Status: Please enjoy and leave comments...subscribe too (P.s. involves violence and profanity)

Careless Whisper

Warden Horatio Barlow: Nightmare in broad daylight

He tossed and turned on the couch. Dashique held him in her arms for only a second, embraced him for the sole purpose of comforting him. He relaxed and continued snoring like a baby. She planted a kiss on his cheek. He was her world. Her one true love. Beads of sweat began to cover his skin as he shot up, eyes wide open. Hyperventilating, he checked the time on his phone. It was already half 4. He looked at his personal assistant who was typing away. Why had he allowed her into talking him to sleep when Damon was out there creating chaos in the world?
"You didn't wake me up," he said as he got up and wiped away the sweat, "we are closing soon and I haven't done any work."
Dashique smiled, her usual flirty smile, "you needed to sleep sir. I can handle things here now. I'm sure your wife is waiting for you at home. Go to your family. They probably miss you. Just relax for once, then tomorrow you can come and work to your heart's content."
A resounding "no" escaped his lips as he walked towards his seat and removed Dashique from it, "I have to find him. I have to listen to the radio to hear if there is any news on him. The police cannot find out he escaped, you know that very well. Our jobs are on the line here. If this goes out, I will never be allowed to work again. How many times do I need to tell you that? We have an obligation to tell the police, but if we do so, the money we get here will be lowered significantly. Did you not hear what happened the last time Damon escaped, how the prison's budget was cut off because they were rendered incompetent. My son will be going to university very soon and it is not cheap. I need the money."
He didn't know it, but that was exactly what Dashique wanted to hear from him. The more time spent with him, the better.
"Dashique, I need you to work with Nelson for the time being. He has been analysing the security camera's," Warden Barlow explained after he had finally calmed himself down, "I know you are passionate about putting Damon back where he belongs as I am. At this moment and time, you really are the only person I can trust. Nelson may try to hide some information and that is why I need you there. You will be back in the office as soon as the analysing is complete. How does that sound?"
"Sounds great," she smiled as she went to take her bag, "if that is what you wish."
She left as soon as she said that, taking one last look at Warden Barlow. Now he could work peacefully without her constant interruptions. Damon had to be found. There was no way round it.