The Boy Who Could Fly

You only live once

"Hello?"
"Is this Kellin Quinn?"
"Uhm whose asking?"
"It's Mrs. Lucker.." I heard noises and faint sirens in the background.
"What's wrong?"
"Oh kellin don't worry it's just that h-can you come take care of my little girl please?"
"Sure but what happened?"
"I'll tell you later. I'll text you the address. She won't calm down and she wants you here can you please come quick?" Me?
"On my way?" I got out of my room and woke up Justin to take us.

The house was far but with Justin driving we made it there in half the time. As we got closer to the home of the Lucker family I couldn't shake the feeling of something horrible. The vibe got worse when I saw my music teacher running out the house with another person. Kena crying at the door.
"Oh god you're here!" The other said.
"What's happening?"
"Please go to her Kellin I'm so sorry.." Mrs. Lucker didn't even look at me as she walked up to me. She began giving me directions as Justin went over to Kenna and brought her to me.

"KELLIN!" She screamed through watery eyes.
"Hey princess." I tried to sound as calm as I could and held her close.
"Mrs. Lucker?"
"Call me Jolie."
"Jolie, it's gonna be okay."
"I hope so Kellin." She wiped her tears and left the three of us confused as worried.
"Is daddy gonna be okay?" What did she mean by daddy? Did something happen to him? Was that why Jolie had been so stressed out and looked hurt just now?
"It's gonna be okay princess."
"Lets go inside guys." Justin lead us inside and we stayed there for the rest of the night.

"Early morning today a hero was lost... Mitch Lucker from the well known band 'Suicide Silence' has passed away today.... Inspiration, legend, and hero to many fans. To those close to him, friend, husband, father.. He will always be in our hearts.. Legends Never Die.."

I had been reading all the posts that were being made so far today.
They were all true. And that was a fact that no one could deny..
Mitch was, gone..
Late night he had a tragic motorcycle accident and this morning was pronounced dead at the hospital. That was why I was with Justin, Jolie, and Kenadee today.

"Where's daddy?" Kena had began to grow fustrated at the situation.
"He's in a better place sweetly." Was all I could manage. Jolie would try to explain as much as she could. There was school today but we decided it was better to not show up. How could we anyways? Even Jesse and Jack didn't go. Vic and our friends went, but soon left after not being able to handle the sad truth. We were the only ones at school who knew so far. Ronnie and his group had even tagged 'R.I.P. Mitch' on some walls. I guess they were fans too.

"Kellin I'm sorry you had to be here."
"It's okay, I was happy to help with what I could."
"You two go get some rest."
"Bye KELLIN!"
"Bye my little princess." I hugged Kena one more time and went back home with Justin. The drive home felt long. But we decided to tak Jolie's advise and try to get some rest.

Today all of us went to the site where the accident had happened.
"It's over there." Jaime motioned. We crossed the street and saw candles and posters on the sidewalk.
"Oh god." Vic squeezed my hand in shock. We all were just horrified.
"He s-saved me." Alan whispered
"Our hero is gone guys. He really is gone." Tony whispered.
"I'm gonna miss you.." Hayley had brought one of the band tees and placed it with the others bursting into tears. Austin finally had to take her away from the scene. It was too much. We all stood there and would be greeted by other fans as we all shared experiences and our favorite songs of them.
" Justin are you okay?" He was just standing there with no emotions showing. Distracting him from his thoughts Jack patted his back. He got startled by the sudden contact but stepped closer to me.
"I'm fine." His eyes drifted off to the blood that was left from that night. I wen to him and gave him a big hug to reassure him that I was always gonna be here for him.
"Lets go home brother."
"Brother?" Vic had finally spoken.
"Oh yeah oops. Hey guys Justin here isnt just my new friend.He's my brother. He's not use to socializing so please be patient guys." They all gave him welcoming smiles and went on to more conversing with fellow fans.
"He's like, you're bro?"
"Yeah why?"
"Uhm nevermind. I'm just happy to see you here with me Kells." He gave me a quick kiss and wrapped an arm around my waist. I took his other hand to bring him closer but I got a glimpse of open wounds. Not deep, but just enough to draw blood out.
"Vic. I'm sorry you broke your promise to him. But please don't do it again." I held his hand again an kissed it. He wanted to be here for me, so I have to do the same. Show him that he is the better person.
"As long as you're here with me.. I promise."

Tonight we gathered once again at the site. My mother came with me and Justin to see if we would be okay. Other parents came with their kids as well. Driving here from all parts of California. We all gathered together as Jolie began to say her speech. Vic held me from behind and rested his chin on my neck.
"Kellin I hope you still trust me."
"Of course I do."
"Then why didn't you call me over the other night when it happened?"
"Can we not talk about this?"
"Sure thing Kells." He kissed my cheek and once again we focused on our surroundings. Jolie in the middle of the crowd talking to everyone of us. We listened to stories of how much he changed lives and saved so many fans. Now only a few of us were left as we all sat around.

"You need to be strong for your daughter." My mother approached Jolie an gave her a warm smile.
"Thank you."
"No, thank you. My son here had told me about you and your family. Thank you for helping my Kellin at school."
"Happy to have him as a student. Your son really does have a wonderful voice. You must be so proud of him." My mother walked over to me and I got up to meet her halfway for a hug.
"I'm proud to have you as my son Kellin."
"I love you mom." I held her tight before she decided to take us all home. She also gave Hayley a ride since Austin had taken Alan, Tino and others that lived near him all home.
"So Hayley where are your your parents?"
"Not here."
"Why?"
"My parents divorced and my dad left out of town."
"You must be lonely."
"Nope. I like the silence, it's nice without him here.." My mom sighed as she finally got there ad Hayley left.
"Her dad hit her didn't he?"
"What?"
"Kellin I saw a bruise just now when she go out, under her shirt."
"I shouldn't say it but yeah. He hurts her." She sighed once again and dropped the subject.
"So that boy, is he your.."
"Kellin has a boyfriend!" Justin whined from the back."
"Aw Kellin I'm so happy seeing you with someone."
"Thanks mom."
"Kellin an Vic. Sittin in a tree."
"K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" Great, now my mom was acting like Justin.
"Oh my god you guys shut up."
♠ ♠ ♠
I have no Internet at home so I did this like super quick before I got in for work enjoy:)