The Boy Who Could Fly

Over and Under

"So Kellin? Do you have the sheets for me?"
"Uhm."
"Now Mr. Quinn, do you not comprehend what I'm trying to state when I say "Where is your homework?"
"I do but-"
"But?"
"They're in my locker." I sighed, god this old lady was the worst of them all!
"Well lets see you go get them shall we?" She headed to the door and opened it just enough to let me pass through.
"Be back in five minutes." She warned as she shut the door. I rolled my eyes and stuck my tongue out at the class. The nerve she has! Doesn't she see I'm crippled?
Well I'm not crippled. Just in a wheelchair.
"Stupid chair." I mumbled. I shelled myself down the hall to the elevator where I was told I had to use since I couldn't use the stairs anymore. Lucky me for having the locker at the other end of the main building in the first floor. I was sent out of the hospital yesterday since my mother was too worried about me being lonely there. And she was also the reason I was on this chair, she thought it would be easier going around in it. It sorta beats having crutches. I can't believe my leg is still broken, along with my arm. Both still had their casts, my ribs hurt when poked, but at least I didn't have to pee in a bowl thingy or have that annoying crap on my face. Seriously it made my nose itch and I always ended up frustrated with it.
I guess it could've been worse, I coulda stayed dead.

"Hey Kellin." I walk- no rolled into the cafeteria and made my way to our table we usually sat at.
"Hey Mike, how's it been?"
"Good! How ya been buddy?"
"I've been better to be honest."
"And walking." He chuckled. I could always count on Mike to crack the stupid cripple jokes, he had been all day.
"Oh hey Kellin I waited at the stairs for you, what happen?"
"That's not funny Jack."
"Let us have our fun dude! Come on you know we're all happy you're back."
"Fine, but no more tomorrow okay?" They smirked and thought of other jokes to crack.
"Hey Tony!" I saw him as he walked into the cafeteria with-
"Hey there Kellin, I thought you were dead."
"Still here Cara." I gave her the fakest smile I could pull and turned my head around and made a puking face at Justin. He chuckled but bumped me shoulder. I turned back to Tony and she was still there.
"So Kellin, tell me.. What's it like to be dead?" I could tell she was just pure evil.
"Well it beats having to see you."
"Burned by a crip."
"Shut up loser!" She snapped at whoever said that. I had to cough to hide my chuckle at her.
"Well if I were you I'd be scare Bostwick, never know if he'll strike again." She flipped her hair behind her shoulders and turned to walk away.
"How do you know it was a dude?"
"I don't." She gave me a devilish smirk and walked away in her ugly high heels that she apparently didn't know how to walk in.
"Skank" I mumbled.
"More like suspicious." Justin stated, he took me away from her sight to get us some food. Thank goodness today was spicy chicken day. I love it.
"Hey Kellin" I looked around an saw a pair of legs in front of me. I had to move and look straight up to see Austin there at my side. Great, now I feel even shorter next to him. He looks like a giant now.
"Oh hey Austin, how's it been?"
"Been eh.. Gods to see you again."
"Same here bro." I smiled at him, he gave me a handshake and walked alway when he paid for his food.
"We'll that was nice." Justin commented when Austin was walking past him.
"Why?"
"Well it's just that he's not the same. Since Hayley and everything ya know?"
"No, I don't."
"I thought I told you back at the hospital?"
"You did, nevermind bro.. I can't think straight."
"Is everything okay? Do you need something?" He sat up straight and waited for me to reply.
"Nah I'm good. But I could sure use 20 bucks."
"Get over yourself Kelly!"
"Hey it's for donation."
"For who?"
"The crippled?" We ended up in laughing fits as the rest of the guys got their food and came to eat with us.

"Kellin! We've been worried sick! I was going to visit you at the hospital but you needed rest. Are you fine dear? Here let me move the chairs, oh wait let me help you."
"I'm fine Teach, honestly"
You can call me Jolie, and I hope you are Kellin. But let me help you."
Thanks Jolie." She gave me a warm smile and insisted on sitting me next to the door. As the others walked past they chuckled at me for being her favorite now. Jelous much?
"Okay kids since I am such a nice teacher, I'm gonna give you the week to get ready for your final on friday. I would've made it after thanksgiving but since you're gonna be stressed over other classes..." Right. I have semester finals I need to pass. Anything to graduate high school I guess. Shit, that means its almost Chrismas vacation! Wait its not like I'm doing anything. It's probably gonna be just us three inside all day eating, and opening presents we would most likely forget until last minute to buy. I did at least. So, what would I get them?
"Kellin did you hear me?"
"What? Sorry can you repeat that again?" I shook my Christmas thoughts out of my head and looked up to see Jolie had been standing right in front of me.
"I just finished telling the class about your final. And since neither you or Vic performed your song, you need to ace this okay? And it has to be good." Shit I forgot. We never did get to make that up. I had a perfect excuse, I was dead! Then Vic disappeared. I was gone, well I guess we both weren't able to perfeorm our song. But he hasn't came back yet.
Vic, where are you, why did you abandon me? I've been missing you so much lately, how could you do this to me? Did you ever like me enough to stay?
No, he would've been here.
"Before you leave! I want to remind you that each day this week you're gonna be performing songs you pick from the singing hat. Friday is your final!" The bell rang as she ended and every one walked out the room.
"Kellin can I talk to you for a sec?"
"Sure, what happen Miss?"
"Well I was wondering if you could do something for me?" She looked around to make sure everyone had left.
"Yes?" What did she want?
"Watch out okay, I've been hearing rumors.."
"It's fine! I can handle it now." I admit being asked every five fucking seconds if I was okay, was starting to get very annoying to me.
"I can't say anything, but be careful, Kellin Quinn."
"What exactly did you hear?" I questioned. She let out a sigh and pulled a chair next to me, scooting close and I honestly got nervous, what was it?
"I can't say it right now Kellin. Just keep your eyes open for anything suspicious. Or anyone." She looked at the door and stood up again.
"Okay Kellin, that's all you need to to know about catching up on your grades okay? Study guides end up being the test okay?" She opend the door and acted as if she wasn't telling me to watch my back.
"Uhm okay miss. Thanks."
"Off you go kellin!" She patted my shoulder as I rolled out and gave me a concerned glare as I made my way to my locker. I got all my notebooks and decided tonight would be math night, I need to study extra hard for math. I got my junk and got out through one of the smaller buildings that had freshman classes to head over to the parking lot.
"Watch out Fag!"
"I'm sorry Ronnie!" I had ran over his foot,
"it was an accident" I added.
"You better watch out you little shit." He wanted to say more but stopped when he looked past me and sighed, shutting his mouth and rolling his eyes.
"Just watch your fucking step Quinn." He pushed me back a bit and walked away shoving his way past some kids.
Where did Justin go? I need to talk to my brother about this whole thing. Maybe he can help me out. I bet he heard something. I should get the guys together and ask them. I should text Jack and Justin, and Gabe too since he's a friend now.
Me: meet at my house @6 guys!
Jack: wtf happen dude :/
Me: weird shit man:( been a crazy day u know??

It really was crazy today.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've been getting lazy with this so sorry