The Boy Who Could Fly

Bohemian Rhapsody

"Alright so I've come to my decision... School is such a bitch!" Jesse was right though, it was hard. We grabbed our trays and headed for our spot in the cafeteria.
I brought my wheelchair today, but I left it in Jack's car, waiting until I needed it. I was tired of it, so I got a came from the gas station of the way here and used that. I was just so tired of sitting on my ass all the time. So the cane helped my leg more. My mom might get upset, but I can't stand that chair.
"Hey babe, whose a bitch?" Jack made room for his boyfriend to sit next to him and elbowed him to say.
"Oh you heard that? Oops. I said school was a bitch." He chuckled the last part out and took a bite of his grilled cheese.
"Whatever, all I wanna do is pass." "Yeah Jesse, it's our senior year here. Lighten up bro."
"You're right Kellin. It's just that Miss Ackerman is such an ass to me! She wants to fail me, I know it." I rolled my eyes at him and looked around at the cafeteria. I could see Tony, Mike, and Hayley sitting in the center table of the room. Jaime was already walking over to them with another girl when he noticed me looking.
"Hey Kellin! Come sit!" His big smile was one I couldn't refuse.
"Uhm guys, I'm gonna go chill with them. Justin is that okay?" I always asked him if it was fine if I could leave him.
"Yeah go ahead." He gave me the okay so I got up and took my tray I'over to the center table.
"Sup Quinn. Mike gave me a fist bump and Tony sat up happy to see me again.
"Hey Kellin, how's it been?" Hayley was sitting across the table from me and nudged my foot with hers.
"Getting better. " I said truthfully.
"I see, no more wheelchair?"
"Whatever Hay!" I laughed. She stuck her tongue out and made faces at me.
"So immature," I rolled my eyes and did the same when she turned around.
"So Kellin, wanna come over later? We're gonna chill at my place and go eat." Tony waited for my response, it had been a long time since I had hung out with them.
"Sure." I smiled.
"Great! Ill pick you up?" Jaime asked, eager to hang out with all of us together again.
"Nah Justin can take me, thanks." After that I finished my salad and ate my apple before the bell rang.
"Kellin, I still trust you. Whenever you wanna talk or anything, I'm here okay?" Hayley gave me a hug before walking ahead of us to class.

"Alright kids, you remember David right? Well he's gonna be here as our guest today, be nice to him."
With his queue he walked in the door and surprised us. Half the class hadn't known who he was until they googled him and realized he was awesome. You'd be surprised too if your substitute teacher was from the foo fighters.
"Thanks Jolie. Alright, as your first guest of the week, I wanna start off by asking you guys this. What makes a band, a legend?" Every one thought hard about this.
"They were great musicians?" Alan asked.
"Yes, but what else?"
"They were awesome."
"They created their own music"
"Gave kids a reason to live."
"They were hot." A blonde girl named Taylor said.
"I guess that's all true. But you're missing something. Their lives. What they went through, the good, the bad, fucked up or good times, it all came together and formed what they became. What if John Lennon never met Paul? The Beatles wouldn't have existed. Same goes with every any other group. Meeting someone at any given time can make your life change in just one moment. The things you go through, people you meet, decisions you make, mistakes you regret, they all shape the person you are. We go through hard times to learn and get better. Some don't learn, others take it and create something with it. Music. Like who can name someone right now."
"Beethoven?" I choked up.
"Excellent choice Kellin! Okay now Beethoven was a pianist back in the day, but he was deaf. Instead of giving up what happen?"
"He made music." I could tell Justin was nervous for answering out loud in class, I could tell. I'm proud of him, he really just spoke up like I knew he could.
" Alright Justin, he did. And he created amazing symphonies with his passion for music. He never had the chance to hear it, but we do." Next Jolie began to play one of his pieces on the piano in the back of the room. It was pretty funny how she just casually played a difficult song for David.
"Alright kids, so this is where I step out, and let your teach take over. Great seeing you guys again." He waved his hand at us and exited Bowing his head as we clapped for him.
"Okay then. Well before we end the day, I've decided what your final will be. I will choose a song. And you have to perform it on the spot. After, you'll explain what you felt. Like if there was a connection and what it means to you."
"What song is it?"
"It's a surprise." She began to grin at us all as we sat here confused.
"Wait, how are we gonna sing it when we don't know what were gonna sing?"
"Believe me Alex, you'll know the song. Oh and on that note. Why don't you start it off?" He let his mouth hang from his jaw and stared at her.
Come on Alexander, why don't you perform your final?" She motioned for him to the front of the class. He groaned next to me and sat up from his chair.
"Good luck." I whispered to him. He looked at me and sighed. He walked to the front and sat on the stool.
"What now?"
"Now, you sing." She held a paper in the air and he took of from her grasp slowly. He looked over it, and a smirk grew on his face.
"Alright Lucker, you got it." He got a guitar from the wall and sat back down and began to tune it.

His assignment was bohemian rhapsody. A Queen song! He was lucky he knew it in guitar. It looked hard though. So this is her idea, make us all perform songs on the spot and be good at it. Understand the words we sing and get a grade on it, just like that.
Sneaky Jolie.. She really was a good teacher though, so I know she's gonna cut some slack for us. We're her favorite class.
As Alex was playing the last parts I felt my phone vibrate and took it out just a bit to check who that was.
"Mom?" I breathed out.

Mom: Kellin?
Me: hi mommy :)
Mom: Kellin I need you and Justin to come straight home once school is over as fast as you can.
Me: what happen? Should we go now??
Mom: ABSOLUTLY NOT!! You need to get good grades Kellin..
Me: JK mom!! ps JK stands for just kidding
Mom: I know how to read text -_-
Me: whatever mom.. See you

After that she never texted back and the bell rang.
"Allright guys I want you all here this week cuz if I call you and you're not here big trouble is in your way." I wanted to stay and talk to her, but I have to go home.
I wonder what mom wants?
♠ ♠ ♠
Ijust named the chapter after Alex's final;) uhm enjoy and once again thanks for reading okay!!
P.s. tragedy will strike in the next chapter dun duun DUUNN!!