Status: Just a random Harry Potter fan fiction.

Gaze

Chapter 2

Hermione got up slowly trying to examine where she was. Her vision was blurry at first but with a few rapid blinks she was able to regain full focus. Her head felt abnormally light to her as if she was falling. Realizing it wouldn't be the best idea to stand in that condition, she laid back down on the floor. The walls she could see were cracked with flakes of old paint peeling off of them. They were a sickly, pale white color. Whoever decided to paint over the concrete didn't do the best job. The floor was cold, it almost felt like snow. However, it was a hard colorless cement. There were no cracks really, just a few chips along the way. There was a single doorway that was made of iron bars. From where Hermione was laying, she couldn't see details on them if there were any. The whole room was lit by torches mounted onto the wall giving it a dark but glowing feel at the same time.
Hermione slowly tried to stand again and this time turned out successful. Her knees shook once...twice...thrice...then were straight and controllable again. She was expecting to get dizzy again but luckily she didn't. The only place she could think to walk to was the door. That's exactly what she did. When she reached it she put each hand on a bar and slowly wrapped her hand around it. The iron bar felt as cold as the floor did, if not colder. Some of the bars were rusted telling Hermione wherever she was at the moment, it wasn't the most pleasant place to be. Turning back around the room appeared spacious and within distance from the door gradually made its way to darkness until you couldn't see anymore.
Hermione saw Ginny and Harry laying on the floor. Though unlike Harry, Ginny's eyes were open and she was slowly but surely getting up. Ginny wasn't nearly as dizzy as Hermione was when she first awoke, her slow pace and general shaking instead was due to the fear of an unknown place. Ginny spotted Harry and immediately walked over to him, hurrying of course. He was breathing perfectly fine, he just wasn't conscience. "Is he ok Ginny?" Hermione said hoping the volume of her voice would be enough to get Ginny's attention. It was. "He's breathing." She replied as if she wasn't exactly sure of that. The doubt in her voice caused Hermione to make her way back to where Harry was laying and Ginny was kneeling. When she reached them she confirmed he was breathing and would be awake sometime shortly.
It didn't surprise Hermione that he was the last one to get up again. In fact, she found it highly logical and to be expected. Whatever that thing was that decided to eat its way into their heads surly harmed Harry the most. Wherever they were it was not pleasant, so she suspected the thing brought them to some place belonging to some person who wanted them each dead. Now who they were going to have to deal with was the question. Since Hermione was never here before, she wasn't able to make any rational conclusions just yet.
The door opened with a thump then closed with the same thump. A figure was standing in the doorway. She was about as tall as Hermione and that's all she could see from where she was standing. Ginny quickly gave her a look of concern but said nothing. Whoever it was wasn't someone she has encountered before. The figure approached them with a smirk on their face and their wand in their hand. Never has Hermione nor Ginny encountered this person before.
The person was a she. That was obvious for obvious reasons. Her hair was a dirty blonde, but at the moment it was slicked back into a high ponytail. The hair wasn't thin, it wasn't thick, it was somewhere in between and wavy. Her hair color seemed like it would bring out her eye color if it was down. The eye shade of her wasn't exactly one that could be classified as one simple color. If you mixed green and a light blue, you would get the eye color of this person. Her chin was rounded but her jaw was straight and defined when she smirked.

"Hello." The person said slyly.
"Hello." Hermione said with a tone that told this person she was on guard. Hermione began to feel around for her wand, but it wasn't on her being.
"Not relaxed are you?" This 'blonde she' smirked again.
"Not exactly, no." Hermione didn't want to question her, she could plainly see she was armed with a wand. That was one thing Hermione didn't have at the moment, so putting herself in a position where she couldn't defend herself was dim-witted. Ginny stayed silent and didn't approach the two of them. This is one conversation she didn't want in on, but still had to watch.