‹ Prequel: Echo
Status: Being Written

Safe & Sound

Two

Tyler:

Lockouts suck! Don't get me wrong, Switzerland is great, but I can't stand not playing with my teammates, and I know I promised Nicole all those things when I left but; I can't forget about her, I can't not think about her ever again, and I can't live a happy life without her. I know she is with Adam now and I really want to be happy for her, but I can't, not my teammate. How am I supposed to go to home games, whenever this stupid lockout is over, and not feel sad when I see her there. She probably has a new Bruins bear wearing a Mcquaid jersey. The NHL has really screwed me over here, those owners better end this lockout quick to try and make up for it.

Nicole:

Things with Adam are going great. We're still not moving fast, which I actually kind of like. Adam is really fitting in with the guys in Providence and I'm glad I can see his games and he isn't playing overseas like...Ty. I can't deny that I miss Tyler, I think about him everyday. It's not easy knowing he is overseas while I'm practically dating his teammate. I know he probably isn't okay on the inside, but he will put on a smile just as long as I'm happy. If Tyler were to come back tomorrow I would be the one to pick him up from the airport, that's how much I miss him. But, Adam is such a nice guy, I couldn't just leave him if Ty came back, I would never do something like that, no matter how much I love Tyler. I couldn't ever do something like that, to any guy.

The AHL All-Star Game is coming up and Adam will be on a break for awhile so were back in Boston for now. I like Providence, but Boston will always be a second home to me. Even though I've gone through so much stuff here, I love this city. Without the NHL, there isn't too much to do here. We've gone to a few Celtics games or we've gone out to eat, but other than that its been kind of boring and lonely without all the guys and their girlfriends around. Adam really has been trying to cheer me up, but I don't know what it is, lately I just don't feel like myself lately.

Adam:

Nicole really is an amazing girl. I never really realised it until we started hanging out more. Although, lately she's seemed a bit more upset. I don't know if its the whole Tyler thing, maybe not having all the guys and their girls around, or it could be something else, but I would love know so I could try and help. I don't want to push Nicole into telling me though, when she is ready to open up to me she will.

I decided to make her breakfast this morning, I'm not the best cook but I figured it couldn't hurt. I got up earlier then normal and made anything I could find that was breakfast related. Eggs, bacon, pancakes, sausage. My strategy was follow the directions, that way I couldn't mess things up that bad. "Hey, what is this?" I turned around while flipping some pancakes and Nicole was standing there putting her hair up in a messy bun.

"Hey, good morning." I walked over and gave her a kiss. "Well I was going to for breakfast in bed because I thought it be more special, but surprise!" She walked over and sat at the counter. "Why did you do this?" "Well, I knew that you were feeling down lately, I just wanted to try and cheer you up. Plus I'm going back to Providence tonight without you, and I wanted to do something special." She gave me a smile as I handed her a plate. "Well thank you, this is really sweet of you." "Your welcome." We both laughed and started eating.

"So how was it? I'm not much of cook." Nicole took a sip of her orange juice and put her dish in the sink. "It was actually-" Nicole put her hand to her mouth and I walked over to her. "Nicole are you okay?" She quickly pushed past me shaking her head. Before I knew it she was throwing up in the bathroom. I stood outside because she didn't want me to help. A few minutes later she walked out with tears streaming down her face. I wrapped her up in a hug and rubbed her back to try and calm her down.

"Nicole, I'm so sorry. I didn't think I was that bad of a cook that I would make you sick." "I don't think it was your food, I think it's something else." "Well what do you want to do?" "I will have to call the doctor. I mean this is why I've been feeling down, maybe I'm sick." "Well hopefully they can get you in sometime today, if not I won't be able to go with you." "That's okay, I'll be fine by myself, you have to go back to Providence." "You sure?" "Yeah, I'll be fine." I leaned in to give her a kiss but she stopped me. "You might want to kiss my cheek considering I just threw up." We both laughed. "Your probably right. That breakfast was good the first time, I don't need another taste." I have her a kiss on the cheek and she went to call the doctor.

Nicole:

I already had a feeling why I was throwing up, but I couldn't tell Adam, not know at least. If I'm right I need time to figure and sort things out. Luckily, Adam has gone back to Providence and I will have some time to get my story straight. But not knowing when he and Tyler will be back really makes me stressed. Telling Tyler will be harder then Adam, and that's what I am worried about.

Tyler:

The lockout is finally over! I had a great time in Switzerland, but I'm glad to be back in Boston. I flew home a day earlier then everyone else so I could hopefully spend time with Nicole without Adam around. Not that I want to do anything to break them up, but I want to talk to her and see how she is. I drove to her apartment first even though I thought she might be at Adam's. Surprisingly when I knocked on the door Nicole answered. "Tyler? What are you doing here?" She wrapped me in a hug and pulled me inside. "The lockout is over. The season is starting soon." "That's great. Are you hungry or thirsty or anything?" "Um, no thanks. So how have you been?" "Good, I've been good. What about you?" "Good, better now the lockout is over." We both laughed. "No kidding, I'm sure Adam feels the same way."

"Yeah, how are you two doing?" "Good thanks for asking." The mood got awkward and we both looked around the room as if searching for something, anything to talk about. I looked towards the hall and saw into a spare room that's door was ajar. It looked different from the last time I was here, I was painted I just could see too much of it. "Hey, are you remodelling or something?" "Tyler no!" Nicole tried to stop me but it was too late I was surrounded by a baby blue hockey themed room and I knew exactly why she didn't want me walking in.

Nicole:

I guess I didn't have to tell Tyler, he found out himself. I tried stopping him but I was just too late. "You're pregnant?" Tyler walked over to the crib and picked up a teddy bear from inside wearing a Mcquaid jersey. He almost sounded mad, but mainly upset. "I was going to tell you, I never wanted you to find out like this." "How does Adam feel about this?" "He doesn't know." "You haven't told him?" He looked at me with years in his eyes. "I wanted to tell you first, I felt it was only right."

"Well, I'm really happy for you two. Congratulations." He walked past me and handed me the bear on his way out. "Tyler! Wait!" He stopped at the front door and looked back at me. "I promised to forget all about you, to never think about you again, and that's exactly what I nee to do." He left and slammed the door behind him and I had tears in my eyes. I was sorry he had to find out that way, I really was, but he had to know. I just wish he would have reacted differently, now I feel terrible about this whole situation.
♠ ♠ ♠
Second chapter! Can I get some comments please!?! Thanks!