To Philly With Care

Being Sued While Planning a Wedding

***Jass’ POV***

3 days after my surprise engagement I walked with Gran into an attorney’s office I had never been to before. Gran obviously had been here before because of how well she was being treated. We sat down in a nice small conference room and waited for the attorney to join us. When that happened Gran stood and fondly embraced him. “Peter so good to see you again.”

He smiled. “I just wish it was under better circumstances Mrs. Richard.” He turned to me. “You must be Jassmine, her granddaughter and my secondary client for this unpleasantness.” He held out his hand and shook mine firmly. “Please have a seat. I’m well aware of what’s been going on.”

He outlined just why the rest of my family was suing Gramp, Gran and myself easily. “First of all congratulations on both of the happy occasions that happened a few days ago. I know that it makes your grandparents very happy to see you found someone who so obviously loves you for you and not your name.” I blushed. Max hadn’t known what my name meant until after we started dating, he had worked hard to understand how hard it was for me to _not_ trade on it and instead stand on my own as much as I could. “This lawsuit, however, was something your grandparents knew could happen when they wrote up the Estate Trust.”

Gran snorted. “Obviously we didn’t do well enough in planning it. If we had we would have named Jassmine in the first place as the beneficiary of the Estate in the event of her engagement with the ring. That’s neither here nor there though. Peter, please tell me everything we _have_ prepared for this long shot case will do some good.” She was leaning towards him hoping he’d have some good answers.

“Marion, with all the planning we did, this case has no merit. Unfortunately we do have to proceed with it and can not get it thrown out. Being one of the oldest families in the city I hope you can understand that.” Gran nodded. “Now, that being said, we do have some work we need to do and the sooner we get it done the better for all of us.” He got up and called in a few other people. The rest of that appointment was spent with Gran and I mostly separated to keep our testimony clean.

In the end we found out that the first court date was actually set for the next day. “Yes, this is fast but with who is involved I’m personally not surprised. It’s the setting of the actual trial date that is tomorrow. Show up here looking wonderful, and preferably with your fiancé Ms. Richard, and we’ll all go together to get this initial date out of the way.”

When I told Max he would have to go with us the next morning he wasn’t surprised. He texted Claude letting him know that he wouldn’t be at skate the next day. Claude of course called back and immediately began chirping him, until Max said _why_ he’d be missing skate. “No G, you don’t get it. Jass and her Gran are being sued by the rest of them because of our engagement. I have to be there to support them.”

“Oh shit man, then I’ll let the guys know what’s going on. If you need any of us let us know. We’ve got your backs for sure.” With the need for conversation over they said goodbye and Max sighed in relief.

Late the next morning we joined Gran at Klenk Law and en masse travelled to the courthouse. Of course we met the rest of them, minus the kids who were in school thankfully, outside the room. Soon though we were getting settled. I fond myself sitting as far away from the plaintiff’s table and the family as I could mostly because Gran and Mr. Klenk wanted to insulate me from the hateful glares that were being thrown about.

Max was behind me in the gallery. We had taken care with how we had dressed today, including coordinating with Gran. We hadn’t dressed up really, more just dressed as we would for work, or a game as in Max’s case. The family by comparison was flaunting their wealth. In fact the most expensive item any of us were wearing was my engagement ring.

The judge came in and our initial date began. “This is a rather unfortunate case, in that family should never sue family. This being said I am looking at my calendar and finding that due to the schedule of one of the participants this will be a quick turn around, to say nothing about hopefully easing the stress on Ms. Richard.” Yep we’d played the twins pregnancy card. “If you have motions ready I shall hear them, however any motions for dismissal will have to have _good_ evidence to back it up.” He was looking at us.

Mr. Klenk stood. “Your honor we have no motions at this time and only wish that these proceedings be over as quickly as the Court will allow.” It was true too. While we wanted a dismissal we wanted it after we had complied an air tight case which Peter assured us we had.

One of the members of Angela’s firm was representing them and now stood. “Your honor, the family simply wants to have a say in who the estate gets entrusted to. This clause written into Mr. Richard’s estate and will is unfair.”

The judge wasn’t amused. “It may not be fair in their eyes now, but I will adjudicate this proceeding not any of you.” He looked at the bench and then back up. “Mr. Klenk the gentleman behind Ms. Richard is the participant with the schedule constraints correct?”

Peter stood. “He is your honor.”

“Young man move past the railing and join Ms. Richard.” Max got up and moved next to me as directed, before he could sit down the judge continued. “Now, answer me this, why should I take your schedule into account?”

Max straightened, took my hand and looked at the judge. “Your honor, I don’t know if you follow sports at all but I am a member of the Flyers. Our training camp and preseason is this month after which there would be little guarantee that I could support my fiancee and her grandmother as closely as I would like. I will be able to take the trial date off from practice if you are kind enough to have it before I have to be out of town for work.” The family scoffed as he said work. Of course none of them knew how hard Max truly worked to keep himself game ready. Max said nothing to them about their reaction.

The judge noticed that and Max’s hand in mine. “Sit please Mr. Talbot. I am aware of who you are, however my being a fan will not sway me. That you wish to support your loved ones means a great deal to me.” He conferred with his Court Clerk and then made his wishes known. “I am going to set this trial date for two weeks from today on the 20th of this month. We shall begin at 9 a.m. sharp.” He then admonished us carefully. “I will not tolerate untoward displays of wealth during this proceeding. While I understand that some jewelry is appropriate I do not need to see exactly how much you have nor do I wish to see ostentatious outfits doing the same.” We were quickly dismissed from the court room.

Peter told us that he would be submitting his documentation to the court on Monday and told us to go relax over the weekend. Gran had a lunch date, Max had to go train which meant I was on my own for lunch as well. Looking at the time I thought this would be the perfect time to find out if two of my favorite girls would stand beside me this coming February. Max and I had discussed how big we wanted our wedding party to be and figured out that 2 would be the perfect number for us. I knew who I wanted as my girls, now I just needed them to say yes.

I dialed Moni first. After she answered I jumped right in. “Join me for lunch at Jones’?” It was a fun place for a meal and one that we enjoyed.

Moni laughed. “You mean you’re out of court already? Um, sure! Just us or is this a party?” I could hear her putting things away in her loft workspace.

“It’ll be a party of 3, well 5 but 2 of those don’t count just yet.” I laughed, we had jokingly taken to adding the twins to everything. “I’m calling Dans next.”

Moni said she’d meet me downstairs as soon as I could get there and I called Dani. “Dani, got lunch plans?”

“Uh… not that I know of, am I wrong?” She answered.

“That you are! Mon, me and you have plans for Jones’ as soon as we can get there.” She laughed and said she’d meet me there.

Soon enough we were seated, mostly comfortably, in one of the circular booths they had. I was sipping on some apple juice while the other two had pop. Once our orders were placed, I sigh and worked on relaxing. “Well the court date today went well. The judge isn’t going to let himself be bullied by anyone which is a plus. He’s also willing to do this a bit faster than normal so there’s not as much stress. The trial is at 9 a.m. on the 20th. Mr. Klenk isn’t overly worried and said we shouldn’t be either.”

Dani leaned over and side hugged me. “That’s good. So, are we going to talk about the rock on your hand now?” She pulled my hand on top of the table. “Correct me if I am mistaken but this was your Gran’s ring yes?”

I smiled. “Yeah, I love that he asked Gran at all. Let alone getting her rings. I do have one thing I need to know before we seriously get into this though.” I took out the cards I had for them and slid them across the table to them.

They opened them and both lit up. It was then a bit of a tug of war to see who would get to hug me first. Dani giggled. “Woman you couldn’t get rid of me if you tried!” She hugged me tightly then let Monique have her turn.

“I’m not gonna have to make the dresses am I?” I very quickly shook my head no and she grinned. “I’m _so_ in! Have you guys set a date yet?” My heart stopped a bit.

I must have stopped for too long as Dani looked at me. “Jass, how long do we have to get this done?” She was hesitant but it was enough.

“February 14th, in Max’s home town. It’s also when we’re going to baptize the kids.” I kind of felt bad for having so little time but we wanted to get this over with. “We’re going to have only family or those we think of as family so maybe like 30 people total. We want to do a bigger party in the summer but we haven’t decided when yet.”

They looked at each other and our food came. My mouth watered as I looked at the Cheeseburger I had ordered. Dani giggled into her Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad as my deviled eggs were set down too. “Oh hush. They’re good protein and the kids like eggs.”

Moni chuckled as she took her Tandoori Chicken Kebabs off their skewers. “Whatever you say mama. We can’t judge really.” She shivered as the fries they had ordered were set down. “We don’t have your excuse.”

We chatted through lunch and I texted Max a couple times bouncing ideas off of him. When we were done with lunch we had an idea for a simple theme of the colors of navy and silver. Max loved the idea and then asked if I was going to go dress shopping now or wait. That panicked me. I was only going to get bigger until December or January. I told him I’d see if I could find something soon and he blew me kisses.

After lunch Dani took over driving while I tried not to hyperventilate over how much I had to do before the kids joined us, let alone after it. I wasn’t paying attention to where we were going but I found out that we were in Cherry Hill at the Alfred Angelo shop there. We went in and instead of looking for _my_ dress Dani and Moni started looking for _their_ dresses. Because my back had started to ache they set me down in a chair and were going to bring dresses to me for approval.

“Ok girl, we know your dress will hit the floor and you will look amazing in it, so how long do you want our dresses to be?” Dani was sitting next to me while the assistant that was helping us looked to take notes.

“Um, I don’t want to have us all in long gowns. I want you to be able to wear it again too.” I was having a serious case of pregnancy brain at this moment. I looked at Moni and made another decision. “I want you to look good in the dress too. Show off your style a bit.”

Moni smiled and kissed my temple. “So as long as we stick to your color scheme we’ll be good.” I nodded and she looked at the assistant. “I look best in Hi-Lo dresses.”

Dani paused her. “Hold on, do you have any dresses that have accents in another color?” The assistant nodded. “Ok how about Moni gets a solid color dress and I get one with an accent color?”

I thought about it, it would give Dani as my Maid of Honor an extra little bit and bringing it up like this meant she wanted both of our opinions. “I like that idea. Maybe a cocktail length for you so you can dress it up for another event?” Even Moni liked the idea so that’s what we asked for.

3 hours and about 20 dresses between them later, Dani and Moni had found dresses that coordinated, looked great on them and best of all they both knew they would use again. Without even thinking about it I paid for both. I had decided with Max that we would buy the wedding gear for our attendants if they didn’t already have it. On our way out Dani smiled at me. “I think the best thing about this is. You have no idea what you’re going to wear but I know what shoes we’ll all have already.”

She took us back to her place and dug a tote box out of her closet. “Back when these shoes came out you were drooling over them and I spoke to Moni and Gran and we got them secretly for you and set them aside for this day.” She pulled out a box of Louboutins. As I opened the box I gasped, they were a pair I drooled over. They were navy blue velvet and had crystals on the heel spike and the platform. They were my dream wedding shoes.

Dani pulled out 2 more boxes. “Gran bought us shoes as well with the caveat that until you got yours we couldn’t have ours.” They had glitter silver sling back Louboutin heels. “We were pretty sure of what colors you were going to insist on. Once we got to know Max, I knew for sure. Now February wasn’t the time of year I thought we’d be wearing them but we can work around it. Now, we can dig into this box some more and find all the treasures I had put away or we can do to one of the dress shops in town and see if we can find you what will be the perfect dress. Make your choice.” They both waited while I thought.

It took me a while but I finally picked up my phone can called Max. “Hey babe, enjoying your time with the girls?” He sounded like he was at home.

“Yeah, uh we got their dresses today. They had a surprise for me too, but that’s not why I called.” I paused, unsure of how to say it. Finally I just did. “Do you ever have dreams about your wedding day? How the girl looks or anything?” I was hesitant, did guys dream stuff like we did?

I heard Max get up and move. “Babe, what’s got you bordering on upset? We’re going to look great, both of us. If you mean what kind of dress she’s wearing, I’ve never been able to really see it. When I have dreamed of my wedding day all I can see about my bride is how she smiles at me, until I met you. Then all I can see is you looking at me with love as you walk up the aisle. Is that what you were wondering?”

I let out a breath I wasn’t sure I knew I had been holding. “Yeah, that helps a lot. Does it bother you that I won’t be teeny tiny for our day?” Oh yeah here come the insecurities. Moni sat next to me and rubbed my back.

“What? No, you’re beautiful and our babies will be too. I’ve been doing some research and I think I’ve found something to help with that, but we can talk about it when you get home tonight. If you want to get your dress now, do it. As long as we end up married with baptized kids I don’t care.” He chuckled. “Well I do care. You get it right?” I heard some kiss noises in the background and giggled.

“Yeah, tell then boys hi from me.” I paused for half a second and continued on. “And thank you for stopping my freak out. I just want everything to be perfect, but you’re right if we’re married and the kids are happy at the end of the day that _is_ perfect.” We said our goodbyes and I felt lighter. “Let’s do this, but maybe look at some dresses first so I know what’s out there?”

Dani grabbed her laptop and between the three of us we cobbled together something that should make me look amazing even only 4-6 weeks postpartum. Monique decided she was going to be on point for this part of our adventure as she knew what I would look good in being petite and pregnant. We went to several shops before ending up in a small out of the way one. When we stepped in I was surprised at the elegance I saw. “Monique! So good to see you again! Come sit all of you.”

Moni explained what we were looking for and introduced Dani and I. “My cousin is having twins and is getting married about 6 weeks after she has the kids. All the big name shop have nothing that will work well on her even now. That and they were jerks trying to fit her as if she was going to be pregnant at the ceremony.” She huffed, though we had been treated badly. “Tony, please tell me you can help us.”

Tony had me stand and smiled. “I can help for sure. Do you know what the attendants will be wearing.” They held up the dress bags they had brought with them. “Bon, go change so I can see how this will go together.” He walked around me a few times. “Empire waist, v-neck with a back so you can wear a good bra. You are going to be feeding your babies yourself?” I chuckled and nodded. “Good, best to plan for it now. Something floaty so that it disguises the tummy.”

The girls came out in their dresses and shoes and he smiled. “Not too formal but not tacky.” He said as he lined us up and stood back. “Monique do you trust me?”

She laughed. “I’m trusting my favorite cousin to you Tony. If that’s not trust I don’t know what is.” My heart warmed. I knew for sure I had made the right decision asking Moni and Dani.

Tony had me put on my shoes and change into the first of his choices. It had a heavily beaded bodice and pleats that went to the floor. Standing back he shook his head. “No, that’s no good.” He went to find another while the three of us agreed with him.

I changed into another that I wasn’t sure about, this had no straps and I kind of needed them. There was ruching on the bodice as well as some bling on the sweetheart neck line. Just what I didn’t need, the girls to be on display and accented. Moni took one look at me and shook her head. “Nope, needs straps and that neck does bad things for her. Great material though.” That I could agreed with it floated around me.

“We’re getting closer, give me a moment.” Tony went into the back of his shop again and came out with something I actually liked. It had a great draping in the front. I barely looked pregnant in it. Again the neck line was wrong but at least it didn’t have a lot of bling on it. “Yes, much closer. I know what you need. You will be amazing.”

He left into the back and Dani grinned. “He really knows his stuff. If this had straps it’d be a great dress.” I turned to the mirror.

“You know me, I like things simpler than most of the family. The bodice is a bit much for me but I love the draping in the front. I barely look pregnant which is awesome.” Yeah I liked this dress a lot. It was on the short list for sure.

When Tony had me change into this last dress I truly gasped. Yes it was big on me but that was ok. It had nice straps that went into a v neck, just a little bling around the empire waist where it accented not highlighted. It even had the front draping like the last one. I walked out and felt amazing. “I love it.”

Tony had me stand with the girls next to me and futzed a little bit. “This is a Dere Kiang from a few years ago. It’s the last one I have here but you look amazing and this is without alterations.”

“I feel incredible. Forget that my back is starting to ache again and the kids are moving a little bit, I can’t tell that I’m pregnant. Thank you Tony. I feel elegant and gorgeous.” I felt like I was going to cry I was so happy. “Moni thank you too. A few hours ago I had no idea what I wanted and now…” I did tear up now. “Now I feel like a woman should feel on her wedding day.”

I turned to Dani. “And you, you knew how much I loved and coveted these shoes and you made sure I would have them. You even made sure you and Moni would have the perfect shoes too. I… I just love you guys so much.” I brought them both in for a group hug.

After making sure the dress was mine I took his card and promised to call him when I delivered so that we could start on alterations a couple weeks after. We then went back to Dani’s place, Max came over and we had a group dinner. We went through the box and laughed at all the ways Dani knew me so well. She even found me wedges that would be able to dance in for the reception.

After thanking the two of them for being so awesome, Max and I left Dani with the tote and all of it’s contents and went home. “I thought we had agreed on a simple theme of just our colors.” He said as he drove.

“We did, but I wouldn’t mind a different theme for our bigger reception in the summer.” I was starting to feel the day catching up with me. “We need to talk to Sofia and start working on that end.” I yawned as we pulled into the parking garage. “I mean I know where the ceremony will be but what about a reception and that side of it…” I was fading fast.

Max helped me into the elevator and chuckled softly. “Why not have the reception at the house? It’s only 30 people right? We can clear the family room and have it there. That way when the kids are hungry you already know what you’re going to do. We can have a good dinner that’s romantic for those of us who actually like Valentine’s Day, maybe something different for the few older kids who’ll be there. We’ll talk to Sofia about it.”

The next 2 weeks flew by, at least for me. Sofia loved that we had dresses already and Max’s idea of having the reception at our home in Brossard. “It cuts down on t’e things we ‘ave to worry about. T’at you ‘ave a really simple theme helps too. Your color choices are magnifique!” I loved Sofia.

Mr. Klenk called a few times for things he needed from me for the trial but overall I was busy getting neck deep into my planning. In fact the girls and I would be going to Montreal after the first game of the season so we could pick things. We were going to make a long weekend of it and watch Max and the boys take on Montreal too.

Soon enough it was time for the trial and while it burst my wedding bubble I had been in, I was glad to be getting things over as quickly as we could. I dressed somewhat conservatively and ironically in our wedding colors. Max was similarly dressed as if he had a game to go to not as if we were going to go out.

As we waited for the court room doors to open Dani and Moni showed up. We’d been spending a lot of time together recently so I didn’t think they’d be here but it was wonderful that they were. Dani leaned into our hug and softly said. “Two weeks and we’ll be tasting lovely things in Montreal.” I couldn’t help but laugh and it was a stress free one at that.

Christopher sidled over. “You sound happy Jass, I miss hearing that.”

I saw the upset look on Angela’s face but replied anyway. “I miss our lunches too Chris. Maybe when this is over we can grab a bite.” He hugged me, not caring who was around.

“I’d love that. You and Dani are going to Montreal? What for?” He sounded concerned which made me smile.

“Well it’s kind of hard to find a wedding dinner without tasting it yourself. Especially when you won’t be able to fly without special permission starting soon.” I rubbed my belly, glad I had both my maternity tank and support belt on. Max touched my back and handed my the support pillow. I looked up and smiled at him, we had plans tonight to look through wedding invitations online and see what we might like.

My mother came over and looked me over. “You’re going to Montreal, to taste things? Why can’t you find someone here instead?” Trust her to want my wedding her way even when she’s upset at me for being engaged.

With Max behind me rubbing my shoulders I told her. “Well because we’ve decided to have our wedding and the kids’ baptism at the same time, in Max's hometown. In fact Sofia, Will’s wife is an event planner and is helping us get it all done quickly. We’re planning it for while the NHL is on Olympic Break so this February, the 14th to be specific.”

They all looked at me as if I was insane. “We can’t possibly have a 300 guest wedding in such a short time.” It made me happy that we were doing this our way.

“You’re right, that’s why the ceremonies themselves are only going to be those we consider family. Very small, very private. We’ll have a larger, more formal reception later in the summer.” Gran patted my arm supportively.

Mom couldn’t say much about my choices I’d seen the pictures of her and dad’s wedding. It was pink, very pink. “They have already have things well in hand. I applaud them for thinking of getting two important ceremonies done in one afternoon. They are taking care of things along with the few attendants they will have.”

Gran didn’t know the half of it, Melanie Gervais had come over when she and Bruno had found out and given us _so_ many tips on how to save time and money. She had been even more excited and honored when she found out just how small we were going for the day itself. My mother didn’t look entirely happy which didn’t bode well for me having a stress free evening.

We filed in and got more serious as we sat at our tables. Mom could be upset with me for how I wanted my day to go, I couldn’t care anymore. My priorities had changed. Soon the judge came in and the trial began. “Good morning. After reading everything submitted to me by both parties. I have decided that this lawsuit has no merit.” The gasp from the family was deafening. “Before the plaintiffs file any motions to contest this finding, I would ask the Defendants to play the video tape they submitted.”

Mr. Klenk nodded, went forward and started a video. On the screen came my Grandfather. “Hello everyone, if you’re seeing this then Jassmine has found someone and gotten engaged there by activating what the family calls The Clause.” He chuckled. “First off let me congratulate Jassmine and her fiancé. I hope you have a long and happy life together. Now that that is done, let me explain exactly why I set up The Clause and the why behind it as well.” Gramp paused and took a drink of water. “Now, the Richard Trust was originally set up to be a way that we could administer the various businesses and properties the family owns. As most things, it’s grown since it’s creation. Now it is a multi-level business that supports itself and the charities that have spun off of it. This being said My Lovely Marion and I have tried hard over the years to find any of our children or grandchildren who were worthy to take this over and run it in the manner which is needs to be run. It is not a personal bank account that my family can dip into as they see fit. It supports hundreds of good, hard-working people in the city. I do not want them to suffer because most of my family don’t understand you have to give to receive. Then along came my shining star who took everything in like a sponge. Marion and I knew then who to give control over this Trust to and how. Before you complain that what we’ve done isn’t legal, it perfectly well is. I would hope that the legal professionals who have seen the materials understand that.” He paused a moment. “Marion and I have planned out that the house and her both have Support from the Trust while those of you of age have Spendthrift Trusts in your names. Now you may not think this is fair and equitable but I assure you with the livings you all make already it is. I would hope that the rest of my will has been dealt with. That is all any of you will get from me. Now Michael, I have long thought you were a bitter person and I think I have figured out why. I don’t think you’ve ever forgive God for taking your baby sisters from us.” I was shocked, I didn’t know I almost had aunts.

I glanced over at my dad and saw him silently crying. “Son, you were such a happy boy until we lost Donna and Diane and then you changed. Take some advice from someone who’s been there. Get some help. Maybe get some help for the entire family cause the hate and envy I see in Angela and Nathaniel is not healthy either. My beloved Marion, be joyous my love. If Jassmine truly has found someone you love than I know I would love them too. You always were an excellent judge of character. Angela, Nathaniel… As I said I think your father’s poison has infected you two as well. You are both successful with important careers, why you look down your nose at Jassmine I do not understand. She’s done the same thing you have, taken her passion and made it her mission. Her passion is helping others just like yours is she just does it in another way. Finally my darling Jassmine. From everything your Gran and I have talked about you have taken to running Bastion like a champ. I hope this person you’re with treats you right. I wish I could be there to see for myself. You’ll do just fine running the Trust, you won’t be alone. The Corporate Board of Directors will be there to help. Don’t forget to have them authorize you to get paid either.”

He took another drink of water and sighed. “My much loved and hurting family, never doubt that I truly love each one of you. We chose what was _best_ for the family as a whole and that is to have the Trust in the hands of someone who can appreciate it and run it so that no one below us gets hurt. In this case it happens to be the person with the business degree and the love for what we meant for this to be. Go get help please. Family is everything and shouldn’t hurt each other like we’ve been doing.” Gramp blew a few kisses and the video ended. I was shell shocked. My grandfather had basically given me control of the family finances because I knew how not to screw them up. He also ordered us to go to therapy which was kind of creepy.

Mr. Klenk moved the video player and sat back down. The judge let us digest this for a moment before clearing his throat and finishing what he had to say. “As you can see by the video there was a sound reason for doing what was done. Having examined everything submitted I have come to the conclusion that the late Mr. Richard was right. You all need to go to therapy to learn things about yourselves and how to work better as a family. Seeing that is not within the scope of this suit I will say this. Your family is well respected in this city for that reason I am sealing this entire record and am going to pretend this didn’t happen. It is the _strong_ _suggestion_ of this court that you follow directions set forth by the late Mr. Richard. With that I deem this case closed.” He banged his gavel, we rose and he went back into his chambers. It was over and it only took 45 minutes.

As we walked out, still a bit in shock, mom came up to me a bit chastened by what she had just heard. “Jassmine, how are you going to get everything done so quickly? A wedding and a baptism are two intricate things that need meticulous planning.”

I heard mom trying to be nicer so I was as well. “By trusting those helping me and having a color scheme that’s hard to screw up. In fact I noticed when we got here that I had dressed in them. Navy and Silver. We don’t have a theme per se just the colors we want. Monique found someone willing to help with adjusting the wedding dress I loved. She and Dani both already have their dresses and look great in them. The three of us as well as Max’s mom and out planner are having several tasting of various things as we settle on a menu for dinner and what we want to do for dessert. As I said earlier we’ll have a more formal reception next summer, we haven’t set when yet.”

Max took the pillow from my left hand and then took my hand. I couldn’t help but smile as he did. Mom noticed. “Do you think there might be room for one more?”

Max deliberately misunderstood. “For the first game of the season? Yeah, I’m sure there’s room. I’d love for you to see the game and meet the girls.” I ducked my head and worked hard not to outright giggle. “As for on the trip to Montreal, we can call Sofia and find out. I’m sure mom would love to meet you, she loves Jass. There’s room at the house, that I know.”

She was confused for a moment. “House? You aren’t staying in a hotel?”

I laughed. “Mom, it’s our summer home. When we aren’t there we’ve let his family use it for full family functions like Thanksgiving. They know we’re coming so it’ll be ready. I don’t think it would be a big deal if we added one more person.” I picked up my phone and called Sofia.

“Bonjour et comment est ma belle-sœur ce beau matin? (Hello and how is my sister in law this fine morning?)” I had dialed her cell phone for ease and was happy to hear she knew who was calling.

Happily I answered her. “Je suis merveilleux, je suis désolé d'appeler si tôt, mais j'ai une question. Pensez-vous que nous pouvons ajouter une personne de plus à la tournée de dégustation? (I'm wonderful, I'm sorry to call so early, but I have a question. Do you think we can add one more person to the tasting tour?)” I privately thought Max should be going with us but waited to hear when Sofia would say.

She sighed in my ear. “Oh Jass je suis désolé, notre tour de dégustation est pleine. Max m'a appelé et fait en sorte qu'il allait avec nous. Six est la limite. (Oh Jass I'm sorry, our tasting tour is full. Max called me and made sure he was with us. Six is the limit.)” She truly sounded sorry but I couldn’t be too sad. I wanted Max to have a say in our wedding too, even when he was busy.

I looked sad as I spoke to her but my heart was anything but. “C'est ok Sofia, je trouverai un autre moyen maman peut vous aider. Merci de me faire savoir si. (This is ok Sofia, I'll find another way mom can help. Thank you for letting me know though.)” Max rubbed my back in support. “Donner à nos étreintes et baisers nièce adorable de sa tante Jass et l'oncle Max. (Give our adorable niece hugs and kisses from her Aunt Jass and Uncle Max.)”

I could hear the smile. “Je vais, nous ne pouvons pas attendre de vous revoir. Soyez prudent et ne pas insister trop. (I will, we can not wait to see you again. Be careful and do not stress too much.)” We said some quick goodbyes and I hung up.

“Sorry mom, Sofia says the tasting tour is full.” The outraged look that flashed in her eyes told me everything I needed to know, she was looking for her own way. “I’m sorry mom but I promised Max I’d go with him to practice if there was time, we need to get going.” Yep, I lied.

Max caught was I was saying and looked at his watch. “We’ll be a little late but I’m sure they’ll be happy I’m there.” I could easily hang out while Max was at practice, I had a list from Sofia of things I needed to make decisions on. With a kiss and a hug for Gran we made our escape.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lots of notes so bear with me please and let me know what you think too. Help me decide if I do 2 more chapters for this one or move onto TNY please! I have ideas for those Chapters now but no ideas for TNY.

Peter Klenk is a real lawyer in Philly who does deal with Estates, Wills and the like.

In the first court date here is what Jass is wearing.

Jones is a real restaurant that I though fit perfectly for the girls lunch date.

Here are the cards for Dani and Moni.

Dani's Maid of Honor Dress.

Moni's Bridesmaid Dress.

Jass' Dream Wedding shoes and The Girls' shoes.

Dresses one, two, three AND THE DRESS.

Here's what Jass is wearing for the second court date, they are playing up the pregnancy angle.

If you couldn't tell I've started a Pinterest account so I can more easily keep track of everything. OMG SO addicting!

Yes I do think that Max would go and double check who was going on the tasting tour and add himself, after all the groom _should_ be there in my opinion.