Status: Completed.

Catfish

Eighteen

Jordin laughed as she unlocked her door, Brian making another crack at a joke. She stepped inside, but Brian politely remained outside the door, his hands in his pockets but with a smile on his face. It made his heart swell to see such a wide smile on Jordin's face, "Thanks for the ice cream. You're the best, Bri," She smiled and he leaned against the door frame.

"I try," He sighed and she scoffed, playfully hitting his arm.

"You want anything to drink before you leave?" She asked politely. Brian wanted to. The only problem was that he knew if he were so close to Jordin on her couch, he wouldn't be able to stop himself from kissing her. He couldn't risk it.

"No, I'm fine. I should get home. I have two more solos to write."

"I'm sure you can whip them up in no time. Don't work too hard," She scolded and he smiled.

"I won't," He stepped inside, wrapping her arms around her, "And don't beat yourself up over what's happening. If you need me you can always call."

"Thanks, Bri," She mumbled into his shoulder and he placed a sweet kiss on top of her head, but left it at that. He gave a small wave before stepping out, shutting the door behind him.

Jordin locked the door, turning around and leaning against it before sliding to the ground. Her head still tingled from where Brian's lips were. The kiss remaining. Her heart was beating so fast she couldn't stand it. She could barely breathe as she remembered how firm his arms were around her. She felt so safe and secure. But she felt loved, most importantly. That's insane, She scolded to herself. What could a rockstar like Brian ever see in her? He was thirty-one, ready to move on with his life. She was just a kid.

She sighed, shuffling over to her room to change into something comfortable to lounge in. It was late. Her and Brian and spoken, once again, for hours without realizing the time. They always had something new to talk about. She felt like the night couldn't have gone by any faster. Soon the ice cream shop was closing and they were forced to leave.

She couldn't wait to see him the following morning.

-

Brian pulled up to his house. His eyes narrowed at the sight of the front living room light on. He knew for a fact he hadn't left it on. All of the guys had keys to his house, and he was hoping it wasn't Zack waiting to talk to him. He didn't want him to kill the joy he was feeling from his night with Jordin.

He looked around the street, searching for any cars he recognized. He saw it. The pure white Mercedes he remembered. It used to be parked in his driveway every single day for three years, and suddenly it was back, this time parked on the curb.

He let out a low growl before slamming the door to his own car, shoving his keys in the lock in his door and stepping inside, "Michelle?" He called, knowing she was in there. He walked forward, seeing his office light on. He rolled his eyes. Even when they were married he never liked Michelle going in there.

"What are you-" He stopped, seeing Michelle sitting at his computer, her eyes wide and a hand slightly covering her mouth.

"It's true..." She whispered and looked up at him.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" Brian demanded, his eyes narrowed in on her. He hadn't been this mad at her since the night he caught her in bed with someone else.

She laughed, "I can't believe it's true."

"What are you talking about?" He asked.

She rolled her eyes, "I'm talking about your little secret life, Brian," She turned the laptop around to show Brian the profile he created, the picture of Jason in the corner, "Or should I say Cameron?"

"How did you find that?" He asked.

"I knew something was up the moment you showed up to that dinner. So, I asked around," She stated simply.

"Jimmy?" He asked in disbelief. He had expected him to tell Leana, but never would he tell Michelle. He also knew Leana wouldn't tell her either. Their friendship had been rocky since everyone found out what Michelle had done to end their three-year marriage.

She scoffed, "Yeah right. I couldn't get it out of him, so I asked Zack," She announced. Brian's eyes almost fell out of their sockets as he ran a hand threw his hair. Zack knew. Zack knew all along and purposely told those lies to Jordin to convince her Cameron was a fake.

"That fucking..." He trailed off, to angry to even speak coherent words.

"You fell for that child? She's ten years younger than you, Brian!" She stated and his eyes narrowed on her.

"What does it matter to you?" He snapped, "Regardless if things work out between me and her, I will never come back to you."

She sighed, "I didn't come here to win you over, Bri. I came here to tell you about what you're getting yourself into."

"Oh, and what would you know?" He was growing more frustrated by the second.

She glared, "You do know who holds all the cards, right?" She asked, "Zack knows. And as far as I'm concerned, he isn't going down without a fight. That girl is going to get hurt, and she's going to leave you, and you're going to fall apart all over again."

"I don't care, Michelle."

-

Jordin tossed herself on the couch, wrapping a blanket around her. She brought her legs up to her chest and turned on the television to see what would be playing so late. The truth was that she couldn't sleep. Every single time she closed her eyes she imagined Brian next to her, his chest bare, their legs tangled with each others. She imagined his body pressed close to her, and she couldn't shake the image. She decided to go without sleep.

She sighed, flipping mindlessly through the channels, not paying attention to the time. She just needed something to distract her. Brian plagued her thoughts. In the kitchen, she pictured him wrapping his arms around her, pushing her against the counter. In the living room, she pictured herself laying on top of him with her head on his chest, his arms wrapped around her waist. Every single piece of her being wanted Brian, and she planned to do nothing about it.

Loud and fast banging on her door pulled her from her thoughts. She groaned. She had no idea who would be at her house so late, except for Jimmy, "You have a key, asshole!" She yelled, tossing the door open. Her eyes went wide, "Z-Zack?"

Zack said nothing as he stepped inside, grabbing Jordin by her waist and pulling her close. His lips went straight to hers, and Jordin gasped, allowing Zack to explore every inch of her mouth. She couldn't lie. Zack was one hell of a kisser, she thought. His hands gripped her waist tighter and she could feel his body heat through her shirt. He moaned into the kiss, bringing a hand up to tangle in her hair as he shut the door with his foot.

"Wait!" She pushed herself away from him, glaring at him, "How dare you," She spat.

"Jordin, Baby, it's over with Gena. I don't want to fix things with her. I want you," He stated. Jordin adverted her eyes past him, staring at the closed door. She didn't want to look into those taunting green eyes of his.

"Stop, Zack," She whispered.

"Look at me, Jordin," He said firmly and she shook her head. He lifted a hand to her chin, turning it to him. She kept her eyes fixated behind him, despite her head pointed directly at him, "Jordin," He called, "Why won't you look at me?"

"Because I don't want to."

"Because you know you'll give in," He teased, his breath hot on her lips. He smirked, leaning down to place soft kisses on her neck, occasionally nibbling on the skin, his tongue running over her smooth skin.

"Stop, please," She whimpered.

Zack huffed and pulled away, keeping his eyes on her. It was then that he realized the tears forming in her eyes. His eyes narrowed on her, "Why, Jordin? What am I missing?" He asked.

"I don't like you, Zack. I'm just missing Cameron," She muttered.

"Cameron!?" He pushed her out of his arms, taking a step back as anger built up inside him, "Oh, so this is about Cameron?" He scoffed, running a hand stressfully through his hair, "In case you forgot, Jordin, Cameron doesn't give a shit about you. He's a scumbag who lied to get you to fall in love with him!"

"What?" Jordin whispered. She didn't like the fact that Zack was speaking like he knew who Cameron was. That scared her.

"You heard me! He lied about everything just to get you to fall in love with him, because he liked what he saw. So don't you dare tell me you still love him when there's someone in front of you who's willing to be everything for you!" Zack yelled and her eyes went wide. She never expected Zack to yell at her, and her hands began to shake.

"What are you talking about!?" She exclaimed.

"You know what," He scoffed, "You'll find out soon enough. Don't say I didn't warn you, Jordin," He muttered darkly before turning around and leaving her apartment, slamming the door shut behind her.

Jordin could feel her breathing turn into large heaves as she began to panic. How did she get herself into this mess? A month ago she was blissfully in love with a man she had never met. Now it seemed she was closer to him than she thought, even having ended that chapter of her life. She thought she could get Cameron out of her head, but she couldn't. And now Zack had weaved his way into her mind, plaguing her thoughts with things she would have never imagined before him.

She looked to the clock, seeing the time near just past midnight. She pulled her phone out, debating on calling Jimmy. She only realized that she didn't want to hear Leana complain about Zack all night, and she honestly didn't want to bother the two of them. She sighed and dialed the only other person she could think of calling.

He answered on the first ring, and it surprised her. So much that she couldn't find her words, "Jordin? What's wrong?" He asked when she didn't answer.

"Brian," She choked out, "I..." She couldn't fathom any words. She didn't know what to say. She so desperately want to tell him that she wanted him. That she needed him, yet she couldn't.

"I'll be right there."