Status: so hi guys

But, Dad...

Flying (and Christmas)

ALBUS’S p.o.v.- Flying

I’m not really sure how Scor is still breathing, considering how tightly I’m clinging to him. The cold wind pulls at my hair and chills me to the bone, and I bury my face into his robes, vying for body heat.

A few moments pass, and then we’re on the ground again, sinking into the snow.

I don’t let go of him, though, even as we get off the broom.

“You okay, Al?”

“Cold,” I mumble, tucking my head under his chin as he hugs me back.

“‘Course,” he laughs, then pulls away and looks at me. A half-smile appears on his face as he just stares at me for a moment, then hugs me again.

“Can we go inside?”

“Of course.”

I walk inside and he quickly drops his broom in his dorm before we go to the Great Hall. Because it is winter, hot chocolate is served all day along with Christmas cookies.

I pour the hot chocolate into cups for both of us. Scor’s cheeks are pink from being out in the snow. There’s a really big smile on his face, though.

“Would you like a cookie?” When he nods, I hand him a sugar cookie that has green and red icing in the shape of a tree. As soon as he takes a bite, he scrunches up his nose and spits out pine needles. I laugh loudly at this, which makes me snort again.

"Still bloody adorable," he smirks through a bite of an unenchanted cookie.

I blush and roll my eyes, flicking his nose.

I go home for Christmas the next week, and Scor doesn't stay at Hogwarts either. We all take a Portkey back to the manor to pick up Mum before heading to the Burrow.

Grandma makes a delicious Christmas dinner as always, and I get to see all the cousins at once. Hugo and Lily keep charming little Fred's toys to move around, keeping him toddling from corner to corner between everyone's legs. James shifts around, attempting to be an odd mixture of sulky teenager and sociable family member. Rose chats animatedly with Aunt Hermoine about her classes and what they're learning. Teddy, present but not really a relative, and I hang back in the kitchen. Might as well- neither of us really feel like being sociable, plus it's where all the food is, so why not?

We spend the night, everyone crammed to fit into the Burrow. Teddy, Hugo, and I end up on cots in the living room, whilst James gets the couch.

"So what's got you in a foul mood this holiday?" I whisper when snores are coming from both my brother and my cousin.

Teddy sighs. "I 'unno. Guess just seeing all these people together, a huge family. An actual family. There's so many of you." The last line is added with a small smile.

"But they're your family, too. You're part of it. Blood doesn't make a family. I mean, have you ever seen the Blacks' family tree? Half of them are burned off!"

He chuckles and nods. “Yeah, okay, you have a point.” Then he turns on his side so he’s looking at me. “What about you?”

I just shrug from where I’m lying.

“Missing a secret lover from Hogwarts?” he smiled, wiggling his eyebrows. Of course, everyone in the family knows my sexuality, it is pretty open, and no one makes a big deal about it- everyone was really accepting. Of course, James sometimes makes jokes, and Mum and Grandma sometimes tease me a little, but they only do it to make me laugh and roll my eyes. James is usually hurtful but he’s my brother and always apologizes.

“A Hogwarts student? Loving a Squib?” I snort and shake my head. “You’re insane.”

Suddenly, there’s a quiet tapping at the window, and we both sit up to see a large eagle owl perched on the windowsill outside. Silently, I rise to my feet and pad over to open the window. The owl gives me the letter tied to its leg- “Albus Potter, The Burrow” written on the envelope- and stays alert where it stands.

“It’s gonna wait for you to reply,” Teddy whispers. “Who’s it from?”

“I don’t know yet,” I whisper back, opening the letter.

‘Dear Al,
I hope your Christmas is going well. It’s pretty quiet over here- some of Mum’s relatives are over but there aren’t too many of them, and Dad doesn’t really keep in touch with his side of the family, apparently. Just wondering how your Christmas is going. Can’t wait to see you back at Hogwarts- you ARE coming back, right?
Happy Christmas,
Scorpius
P.s.- could you send Bubo (he’s my owl) back before it gets too light? They don’t know I’ve sent him.’

“Well?” Teddy grins.

“It’s from my friend, Scorpius.”

He frowns a little. “Isn’t that the name of the Malfoy boy?”

“Exactly the one,” I beam, scrambling for some parchment and ink to write him back. “He’s in Gryffindor.”

Teddy gives me a knowing smirk, and I shake my head, glad that the dark hides my blush.

“Don’t even-”

“Do you like him?”

“And you did,” I mutter under my breath, shrugging and saying a little louder, “I dunno... maybe. But... I don’t know.”

He just smiles and nods before returning to his cot, leaving me to write out a reply and send it back with the eagle owl- Bubo? I wonder if that’s because of the scientific name for eagle owls. Makes sense.

‘Hey, Scor
My Christmas is going well. I’m sleeping in the living room because there’s so many of us here. I’d list them all, but obviously I don’t have enough parchment to do so. Yes, I’m coming back to Hogwarts with my dad. Can’t wait to see you.
-Al’

I’m not really sure what to write after that, so I attach it to Bubo’s leg and the eagle owl flies off into the night. I silently close the window and lay back down on my cot, and after a while, I drift off to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
it was suggested that I start adding POV at the top of the chapters- what do you guys think?
also i think this is the longest chapter so far

xo