Status: so hi guys

But, Dad...

I Can't Think Of A Good Title But This Is Starting To Sound Like It's A Fall Out Boy Song

SCORPIUS’S p.o.v.

I look over my schedule for my first week as a sixth year. Albus peers over my shoulder, and I can tell when he smiles at DADA being my last class almost every day- I’ll be able to just stay and hang out. After two years of being reunited, we’ve been inseparable, joined at the hip. We’ve spent the past two summers going between our homes, almost never being without the other; with, of course, the exceptions of my parents having dinner with important people or Al’s family gatherings.

Those were the worst times- being separated from my other half.

Other half. It feels like it, but it... isn’t, to be honest. Unfortunately.

“Potter! Malfoy!” Headmistress McGonagall snaps, making both of us jump and turn towards her, trembling with fear of being yelled at for something we didn’t do. Her stern look melts into an almost-smile as she nods to us and carries on walking. “Looking forward to another year.”

We laugh with relief and Al rested his chin on top of my head. “Shall we head to dinner?”

“You’re only doing this to flaunt how much taller than me you are,” I pout, yet not moving away from him.

Laughing a little more, he shakes his head and starts walking. “C’mon, Shortie. I’m hungry.”

I almost sigh at the loss of body heat, trailing after him.

In the Great Hall at the Gryffindor table, doused in red and gold, a place near James and Rose is empty, where the two of us sit, shoving around in the small bench space.

“So how was your summer?” I ask Rose, who laughs and rolls her eyes.

“Well, it was pretty good. Pretty quiet. A few family gathers were probably the biggest things that I’ve done all summer- but then again, I had to listen to him-” she reached across the table and poked Al’s cheek- “bemoaning not getting to hang with you.”

What looked almost like a blush- was it?- crept up his neck. “Ah, shut up, Rose,” he murmured with a soft smile. “You had your nose stuck in a thousand new books, anyway.”

“Ew, is someone talking about reading?” James interjected, his nose wrinkling. “I’m allergic, I think I have to move now.”

“Shut it, James!” the Weasley giggled, rolling her eyes. “The Sorting is about to begin!”

“Hope we get some potential- we haven’t won House Cup for a year, can’t let Ravenclaw win again,” Leo murmured, staring hard at the kids grouped in the center of the Hall.

~time lapse~

After DADA, Al and I lounge around in his dad’s office, screwing around and occasionally doing homework. Seeing as he’s a Squib, he can’t really learn magic, but he can still learn what spells did and things like that- Mr. Potter teaches him privately.

“I hate Potions,” I grumble, roughly flipping through the pages of the stupid book. “Honestly-”

Al propped his chin on my shoulder and looked down at the book in front of me. “Potions is my favourite.”

“I don’t see how,” I muttered darkly.

“I can actually do it.”

I turned my head slightly, so my nose bumped his cheek. “Help me?”

He flushed and nodded. “What’re you doing?”

“Umm... I’m not really sure. I don’t really pay attention.”

He jerked away suddenly, throwing both arms up in a ‘I give up!’ gesture, and stalked out of the room.

“Oops...?” I questioned the silent room.
♠ ♠ ♠
aaaaaaaaaaaaaand back to short chapters. oops. oh well.