Status: Coming in March

Curiosity

Chapter 2

Anya opened her eyes after what felt like only moments of being asleep, she was surprised to find that she wasn’t in a bed instead she was sitting in a rather uncomfortable hospital chair. Blinking a few times to get her eyes to focus she noticed that she wasn’t the only one in the room there were three others. There was a beeping sound, a constant repetitive beeping sound, but along with the beeping there was another sound, crying. Her name was being uttered which confused her, she was right here, sitting in one of the most uncomfortable chairs known to mankind.

“Mister Greyson, she is steady but the coma could last several weeks maybe months.” Anyas’ features twisted with confusion, what were they on about, who was in a coma?

“Where is the boy who brought her in?” Uncle Jasper? His voice caught her by surprise; it was hoarse, like he had been crying for a while. “Where is the boy who brought Anya here?” Slowly Anya got to her feet and walked over to where the three stood.

“I’m right here,” Anya spoke peering over the man in a white coat looking at her uncle, there was no answer, no recognition of her standing there instead the doctor spoke again in a rather grave tone.

“He’s out in the hallway…”

“Bring him in,” the doctor nodded gently before turning and walking out of the room his shoes tapping on the marble floor, his coat swinging around his legs as he moved. A young nurse followed behind him quickly dressed in a dark blue outfit, she had remained silent the whole time Anya had been awake.

Turning she returned her attention back to her uncle who was seated in a chair next to a hospital bed. She had never seen her Uncle like this, so broken, his faced was stained with tears his brown hair messy, almost as if he had been raking his fingers through it incessantly.

“Uncle Jasper, I’m right here,” she tried again her tone was soft, when there was once again no recognition she began to panic fear gripping her tightly. She looked down tears welled in her eyes she was confused as to what was happening, why couldn’t he hear her, she was kneeling right in front of him.

“I’m so sorry Anya,” lifting her head quickly she was about to speak when she noticed her uncle had turned his head away and was looking at the hospital bed. Arching one of her brows she followed his line of sight.
A scream broke from her lips with what she saw.

Lying lifelessly in the hospital bed was a mirrored image of herself a tube coming out her mouth and wires hooking her up to the heart monitor. Reaching out one of her hands she went to grab her own hand but instead it merged through, the tears that had welled up in her eyes fell freely and sobs broke from her lips.

This wasn’t happening, it was all just a bad dream, at any moment she was going to wake up warm and safe in her bed with her Uncle leaning over her gently nudging her awake with a steaming mug of hot chocolate.

Through her tears Anya looked at herself and really took herself in. Her skin was pale, lifeless, lips lightly tinged blue but that was decreasing. Her hair was a damp mess around the pillow; her eyes closed so her dark lashes touched her high cheekbones.
It was horrifying to see yourself from an out of body perspective. Looking down she saw her Uncle had hold of her left hand, his tanned skin contrasting with her pale complexion.

“Here he is,” the doctor spoke the dark haired girl pulled her eyes away from herself and turned looking at the doctor and the two males who followed in after.

The first one she noticed was a male who looked to be in his late teens early twenties, straight feathery brown hair, electrifying blue eyes and perfect features waltzed in a solemn look on his face. Anya noticed he was dressed casually, a pair of dark blue jeans, and a maroon hoodie. Following close behind him was another male, a few good inches taller, lanky frame a mop of wild chocolate curls and mesmerizing green eyes.

Those eyes.

Anya was struck with a familiar feeling when she saw his eyes, that colour she had seen before.
Then it hit her, he was the one who pulled her out of the lake, the one who went out of his way to save her yet he didn’t look as if he was strong enough to pull her heavily clothed body out of the body of water that swallowed her.

“Hi,” his voice was profoundly deep for a male his age Anya observed. The dark haired girl noticed how his hands were buried into the pockets of his bulky jacket and he stood rather awkwardly.

“Hello, are you Harry?” Jaspers’ voice pulled her away from the teenager she had been drinking in. Flicking her gaze over to her Uncle she saw that he had risen to his feet and was slowly stepping toward the awkward Harry.

“Yes,” he was a man of few words Anya noticed.

“Can you tell me what happened?” Anya noticed that her Uncle seemed to be pleading with the teenager, desperate to find out why his only niece had ended underneath a sheet of ice.

“I don’t know, all I saw was her skating on the lake and suddenly she was gone. To be honest at first I thought she had simply fallen down but when she didn’t come up I thought it would be best to check it out. That’s when I saw that the sheet had broke away underneath her feet…”

“And she fell in,” the other male finished his voice higher Jasper nodded his head grimly his head turning back to Anya who lay connected to the machines. “We’re sorry.”

“Yeah, Louis right, we are terribly sorry.”

“No, no, don’t be sorry,” Jasper spluttered “God, if you hadn’t got her out when you did she wouldn’t be here.”

“But I am here,” the spirit whispered quietly reaching out one of her hands touching her uncles shoulder tearing up when her hand slipped through as if he wasn’t there.

“How long will she be like this?” Harry asked his tone neutral.

“It could be weeks, months even… I really hope she wakes up soon. I can’t lose her too.”

“She’ll wake soon,” Anya watched as Louis reached out and patted her uncle on the shoulder gently. “Stay positive mate.”
Jasper nodded slowly, “Yeah, I know. She’s strong, she’ll pull through, I know she will.” There was silence for a few moments before Jasper spoke again his voice low. “Well thank you boys, but you should be getting home, it’s getting late.”

“We’ll be back,” the curly haired male spoke up locking eyes with Jasper before they drifted over to the sleeping girl.

“No, you don’t have too, you don’t know her.”

“It doesn’t matter, we’ll be back.” He stated finally before turning and walking out of the room Louis following behind closely. Jasper sighed running his hand over his face before sinking down in the chair beside Anya’s hospital bed.

“Don’t you dare leave me Anya,” he begged the still body before grabbing her hand and pressing a kiss to the back of it.

“I’m not going anywhere.” Anya stated firmly and she wasn’t going to go anywhere, she would return to her body.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well this is the second chapter, I am pleased with it, this is now my Nano story, seeing as they are doing it in April. Anyways thank you to all my wonderful readers, reviewers and subscribers you're all amazing
Special shout out to
skinny love. for the review. Hope this chapter kept you interested. :D

please drop a comment and tell me what you think :D

Image