Heart to Paper, Paper to Heart

Club Foot

It has been a week I’m in University of Birmingham. I still felt so grateful and felt incredible, and anything that I could be here. I can’t believe that I’m here. I have been wanted to take my Master degree here. Now, I’m here.

“Hey Alina!,” Gemma, my room-mate, chanted from the first floor whilst I was doing my assignment in my dorm veranda, in second floor. “We are going to shop in Selfridges now! Come with us!”

I tried to understand what’s the meaning of “us” in Gemma’s sentence. Suddenly, a girl came to her. Oh, that was Emma-Lee. She was the prettiest girl I’ve ever seen. With her blonde hair, blue eyes.. Well, she’s a model of Jack Wills.

Well, probably a beautiful-geek like Gemma has been persuaded by Emma-Lee to go to Selfridges.

“I can’t! I have to do my assignment!,” I chanted to them.

Emma-Lee rolled her eyes. “Don’t act like you a geek! Come with us!” Easy for Emma to say that, isn’t she? She’s not a geek, she’s a model but got stuck one year in University of Birmingham.
“Anyway, it’s your second week here, right?” Gemma continued.

I sighed. I looked at them. They shooted me with their puppy eyes. Hah.. Okie dokie.

“Count me in!” I chanted. Emma-Lee and Gemma smiled, fluttered. “Hold on!”

“See you in the lobby, Aliiiiii!!!” Emma-Lee said in her pretend-soft-annoying-voice.

I turned off my laptop. I went back to my room. I quickly dressed in my peterpan collared dress that I bought last week in Asos.com. I picked my mobile, comb, wallet, and candy pocket, crammed them in my satchel bag. I went out from the room, bolted to the first floor, caught Emma-Lee and Gemma has been waiting for me. They have dressed beautifully. Emma-Lee looked so stunning in her dress, made her long-leg gave the boys munchies.

“Oh my god, you wore that dress!,” Gemma flabbergasted. She was the only one who knew that I have bought the dress in Asos.com. “It looks so fit on you!”

“Thanks,” I said sheepishly.

Emma-Lee just there, simpered, not gave me any compliments. I knew she felt that she was the most beautiful girl in here. I know.

Suddenly, a tiny girl with brown came. She looked liked a tiny doll with big-shiny eyes. “Hi lads!,” she said. Her big-shiny blue eyes glimmered her childish energy. That was Tanya.

“Tanya! Are you coming with us?”

“Of course,” finally... Probably I went totally dead with Emma-Lee stood next to me. But since I knew Gemma and Tanya was coming to the Selfridges, I felt more comfortable. “Why don’t we go now?”

“Come on, come on,” Emma-Lee said.

***

Of course, Emma-Lee was the one that persuaded two beautiful British geeks, Tanya and Gemma to shop in Selfridges. Emma-Lee was like bought almost anything that she saw there. She kept chanted, “Oh my god, it’s sale! Oh my goshhhh!!! It’s... Sale!” over and over whilst Tanya, Gemma, and I still walked around to find what we are going to buy. In the end, Tanya just bought a Midi skirt and a vintage dress; Gemma bought a legging, pants, four shirts, I just bought a shirt; and of course, Emma-Lee, she bought total twenty items. Anyway, it’s Emma-Lee. She’s a model, she’s a fashion trend-setter in university, and she’s a RICH girl. She’s a gossip girl.

Not just bought almost anything in Selfridges, like almost anyone there knew her. Anyone called her, but Emma-Lee just simpered, strode, and whispered, “Umm, Gems, do you know her?”, “Ta-ta, is she the girl on you class?”, “Wait, Ali, is she the one that crushing on our lecturer?”. She calls us with really short nicknames. Gemma has told me like many times if Emma-Lee calls someone with short nicknames, it means that she feels that person was special in her life, but..The hell with it.

After spend three hours in Selfridges, we went to Starbucks to have Coffee-Talk. This is my favorite part, of course. Having a Starbucks Hazelnut Signature Chocolate with whipped cream on it, talked to my friends.. Ah, life.

While talking to my friends, I darted my eyes to the glass showcase. Ogled over Saussage Croissants that dare me to eat them. “Umm guys,” still stare hungry on Saussage Croissants. “I’ll be right back.”

“Where are you going?,” Tanya asked.

“Just want to ordered something...” I answered.

Tanya nodded. I bolted to the cashier. There were two long line. Fortu-nately, it was not so long. “What can I help you, miss?,” the cashier said.

“Two Saussage Croissants, please,” I heard that someone like parrotting me, all at once. Two cashier-men looked so flabbergasted.

I turned to the guy next to me. He smiled at me.

“What a coincidence!,” the cashier dude that served me said. “These people ordered same menus, dude!” he said to the cashier-dude whom served the guy who stood next to me.

“You both have to wait your orders,” one of the cashier-dude says. “What’s your name, Miss?”

“Ali,”

“And you, Mister?”

“Cheeky,” the guy who next to me said. I stealthily looked at him. There was something familiar about him...