Status: Hopefully you like it :D And Messages are AWESOME! Finished

The Vampire Diaries season one

Blood Brothers

Alex's Point of View- 1864, Mystic Falls
I was being taken to where the other vampires were. To where Katherine was. I was bound and put into the carriage with the rest of the vampires. I was going to burn like the rest of them unless I did something. Then I heard Stefan's voice. "Quick over here!"

Giuseppe turned and his eyes widened before he tied the rope binding my hands to a post before running off in the direction Stefan had indicated, along with everyone else. I heard a noise and saw Damon running for the carriage, I gasped.

"Alex! Oh my God!" Damon breathed as he came up to me. He put his hands on either side of my face and rested his forehead against mine.

"Damon. " I whispered fearfully. I was no longer just fearful for myself and Katherine. No I was also fearful for our boys.

"Don't worry." He whispered back as he stared into my eyes. I didn't care for myself. I cared for them. "You're going to be fine."

Just then Stefan showed up and Damon let go of me to save Katherine. I made a small scream in protest and he spun back towards me and hugged me tightly then he let go. He turned back to the carriage door and him and Stefan pulled Katherine out. I was about to help but soon realized my hands were still tied. Damon stood up to help me and I heard a gunshot being fired. I smelt blood. Damon locked eyes with me and I saw pain in them. I looked at his chest where blood was coming out. I also smelt Stefan's blood. Damon fell near Stefan. i knew then they would become like me. But tears still ran down my face. I looked to see who had fired. And my eyes widened in rage. The shot had been fired by Giuseppe Salvatore… Their own father.

Present
I woke up with a start. I hated that memory. I looked down and realized I was still in my clothes from last night. And I also looked at the clock it was noon… "Oh shit" I thought. Jeremy is supposed to be here in an hour. I raced up to the bedroom and just put some cloth's on. I put on a Rolling Stones shirt and dark wash skinny jeans. When I got downstairs I saw Damon.

"Hey D. Where's Elena?" I asked, noticing she was no longer here. "I sent her home." He replied. "Ok… Why?" I was curious. "Cause, she needs to be out of this house."

I nodded. I understood what he meant.

"Hey D, I gotta go do something; I'll be back in like ten minutes." I told him. "I have to go out. So I'll see yah later." He was absent minded when he said this. "Yeah see yah later." I said slightly sad.

Jeremy's Point of View-
I had to meet Alex at the boarding house soon. I just finished getting dressed and walked downstairs. I looked at the clock. I had to be there in twenty minutes.

"Hey Jeremy, where are you headed?" Aunt Jenna asked me. "I'm just going to see Alex." I told her. "I promised to help her with something." Jenna nodded. "Ok, tell her I said hi." She told me. "I will."

I was walking out the front door just as Elena was coming in.

"Hey Elena." I greeted. "Hey Jer." She said a bit absently. She was obviously distracted. I decided not to question her about it. I was kinda in a hurry. So I just left.

Alex's Point of View-
I had borrowed Ty's truck. I was actually kinda surprised he let me use it. I had to make sure I had plenty of boxes. Thankfully I did. Jer finally got here and I led him into Damon's room.

"Thanks again for doing this Jer." I told him. "You're welcome," He replied. "oh and Jenna says hi." I laughed "Ok."

We started to pack all my stuff into boxes. Luckily I didn't have that much stuff. I turned on some music an after an hour Jeremy asked me something.

"Hey Alex, can I ask you something?" I nodded as I continued to pack. "Sure Jer, what's up?" He breathed. "Why are you moving out?"

I froze slightly. I stopped packing and turned to face him.

"I feel like the boarding house is no longer my home." Sad feelings washed over me. "Why?" God humans were pushy. "Cause I just to do, Jeremy. Now drop it." I said rather harshly. Then realized my mistake.

"Look Jer, i'm sorry." Being sorry was new for me. "I didn't mean to get snappy with you… It's just I'd rather not talk about it." I admitted. "Ok." Thank god he listened. "Now can I ask you another question?" He asked. "Sure." I said. "Is that Tyler Lockwood's truck outside?" I couldn't help but laugh. "Yep." I replied. "I asked him if I could barrow it. And he said ok." Ok asked may have been a lucrative term- seduced was more like it. "Seriously?" He asked, just staring at me for a second. "I'm serious."

He started to laugh. Another hour and we finished packing and putting the stuff into the truck. I gave one final look at the boarding house. And I got into the car with Jer and left.

Damon's Point of View-
When I got home I walked slowly down the stairs, the bottle of rabbit blood in my hand.

"We brought you something to eat. 100% Stefan diet approved."

Stefan didn't move an inch.

"You know what will happen if you don't eat. You get all rotting and crusty." I told him. "I'm not hungry." Stefan finally spoke. I raised an eyebrow at his words.

"Of course you are." I told him. "We're eternally hungry. Take it."

I pushed it through the bars and rested it on the edge. He stayed in the same position.

"Stefan the human blood should be gone by now. Or do you wanna explain why you're still in here feeling sorry for yourself?"

He didn't move.

"Come on! Drink up!" I pushed the bottle onto the floor where it landed with a thud. Stefan looked up slightly with dark eyes. After a second he looked back at the ground. Still in the same position as before.

"Fine, whatever. Starve. Like I care."

I left. As I walked into the parlor when my phone began ringing.

"Hello?" I answered. "Hey, it's Alaric Saltzman." How the hell? "Before I hang up, how did you get this number?" I wanted to know. "Ah, how I got yours and Alex's numbers is a mystery."

He replied cryptically. I groaned as I heard he had got Alex's. She was not going to be happy. Speaking of Alex, I wonder where she is.

"Listen I've been doing some digging on Elena's uncle. You guys interested?" He asked. "What kind of digging?" Alex and I did love our information. "I've got an old friend from Duke who studied criminology when we were there together." He told me. "Let's just say he's become a very proficient digger."

"Nice" I thought. Ric had friends in high places.

"Did he find anything?" I asked. "Well I had him run a track on John's cell records." He explained. "He's getting a call from a number the same as the one Elena called to get Isobel, then the number was discontented." We knew that. "Isobel knows John, whatever we knew that." I dead panned. "Right well after that he started getting calls from a new number and I had my friend run a G.O. Track. I got the address; it's an apartment in Grove Hill." Now it was interesting. "Isobel's in Grove Hill?" I asked skeptically. "I don't know." A shrug. "I thought you, Alex, and I could go take a look, see what we find." And he was right. "Perfect, give us the address." I told him. "What, so you two can go without me?" He asked. "No, I don't think so." I rolled my eyes. "We're not going with you. You tried to kill me." "Yeah well you did kill me."

I laughed.

Stefan's Point of View- 1864, Mystic Falls
"She's gone, I want it over." Damon said sorrowfully. I sighed. No longer sure what I wanted. I turned my head to look at Alex where she was sitting on a rock alone. She hadn't said a word since Damon found her last night. We had both tried to make her talk but she just stared at the water, unmoving. She looked horrid. When we found her she had blood stained cloths. The blood was human. We didn't question why or how. All we knew it was probably something to do with the humans who tried to lock her up.

"What about Alex?" I finally asked him. Breaking the silence. He looked back at her and his whole face changed to one of absolute sorrow.

"Whatever happened to her, I want to make her better."

Damon's Point of View-
I called Alex and told her to here to meet me & Ric. She showed up a few minutes later. She slid into Alaric's car. As she got into the passenger seat I got into the back. She had her I-Pod and she listed to it the whole trip. Not saying a word.

"This is the one." Alaric said as we walked up the driveway to a complex about 3 stories high. Alex had turned off her I-Pod.

"This parts tricky; we may or may not be able to get in." I sighed. "Yeah, it sucks to be repelled by an invisible barrier." Alex added with a sigh as I knocked.

"How does that work?" He asked curiously. "Do you always have to be invited in?"

"By the owner or person of entitlement-" "Short term rentals and hotels are-" "A bit of a grey area-" "You kinda gotta play it by ear." He scoffed at our words and it was silent before he spoke.

"Can we not kill anyone tonight, please?"

"You just brought us along for our company?" She asked. Ric knew he wasn't gonna get a straight answer from Alex and looked at me.

"No promises." I told him. "Cause if someone pisses Alex off. Well it's there funeral." I shrugged. Alex went in and I followed. We walked to a mini fridge and opened it to find several blood bags.

"We have company." I called to Ric and a vampire who looked vaguely familiar attacked. Ric got in a hit and he was on the ground in a second.

Alex's Point of View-
"Boys, boys, that's enough. Violence is never the answer." Then I turned to the vampire. "Hey I know you."

The vampire was a young one about 19 who was in the tomb. He was kinda cute. Nowhere even close to Damon or Tyler, but he was okay.

"Damon? Miss Alex?" The young vampire asked. "Your name's Henry." Damon stated and he nodded. "You were in the tomb." I mumbled. "Yes ma'am." Always so polite. "What are you doing here?"

Damon's Point of View-
"Let's not kill anyone tonight." I said mockingly as Ric staked Henry after he tried to attack us. He glared at me. "Your words, just pointing that out."

"Nice." Alex clapped him on the back as I turned and walked into the kitchen with her. Ric went to look around the house for stuff on Isobel while I took some of the blood.

"Find anything yet?" I asked. Alaric shook his head. "No, the place is clean." He was annoyed. "That sucks." Alex and I told him. "All this work for nothing." I sighed.

"Well I found this behind the blood in the fridge." Alex said as he threw a beer to Ric.

"Oh man this was a real dead end." He blurted, clearly disappointed.

"I wouldn't beat yourself up over it man." Alex told him. "Yeah, i'm sure we'll get heaps of leads in the future." Yeah right. "One of them has to be something right?" Alex questioned. "What did you think you were going to find?" I asked. "Isobel with a cigar and slippers?" Alaric shook his head. "I gotta stop this. I can't keep searching for her." We looked at him. "Really?" We questioned. "After only two years?" "That's really moderately healthy." Alex said with a nod. "What are you two going on?" He questioned. "One hundred and forty-six?" Alex gave a shrug. "We figure two hundred more is probably a good stopping point."

Alex shook her head and rolled her eyes as she sat cross-legged on the coffee table, in between Ric on the couch and me on a chair beside me.

"No answers enough. I keep thinking I wanna know why." He admitted. "When. You know, the precise moment when my wife decided life with me wasn't enough." Then I spoke. "She charmed me." I explained. "Your wife Isobel. She took to the game; she had this excitement in her eyes." He looked at me then to Alex. "Probably should have known there was something different about her. A tie to Katherine. There had to be some reason I didn't kill her."

"I didn't really like her." Alex stated. "But there was something about her. That made me be sorta friends with her."

Alaric gave Alex a disbelieving look.

"What? She was a bit-" "That's enough Damon, Alex." Alaric said cutting her off. "I don't wanna hear anymore. I just don't wanna waste any more of my life searching for answers I really don't want. I'm through with Isobel; i'm done with all of this."

He just got up and left then. We sighed but followed anyway.

Alex's Point of View-
We walked inside, I was ecstatic to be home. We walked into the lounge and saw Elena writing in her diary on the couch.

"Ugh." We groaned as he tugged me along and sat me between him and her.

"You're still here." Damon said. "Were you expecting anything else?" She snapped slightly.

"Nope." We replied. "So, how was the errand?" She asked us. "Futile." We sighed. "Although I think we witnessed a teacher have a crisis."

Then asking lightly. "Stefan had anything to eat yet?" She looked at us. "I thought you didn't care… I think he's getting there, but he has a lot of guilt he needs to deal with." I froze at her words, my face arranging into a frown. What did she know?

"It doesn't help that you two spent the last 145 years, punishing him for Katherine getting caught." She said. I stood up and I walked over to the fire place and stared into the flames. For some reason I thought of my death.

London, England 1531
I was sick when I went into labor. There was no time to call for a doctor. So it was only Warren, Katherine, and I in the house. I went into early labor. I was a month early. It was very dangerous. I was screaming in pain, and I was losing a lot of blood. Warren had tears in his eyes. He couldn't do anything for me. Nothing for the pain. And I knew then I was going to die. I was going to become like Katherine. I screamed in pain again.

"Is there nothing we can do for the pain?!"

Warren asked Katherine. She shook her head sadly. She knew I was going to become like her. I continued to scream in pain. The baby was coming. And Katherine knew that. I was never going to see my child grow up. I gave one final push and the baby was out and into the hands of its father. Warren walked over to me.

"It's a girl." He whispered softly. I started crying. Then I croaked out. "Nettie Jane. That's her name."

He smiled. Jane was his mother's name. Then I spit up blood. I started to shake slightly. I knew my heart was slowing. I was in pain. Katherine went over to me & took my hand. She whispered to me something I didn't catch. Tears glistened in my eyes. And I croaked out my final words.

"You tell that child, that I'm sorry and I love her. And she'll be a fine witch one day."

And with my final last words my heart stopped.

Present
"What this is our fault now?" Damon asked. "No, it's nobody's fault Damon. I'm just saying neither of you are exactly innocent." She pointed out.

I literally had no control over my face as my lip curled back in a hiss.

"You've made it your life's mission to make him miserable." She droned on. "We have a reason." I said strongly. Damon stood up and stood beside me. I turned back to face her.

"Let me ask you a question." Damon said. "In all this important soul searching, cleansing of the demons of Stefan's past. Did you ever manage to get the rest of the story?" She shook her head. "He said there was more. Like what happened to Alex when she got captured."

I froze. And so did Damon.

"Guys, what happened?" Realizing that something bad went down. "I'm not gonna say anything. If she wants to fine." Damon said with a nod. "Fine you wanna know what I did to those bastards?" I said roughly.

Mystic Falls, 1864
I cried over their bodies. And I couldn't do anything. I was still weak. But I was gaining my strength back. I was grabbed from behind by Giuseppe.

"What are we going to do with her? She saw everything." Mr. Fell said harshly. As I was being dragged farther and farther into the woods.

"We're going to stake her." Giuseppe said.

There was a chorus of agreements. My eyes widened. Then I snarled darkly. They didn't know I had just tasted blood. I was pinned up to a tree. When they were about to stake me I stopped them. Their eyes widened.

"How?!" Mr. Fell screamed. "She is supposed to have vervain in her system!"

I chuckled darkly. And I began to move quickly. Breaking Giuseppe's hand, I heard the sickening crack. I laughed and I tossed him away like a rag doll. I was going to save him for last. I went to Mr. Fell first. I gripped him by the throat tightly. Slamming him into the ground. He tried to run for his staked that he had dropped. But I was of course quicker. I grabbed it before him and smiled a dark smile. I staked him near the heart. I smelt the vervain but that didn't deter me. I bit into his neck harshly. I was careful not to get any in my mouth. Then I whispered in his ear.

"I never did like you."

Breaking his neck I tossed him away and went to the other three members with him. I still careful not to get blood into my mouth. I ended up getting a lot of blood on my dress. It looked like a mini massacre just took place here. And a mini massacre did. When I turned back to find Giuseppe but he was gone. After I lit the bodies on fire I started to walk. But my knees gave way and I started to cry. I didn't know why. But I was just so angry and I needed to. I vowed something then and there. If Damon and Stefan did not live… I was going to kill everyone in this town. Then a real massacre would have happened.

Present
Elena's eyes were wide with fear. Sometime during my story she had moved away from me. She couldn't say anything.

"Now you know." And I walked away.

Damon's Point of View- Mystic Falls, 1864
We heard the sounds of somebody approaching, and turned to see Stefan leading a girl about his age towards us.

"What are you doing? Who is that?" I fired off. "I brought her for you two." He answered and I was taken back. What did he mean?

"She's a gift." He told me. "Have a seat please." The strange girl sat in between Alex and I.

"What have you done Stefan?" I asked in despair.

"Damon, Alex. I've been to see father." He's what? "He came at me. I didn't know my own strength, there was blood everywhere, he was dying and the blood was too strong.
Alex and I didn't say anything. "I needed it. I had to have it."

"You fed." Alex and I said bluntly

"Yes." He smiled.

"And it's incredible." He swooned. "My body is exploding with power Damon. I can hear things from far away. I can see through the darkness. I can move like it's magic, and the guilt. The pain." He continued. "Damon I can turn it off like a switch. Alex now I know how you must feel. Being immortal is incredible."

Stefan got in our faces. I didn't like this person, whoever it was, at all. All I knew was that this was not our little brother. Alex just sat there motionless.

"Katherine, and Alex were right, there's a whole other world out there Damon." I blinked. "Katherine is dead Stefan. There's no world without her."

He started telling me how good it feels. I wonder if Alex felt this way. Stefan bit into either side of her neck and let the blood spill. I was entranced by the way it smelled. I needed some, it called to me. I looked away roughly, but Stefan grabbed my face in his hands, I tried to get out of his grasp, but he wouldn't let me.

"I won't let my brother die." He hissed. Then he put some of the girl's blood on his finger and stuck it in my mouth. It was the single most delicious thing I had ever had in my life. Without a second thought I put my mouth to her neck, with Alex on her other side and we both drank deeply.

Present
"From the moment Stefan had his first taste of human blood, he was a different person." I told her. Elena was shocked by the new information and looked at me with such sympathy that I'm surprised I didn't kill her.

"Don't give me that look." I sighed as I drank straight from the bottle of bourbon.

"What's done is done." Alex said. "No use wallowing in self-pity like Captain Brooding down there." She finished and lifted her glass. "Oh my God, he said he wanted to die. That's why he won't feed." And now it hits her. "Now I understand why." She said. "His choice. If he's stupid enough to make it. So be it." I tried not to care. "Don't do that you guys." Elena told us. "Okay, don't pretend like you don't care."

She left and I promptly collapsed on the couch.

Mystic Falls, 1864
"How do you feel?" Stefan asked me. I smiled and laughed.

"Wonderful."

Alex grinned at me.

"You were right. It is a whole new world." I told both Stefan and Alex. "We can all explore it together." He smiled. And Alex crossed her arms.

"You got what you wanted." Alex said. "You, me, and Alex, for all eternity." Our smiles dropped. "But hear this little brother." Alex warned. "We will make it an eternity of misery." "For you."

Alex grabbed my hand and we left. She was right about one thing. You can never truly turn your emotions off.

Alex's Point of View- Present
I had left the house. I only left a note. And that note was on Damon's bed. I didn't leave my address… Cause I didn't want them to know where I lived yet. They would figure it out. Damon knew I wouldn't leave town. I'm glad to have my other brother back. I'm glad he didn't pull an Angel and burn. I would need to thank Elena. And I learned something tonight. No matter how much Damon and I torment Stefan, he's still gonna be are little brother forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
Disclamor: I sadly do not own TVD, i just own Alex.

R&R and fav my luvly readers. Please! This chapter is kinda sad, i know.

Outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/alex_siren-blood_brothers/set?id=27948973