Status: The sequel to season one, hope you love it!

The Vampire Diaries season two

The Dinner Party

Alex's POV-
"The old Fell property starts just beyond the fence." I rolled my eyes. "The Fell's are all little shits." I said to Elijah, remembering how awful those Fells' were. "Ah the Fells, one of the Founding Families." He said with an air quote tone. "Why do you say it like that?" Jenna asked as we walked around the open area. I could hear the spirits whispering around me. Urging me to- "My research showed me that this area was actually settled almost two full centuries earlier." He then looked to me. "Alex, I believe you know who settled here." Jenna looked to me. "It was a migration from the northeast, Salem." I told her without a care, Elijah looked at me with dark eyes, he knew something was up. "Massachusetts? As in the witch trials?" Jenna asked us. "Exactly." I said. "Which means the ever lauded founding families, they didn't actually found anything." They just re-founded. Jenna couldn't help but give a giggle. "Well, I bet it was the men who made a big deal about being founders back in 1860s." She said. "Men are very territorial." I added. "Yes," Elijah said looking at me. "they are."

Then Alaric suddenly joined us. "Elijah this is my friend," I laughed lowly a bit. Friend- bitch slap to the face. "Alaric Saltzman." Alaric nodded and kissed Jenna. "Yeah, I got your message about you and Alex walking Elijah here though the old property lines." He eyed Elijah, smart. He didn't trust him. "I thought I would tag along, you know being a history buff and all." This was half-true right now. "Where to next?" He asked us. "I'm pretty curious about the freed slave property owners." Elijah said looking to Jenna and me. "Some say the descendants of the slaves are the true keepers of American history." Jenna nodded. "Well I only brought the surveys. I got the list in the car, just give me a sec." Jenna said then went to the car leaving Elijah, Alaric, and I.

The mood shifted immediately. "Alaric Saltzman." Elijah said with a tedious smile. "So you're one of those people on Elena's list of loves ones to protect." He said. "So is Jenna." Ric said to him. Elijah looked at him. "You don't have to be jealous. I don't usually pursue younger women." I gave an almost cruel smile and Ric gave him a look. "It's a joke Ric, lighten up." He said. "Right." Alaric rolled his eyes. "And besides, I in love with someone else." I knew he was looking at me, but I brushed it off and started walking.

Stefan's POV- Mystic Falls, 1864
I was drunk off blood and alcohol, but mostly blood. Two women were dancing ludely. "Who wants to die next?" I asked as I finished draining a woman. "Me, i'm next." "Me, you promised me." The other woman whined. I looked to the woman who was playing the piano. "What about?" I asked her, she didn't answer. "You know if you don't pick up the tempo you're going to lose your head." The woman picked it up. I gave a grin and rushed over to another woman and began to drink.

"Company, brother?" Damon asked as I let the woman fall to the floor. I turned around. "I brought enough to share." I said looking between Alex and Damon. "And I got some men for you Alex." She narrowed her eyes. "Have you gone mad? You bring them here, when the whole town is hunting us?" I shook my head at Alex. "Alex, Damon, if you're worried about the founding families, please don't be. They're about to be all dead."

Damon and Alex then rushed over to the people in house and compelled them to forget everything. When they were gone I complained to them. "Damon, Alex, don't be like this. I was just having some fun." They stared at me. "I love fun." Alex said to me. "But staying alive is more fun Stefan." "We have to be more careful than this, more clever. Like Alex and Katherine." Alex shifted at the reminder of Katherine. "Look where that got Katherine."

"We're done here." Damon said speaking for him and Alex. "Damon and I are leaving town." Alex told me as they began to walk around. "You hate me." I told them. "I know, an eternity of misery for me." They blinked. "I know, but you don't have to leave town guys. I'll do better, I promise." They shook their heads. "No, you'll get us killed." Alex told me. "I'd rather leave you to do that to yourself." Damon said, and then they left.

Damon's POV-
"Other than the lecture on the history of Mystic Falls, did you or Alex get anything out of Elijah?" I asked as Andie shifted closer to me. Alaric shook his head. "No, it was boring." He said. "Of course, Jenna thinks he's charming." Alaric said with a bitter tone. "You sound jealous. Doesn't he sound jealous?" I turned to Andie, she nodded. "Maybe we shouldn't talk about this here." Alaric said looking at Andie. I shook my head. "Andie, she's been compelled not to divulge my secrets. Haven't you?" "Uh-huh. My lips are sealed." Then I kissed her and Alaric just looked at us and shook his head. "This is too weird." He mumbled. "I just need the right opportunity." I said. "Hey speaking of weird things," Alaric said. "Alex has been acting really-" "Ah, there's Jenna and Alex, with her ex. Let's go say hi."

Alex's POV-
"Hey guys." Jenna greeted Alaric and Damon, and Andie. Annoying woman, would just love to rip out her vocal cords. "So I hear you three had quite a meeting of historical minds today." Damon looked between Jenna and me. "Yeah, I guess you could say that." Jenna replied.

"Well," Alaric said, clearly uncomfortable. "as much as i'd love to continue this. I've got papers to grade." He got up just as Andie decided to open her annoying mouth. "You know what? We should continue to this; let's have a dinner party." Oh lovely. Remember how the last two went? Ok the first one went well enough, but the second one not so much. "Ooh my girl." Damon said and kissed her cheek. "Full of good ideas." He looked around at us. "I'll be happy to host. Say tonight, maybe?" Andie, of course, was the first to speak. "It's good for me Jenna, Alex?" She asked. I rolled my eyes. "Whatever, I may or may not show up." "I don't know if tonight works…" Alaric went off. "I'm free." Jenna said with a smile, not knowing how these dinner parties usually end. "I'd be a pleasure." Elijah said politely. Damon gave a grin. "Great."

Damon's POV-
"What is it you want Damon?" Katherine asked as she finished her blood bag. "Guess whose back in town? Your old friend John Gilbert." Katherine looked at me, genuinely surprised to hear this… Or at least I think she was. "Really, why?" She asked me. "Says he loves his daughter, wants to protect her from Elijah and big bad Klaus." "Touching." She said with sarcasm and picked up a jacket from the bag of clothes I bought her. "He told me this old wives tale about how to kill and original." "And you want to know if it's true or not?" I shook my head. "I already know." I gave a grin. "Alex told me." She didn't say anything to that. That threw her off guard a bit. "I mean why not? You want Elijah and Klaus dead as much as I do." Katherine shook her head. "Klaus yes, Elijah no. He's compelled me to stay here. If he dies, i'm stuck forever." I blinked, liking the sound of that. "So Alex told you about the daggers, the surprises me a bit. She's so secretive, isn't she?" And that ruined my good mood a bit. "Of course you would know, you spent over 160 years with, but what's that compared to the time she spent with me?" I didn't say anything yet. "Tell me how has she been?" "She's been fine." I said a bit tightly. "Really?" She asked with a raised eyebrow. "Your voice and eyes say no. Oh what's a matter did you have a fight?" "No." I didn't like how she could just know about mine and Alex's relationship. "Was it Elena again? Because I wouldn't put it past-" "So this sucks for you, you're gonna be stuck here for all eternity once I kill Elijah." She got that look again. "Forget it Damon. Killing Elijah would be a suicide mission. You can't do it." "Can so." I argued. "Can't." She shook her head. "Even with the dagger and a little white oak ash?" Now she seemed surprised and a bit scared. "Yeah, Alex didn't leave that part out." She shook her head. "No Damon, if you kill Elijah then i'm stuck here forever." Oh I liked the sound of that. "You're really scared." It was a surprise to me. "Just get me out of here and then i'll help you and Alex. I'll… I'll help you kill Elijah or… Or protect Elena." Like I would trust her with Elena. "Whatever you want." She pleaded. "I get you out here and your ass is sipping Klaus-free margarita on some unknown somewhere." I stated. "No way." I shook my head. "That's not true. I'll stay." She told me. "Damon, please just don't do it."

"Well thank you, you've told me everything I, well most already knew." I said with realization. "I've told you nothing." She insisted. "You have." I said. "You have indeed confirmed it's possible to kill an original, which I will do tonight. And guess who's coming to dinner?"

Alex's POV-
"This is a bad idea." Alaric said a bit worried. "There's no such thing as a bad idea." Damon retorted. "Just poorly executed awesome ones." I said as I walked in, making my presence known. They both turned. "Alex." Damon said, something was new in his voice. "Hey Alex." Alaric greeted as I sat down and was handed some scotch. I propped my feet up. Once I got situated the conversation resumed. "I don't like the idea of Elijah being in the same house with Jenna." I rolled my eyes. Oh whatever. "Jenna's perfectly safe." Damon told him, but that didn't calm his fears. Stupid human emotions. "Besides it's just a fact-finding mission." Bull shit. "It's totally harmless." "Just a fact finding mission." Alaric said a bit skeptically. "Yeah." Damon said as I sipped scotch. "Listen, no sneak attacks. No surprised plans." It's like you don't know us at all. "Nothing that is gonna put Jenna in harm's way, okay?" Damon finished off his drink. "Scout's honor, Alex?" I rolled my eyes. "Alaric you don't have to worry about Elijah because his eyes will be on me, i'll make sure of that." Then I stretched causing my shirt to ride up a bit.

Damon's POV-
On the arrival of Andie stopped talking about everything. "Hey, Jenna needs help with the wine." Alaric nodded and got up while Alex stayed in her seat sipping scotch. Something was off about her. Then out of nowhere it hit me. She turned it off. I looked at her as she just sat there, sipping her scotch and looking at the fireplace. But why?

I shook my head. I'd have to deal with it later sadly. I then opened the wooden box and got the dagger and white oak ash. "What's that?" Andie pointed to them. "Dessert." I said without a beat and I dipped it ash. "Elijah's stronger than me, faster than me." I told her. "It's all about the element of surprise." I looked to Alex. "Can I count on you to be Elijah's distraction?" I asked her. "Whatever," She gave a wicked and uncaring smile. "long as I get some fun." Andie looked at Alex with a bit of distaste. "Ah, it's too bad. I like him." She pouted. "He's very old-school, classy." She said. "This is why you should encourage the gentlemen," Alex interrupted with a noise. "and Alex to take their after dinner drinks in here while you do coffee in the kitchen with Jenna." I then hid the dagger. "Hmm." Andie pursed her lips together. "That is a little too sexist for me." "Stop talking."

Alex's POV-
The bell rang and on cue Jenna opened it to reveal- John Gilbert. "Who invited him?" Jenna said obviously annoyed. "John! What a surprise…" "Leave." We told him bluntly. He just gave us that annoying smirk- hmm. Maybe someone else would die tonight. "When Jenna told me she was coming to a dinner party for Elijah," "Which you weren't invited to." I added. "I decided I couldn't miss out on all the fun and games." Alaric glared. "There are not going to be any games tonight, John." "Unless it's a game that involves your head." My cruel smirk was cold and John knew what I meant. He paled and gulped, and Damon hit me in the ribs and Alaric glared. "It's just a friendly dinner party." "What he said." Damon said.

Jeremy's POV-
"She's my best friend." Bonnie reasoned with me. "I tell her everything and this whole thing might freak her out." I nodded, trying my best to understand. "All right." I told. "We'll hang out, eat some food, work on spells." I said as we sat down in the candle lit room. "It's not a bit deal." Yes it was. "But you did… You did like it right?" And if things couldn't get more humiliating.

Bonnie just gave me a smile. "Yeah." I got a smile of my own. "I liked it."

Alex's POV-
"Good evening." Elijah said smoothly. "Thanks for coming." Damon said. "Please come in." Elijah walked in and Damon shut the door behind him. "Just one moment." He said looking at Damon and me. He knew I turned it off. "Can I just say that if you have less than honorable intentions about how this evening is going to proceed, I suggest you reconsider." Blah-blah-blah. "No, nothing dishonorable." Liar. Like I cared though. "Just getting to know you, since your Alex's ex and making deals with Elena." "Well that's good." Elijah said to us. "Because, you know, although Elena and I have this deal, if you so much as make a move to cross me, i'll kill you and i'll kill everyone," I scoffed. "I'd like to see you try and kill me." Elijah just gave me a pain filled look that I only blinked to. Then he looked to Damon again with his normal look. "in this house. Are we clear?" He finished. "Crystal."

Then Jenna entered the room. "Jenna, wonderful to see you again." She gave a smile. "How are you?" He asked. "Good." She replied. "It's nice to see you." "It's nice to see you too. You look incredible. As do you Alex." I pursed my rose red lips then gave a saucy smile. "Thank you." Jenna told him.

"I hate to break it to you, Damon, Alex," Jenna said as we sat around the table. Jenna and Alaric were on one side, and Elijah, Damon, and I were on the other. While John got a nice little corner by himself. "but according to Elijah, your guys families are not the founders of this town." Damon blinked and looked interested. "Do tell." He said. "Well as I, we actually Alex mentioned, to Jenna earlier, a faction of settlers migrated from Salem after the Witch trials in the 1690s." Yes I did know this- considering Katherine and I were with them. "Over the next hundred years they developed this community where they could feel safe from persecution." "Because they were witches." Jenna said then sipped her drink. "Yeah, but there's no tangible proof there were witches in Salem." Actually some of them were witches. Almost got burned at the stake… Twice. "Andie's a journalist." "Yeah if you call what she does journaling." I said boredly as took a long swig of my drink and put my hand on Elijah's leg, something that didn't of course go past him. "Big on facts." Damon added. "Well," Elijah started as I moved my hand slightly up and down his leg. "the lore says that there was the wave of anti-witch hysteria." Oh I remember that. "It broke out in the neighboring settlement, so these witches were rounded up." He said, Jenna was entranced. "They were tied to stake in a field and burned." I remember that too… Considering I was one of those people. "Some say you could hear the screams around for miles around us. They were consumed by fire." Jenna winced then said. "I wouldn't repeat this to the Historical Society." "Yes I agree, but then again there all are pricks." The people around the table looked at me for a second. I took another long drink. "It's starting to sound a little like a ghost story to me." Good boy. "So why do you want to know the location of the alleged massacres?" Damon asked. "You know a healthy historian's curiosity, of course." Two words- bull shit. "Of course."

Elena's POV-
"The wood from one tree and one tree alone, an ancient white oak would bring death to an Original vampire. When the tree burned, all hope was thought lost." I looked up. "He was trying to figure out how to kill and Original." I began to read again. "But the ash from the tree was saved and the witch Siren," Holy shit. I looked to Stefan, he nodded. "forged a dagger which the ash could be bonded. The alchemic bond provides the necessary poison." "Elena." Stefan said. "I wonder if this is true. I mean, do you think this dagger actually exists?" I asked. "And if it does that means Alex created the dagger." I said. "I know it exists, because John gave it to Damon and Alex confirmed, apparently." I blinked. "John gave Damon the weapon that's supposed to kill Elijah?" He nodded. Then I began to read aloud again. "It must be brandished by humans alone, for it will bring death to all demons who wield it." I looked with horrified look on my face. "John's trying to get Damon killed."

Alex's POV-
"Does anymore care for some cognac?" Damon asked. "Alex and I have a bottle we've been saving for ages." And yes literally ages. "None for me thanks." Alaric said almost a bit drunk. "Nine bottles of wine is my limit." Humans- they can never hold their liquor.

Stefan's POV-
"Why is your phone off?" I asked into the voicemail. "Call me." My tone was urgent as I hung up. "What's going on Stefan?" I looked to Elena. "Damon is planning on killing Elijah… Tonight."

Alex's POV-
Damon looks to Andie. "The gentlemen and Alex should take their drinks in the study." She said my name with such bright fakeness. Well bitch, I don't really like you either. "I have to say the food was almost as wonderful as the company." Elijah said flatteringly. "I like you." Andie said.

As we, well they started to make themselves useful and clean I removed my hand from Elijah leg. "Here, you are," Jenna said as she handed some plates to John. "gentlemen, make yourself useful. "Here, here." Alaric said trying to help. "Put me to work." "Um, I got it." Jenna said almost a bit defensively. Alaric noticed. "Hey Jenna are you ok?" She gave an almost cold look to him. "Yeah, fine Ric." Then she left. "I suspect this is my fault." Great human drama. Alaric grabbed ahold of him. "What did you do now?" Alaric asked pissed off. "I mentioned you haven't been completely honest about your dead wife." Alaric hasn't been honest with her at all pretty much. "You son of a bitch." Alaric growled, almost turned me on. Then John mentioned something about the life ring and that's where I left to go join the vampire boys.

"So let me get guess." Damon said as I walked in. "In addition to the moonstone, the doppelganger, the lion, the witch and the wardrobe," Damon added sarcastically. "you need to fine this witch burial ground." "He doesn't need to- and it wouldn't be useful to him unless he already has a witch- but you already knew that, didn't you Elijah?" I said sexily and took a drink. "Because I feel as though we've grown so close Damon, Alex, i'll tell you. Do you know where it is?" Yes. "Maybe." Damon answered. "Tell me why it's so important." Damon then gave some scotch to Elijah. "We're not that close." Elijah said bluntly. "You guys aren't." I slinked. "But we are."

Elijah turned to look at the books. "It's quite the collection you have here." "Hmm." Was Damon's answer as I watched them. "It's funny thing about books." Elijah said as he walked around to look at the collection. "Before they existed, people actually had memories." Damon then took out the dagger ready to kill, but Alaric and Andie interrupted so he quickly hid the dagger again. "Gentlemen and Alex, we forgot dessert." Alaric said with a tight smile. "Elijah." Andie greeted. "Miss Star." Then they left. Alaric then quickly wrote on a piece of paper and showed it to Damon. His eyes got wide, then he looked at me with an almost betrayed look. I then used my speed to get over to them and read what he said. And to that I just gave a shrug.

"Ric would you do me a favor and grab the notebook out of my bag?" Alaric nodded and went to get it. "Elijah," Damon said as he slid down to take a seat. "did John tell you he's Elena's uncle/father?" "Yes i'm well aware of that." Not surprised. "Of course," Damon said not surprised either. "she hates him, so there's absolutely no need to keep him on the endangered species list." I looked to Damon. "Well he won't last very long, if he's not on the list, like I care about the list anyway, i'll gladly volunteer myself to kill him." John looked at me as if I had gone mad and Damon just shook his head.

"Ric it's in the front pocket." Andie said. "On the- oh you know what? Excuse me guys. Sorry." She then left to go find her notebook. "What i'd like to know Elijah," John said grabbing Elijah's attention. "how do you intend on killing Klaus?" Oh yes let's hear it Elijah. "Gentlemen, Alex, there's a few things we should probably get clear right now." His voice was going to power mode. The kind of voice you didn't fuck with. "I allow you to solely live to keep an eye on Elena." "Uh- fuck that." I said. "I don't give a damn what happens to her, so don't include me in this bull shit." I took a drink. "I allow Elena to remain in her house living her life with her friends as she does as a courtesy. If you become a liability, i'll take her far away," Oh that sounded nice, then I wouldn't have to hear the constant yammering about Elena this and Elena that. "and you'll never see her again." They all understood that.

Then Andie came back with her notebook. "Ok." Andie said getting situated. "My first question is when you got here to Mystic-" But she was cut off by Alaric, driving the dagger into Elijah's heart… Hmm. Interesting turn of events. While everyone was surprised, I only blinked. "Now, get rid of him before Jenna comes back with dessert."

Stefan's POV-
"Lexi showed me there was another way." I said to Elena softly as I reminisced about Lexi. "And from that day forward I started fight for it. For my own survival." I looked at her with almost pleading eyes. "That's all I want you to do. I just want you to fight."

Damon's POV-
"Now you said there wasn't going to be any violence." Alaric said as we pulled out the dagger from Elijah's body. "Says the guy that did all the killing." I pointed out. Alaric just shook his head. "Hey I took the shot because I saw an opening, not because I planned to do this with Jenna in the house." He explained. "Now, you can't lie to me like that." I nearly rolled my eyes. "Hey, I am your friend," Alaric said putting a hand on my shoulder. "and right now it seems i'm your only one, damn it." The reminder Alex his hard. She almost got me killed. "So no more lying." I nodded then we left.

Elena's POV-
"Elijah's dead." Stefan said relieved. "Alaric did it."

Alex's POV-
As they boys came up Damon looked satisfied with himself. "Well congrats on daggering an Original Alaric." I said raising a glass to him. "Thanks." Alaric said almost a bit annoyed. Damon wouldn't meet me in the eyes. "You did keep the dagger in, right?"

Elena's POV-
"Originals believed in truth and honor. It was forbidden for a vampire to kill another vampire." I said to Stefan. "And when the dagger was created the dagger had a price, a vampire couldn't use it without dying themselves." I'd have to ask Alex about this stuff. "And as long as the dagger stays in place, the Original, for all intents and purposes, is dead."

Damon's POV-
I rushed into the cellar as quick as I can with Alex's words in mind. But when I got there it was empty.

Elena's POV-
"You have nothing left to negotiate with." Elijah said as he pace the front lawn. I revealed the knife in my hand. "I'd like to see you lure Klaus to Mystic Falls after the doppelganger bleeds to death." Elijah looked momentarily taken aback but composed himself once again. "Stefan won't let you die." He countered. "No, he won't." I told him. "He'll feed me his blood to heal me, and then i'll kill myself and become a vampire, just like Katherine did." I said threateningly. "So unless you want that to happen again, promise me the same as before. Promise e you won't harm anyone that I love. Even if they've harmed you." Elijah blinked. "I'm sorry Elena. I'm going to have to call your bluff."

Then I suddenly stabbed myself. Elijah's eyes went wide and he tried to rush over to me, but he couldn't get in. "No!" He yelled helplessly. "Yes, you can have your deal. Let me heal you." He was panicking. "Give me your word." I told him. "I give you my word."

I went outside and he took me into his arms prepared to give me blood, but I drove the dagger into him instead. He started to grey as he fell to the floor dead. And soon after I fell to, Stefan rushed over to me and gave me blood.

"Little tip." Damon said as he walked to Elijah's body. "Don't pull the dagger out."

Stefan's POV-
"Seems like she's had a change of attitude." Damon said as Elena left us. "How did you get through to her?" He asked. "I told her a little story about when I was making the wrong decisions and somebody showed me there was a better way." Damon and I looked at each other. "Lexi?" He questioned, almost softly. "Yeah." I nodded. "You remember her?"

Damon's POV- Mystic Falls, 1864
"Going somewhere?" A beautiful blond woman asked Alex and I. "You must be the vampire Alex and I hear so much about." I said politely. "Lexi." Alex nodded, and the woman Lexi gave a little nod to Alex. "That would be me." Lexi said. "And you must be the brother and sister who hate him." "We are at irreparable odds." Alex told her. Lexi looked from Alex then to me. "You know the hate you're feeling towards Stefan? Towards everyone but her?" Her meaning Alex. "You think you have it under control but you don't. It will get the best of you." She said to me. "Help him." Alex said as we went past her to the door. "And i'll help him." Him being me. "He needs it." I added. Lexi nodded, she understood. "I'll help him." She promised.

Present
"Andie?" I questioned as I heard the shower going. "I thought you left." I then went into the bathroom but I didn't see Andie… I saw Katherine. I stood there stunned as the water dripped down her nude skin. "Hello Damon." She said with a victory smile. "Hey, do you have a robe?" She asked, but it wasn't me who answered. "We should have a few." My jaw nearly it the floor when I saw Alex slip out from behind Katherine. Her snow white skin glistened with water drops and her spikey ebony hair was soaked, making it look even darker.

"How did you get out?" I asked Katherine, finally finding my voice. "I knew if I begged you not to kill Elijah, that's exactly what you would do." So the bitch played me. "Little known fact, Originals can compel vampires." She said to me. "But as soon as they die, the compulsion wears off." I groaned. "And you knew." She nodded. "And i'm still here. I didn't run." Weird. "I meant what I said Damon. I'm going to help you."

"So," Katherine said yanking Alex with her. "How about those robes?
♠ ♠ ♠
Disclaimer: I don't own TVD just Alex and any other OC that comes l along unless I say other wise

Well Alex has taken a new personality, she's just sick of everything, and she finally snapped.

Outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/alex_siren_dinner_party/set?id=28146266&lid=793105