Sequel: Love in Lights
Status: Active :)

Love in Music

A Love Song Without The Love

I watched curiously as Jacquie and a few male dancers moved in step with each other flawlessly. There was a confidence in their moves that assured no faults were made.

“Hey, they our dancers for the video?” Frankie distracted me and I turned to look at her instead.

“Yeah I think so, she was waiting for everyone to get here before she introduced us.” We both turned to watch as they continued to step in sync to each other, maneuvering the formations and tricks easily like they were all different parts of the same person.

“Holy shit, they’re good.” Luce fell into my side puffing slightly. Kate was behind her holding a hand to her stomach and breathing deeply.

“We’re crap compared to that.” She added in.

“Where’s Gracie?” Frankie questioned, I grinned in response and nodded towards the opposite door that Luce and Kate just ran through.

“Chatting with Tony privately.” Luce, Kate and I all grabbed onto Frankie as she moved towards the door. “PRIVATELY.”

“Girls! Get Gracie!” Frankie shot me a triumphant look and broke away to do as Jacquie asked. Before she could reach the door Gracie walked back through, Tony nowhere to be seen. Before Frankie could question her Jacquie was already calling us over. “Come on girls I need to introduce you to your parents so we can start rehearsal. Simon wants the dance down and perfected in three days.”

Sighing I followed the other girls towards Jacquie already wincing with how sore I was going to be.

“Girls this is Brent, Jase, Brendan, Ty and Coby. They’re, for now, permanently stuck with you girls. I picked them myself out of all the people working under me.” Jacquie smiled proudly at herself before pairing us up. I was with Brent who was blonde, British and most importantly my height.

“Hi! I’m Annabelle.” He smiled politely and introduced himself again.

“To get to know each other boys teach them the waltz while I have lunch.” I watched amused as Jacquie turned the music on then promptly left the room. Frankie practically pounced on Coby the moment the door shut. I felt sorry as the guys face reddened.

“Do you know how to waltz?” Brent asked me, stepping forward and grabbing my hand holding it up high. I shook my head as he easily placed my opposite hand on his shoulder and pulled our bodies closer. His hand settled on my hip, his fingers curling inwards before moving forward. I instantly stepped back, he grinned.

“It’s easy. I promise. You’ve already done the first step.” He pointed down where my right foot had stepped back as his left foot had come forwards. “Now we step to the side with our other foot and slide together.” I watched our feet and moved with him. “Now you come towards me.” Doing as he said we continuously moved into a square formation.

“Great, now we gonna turn with it.” I gripped tightly and widened my eyes as Brent easily placed me around the floor turning our bodies as we went, I could see the other girls moving out of the corner of my eyes but I was too busy focusing on my feet to know how well they were doing.

“I can lift you next.” I was about to shake my head before Brent dropped my hand and bent his knee slightly while picking me up around the rest and gently lifting me, spinning slightly before effortlessly putting me back on my feet and grabbing my hands again.

“Fuck.” I squeaked out causing Brent to start laughing while still spinning me around the floor.

“So you excited for the dance video?” I nodded, eyes still trained on my feet. Brent’s hand came up to lift my head so I was looking directly at him. “Watch me, you’ll get confused staring at your feet. So how do you like London?”

“Uh good, g-great. It’s uh different then home.” I fumbled over my words while trying to stare straight at Brent while still moving correctly. It got easier as we continued, the steps becoming common until Brent would once again lift me before carrying on around the floor. I was honestly surprised we hadn’t bumped into anyone else yet.

“Brent! You’re stance is horrible, straighten yourself up!” Jacquie’s voice startled us as Brent guiltily lifted his arms higher up my back instead of resting on my hip. I laughed and stumbled over my feet at his childish expression. “Alright that’s enough, you girls weren’t as horrible at it as I was expecting.”

“You have so much faith.” Frankie teased as Jacquie motioned for us to spread around the room, Brent stuck by my side while Jacquie immediately guided us through the steps we would be performing in the film clip and most likely on stage.

-

“You make pancakes from scratch?” I asked Louis curiously as he searched through our cupboards for the necessary ingredients. He hummed in response and grabbed the flour from the top shelf with only a small stretch. He smiled at the way I watched his shirt tighten around his bicep. “We have mixes that you just add water too.”

“That’s cheating.” Louis chastised me, placing the flour in front of me before turning back to the cupboard casually flexing his biceps. Rolling my eyes I move to get the frying pan out of another cupboard.

“But cheating takes less time.” I complained since I was the one who suggested making pancakes in the first place. Louis ignored me and continued grabbing the rest of his ingredients in. “Can we put chocolate in them?” I perked up noticing the chocolate chip bag. Louis agreed and began placing the ingredients in the bowl. I chose to watch and jumped up to sit on the counter next to the bowl.

“Is it awkward making a music video?” I questioned Louis, the thought playing on my mind since this morning’s rehearsal.

“How do you mean?”

“Well, like, is it weird singing along to a song in front of a camera?”

“Isn’t that what you did for YouTube.” Louis snorted; I smacked his arm in reply.

“I mean like acting it out as well. Like putting in the emotion and doing what the director tells you to do. Wearing outfits that aren’t yours with heaps of make up. I just feel like it would be awkward.” I shrugged as Louis paused his stirring and turned to look at me thoughtfully.

“It’s not awkward so much. It was always fun to have the boys there and we got to play around. But I’m not sure what your video clip will be like a lot different to ours probably and definitely with a lot more dancing. But you’ll have fun with your girls and be surprised how easy it will be.” Louis went back to his stirring as I considered what he said. “I thought you weren’t nervous about the video.”

I glared at Louis and crossed my arms over my chest. I wasn’t nervous exactly just slightly worried about what to expect. I had no idea how the process went or what they expected. I had never tried drama before so I have no idea if I can even act out emotion for the song if that’s what they wanted.

I twitched as something slimy slid across my face. Turning to Louis in shock I reached up to touch the batter that had been spread across my cheek.

“Seriously!” I shrieked at him, he grinned, his eyes sparkling. “You really shouldn’t have done that.” I jumped off the counter and grabbed the closest thing to me, the bag of flour. Louis eyes widened as I stuck my hand in and grabbed a handful and without hesitating I threw it right into Louis face. He paused and coughed, wiping his eyes. In that time I moved to take off but his arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me back, his hand coming up to wipe butter over my face.

“Yuck! Louis.” I screamed squirming out of his arm and grabbing the tomato sauce that had been sitting on the counter. Spinning around I squirted it straight at him, catching him on the collar of his shirt and across his chin. I burst out laughing at his shocked look.

I dropped the bottle as Louis grabbed the bottle of milk and immediately flicked it at me. The freezing cold milk seeped through my clothes and clogged up my sense of smell. I moved to run forward before slipping on the milk and tumbling into Louis, his hand cracked down on my head and goo seeped through my hair.

Screeching I scooped up half the egg and pushed it through Louis hair. He slipped further on the floor and we both fell to the ground, Louis’ laughter the loudest in the kitchen.

“Holy fuck!” I squinted up at Kate and Frankie while trying to keep egg whites out of my eye.

“We’re making pancakes, want some?” Louis cheekily told them from under me. I smacked his shoulder and squished the egg further into his hair. He glared at me and shoved me off his body onto the milk stained floor.

“We’re going out, have fun cleaning up.” Kate responded before grabbing Frankie’s arm and leaving.

“She angry?” Louis questioned. I watched the girls leave before shaking my head at Louis.

“She will be though if we don’t clean this up before they get back.” I reasoned with him before frowning. “I still didn’t get to eat pancakes.”

“Sorry but I’m pretty sure that was the last of your milk.” I groaned and fell onto my back next to Louis.

“You suck.” Louis’ head bobbed above mine and he smirked down at me. A part of the egg white hanging from his hair fell and hit my forehead. He burst out laughing, pushing it back into my hairline. Groaning I tried to push him away but he just lent down instead and planted a kiss on my lips. Laughing I grimaced at the taste of flour left in my mouth from what coated his lips.

“We didn’t throw the chocolate chips.” Louis suggested getting on his knees and grabbing them from the counter top.

“Oh good that would have been a travesty.” I snatched them from Louis’ hands and opened the packet. Grabbing a handful I chucked them in my mouth before passing the bag to Louis.”

“So ladylike.” I glared and gestured to the egg in my hair. He burst out laughing and grabbed some chocolate.

“You know I’m really sore from today.” I told Louis slowly. He eyed me suspiciously and grabbed more chocolate. “You could give me a message.” I batted my eyelashes hopefully while Louis rolled his eyes and crawled over to lean on the cupboard next to me.

“Depends if we’re classing massage as a euphemism.” He waggled his eyebrows. Scowling at him I pushed his face away from mine, moving to get up but only slipping in the milk even more. Louis burst out laughing, sliding down further on the floor while I tried, in vain, to get back up again.

“I hate you.” I grumbled to him, grabbing onto the counter for stability.

“You really don’t.” He looked at me blankly for a moment before letting the corners of his mouth tip up slightly. I stared at him for a moment before shaking my head and left to grab a mop, heart beating painfully as it tried to escape my chest.
♠ ♠ ♠
Song Title: Without the Love by Demi Lovato

Hey guys I hope everyone is still enjoying the story! I know I was a little lax on updates but I'm back to writing this properly now! So look forward to regular updates :D

xx