Battle of the Bands

Sneaking Back Without Getting Caught. Impossible?

Julie's P.O.V.

"How?" I questioned, "I'm going to stick out like a sore thumb!" I said quickly, starting to panic.

"Its okay." Pete said as he entered the closet.

"What do you mean 'its okay'? I am in deep shi-"

"We are going to give you a disguise." Pete said as he tossed me one of his hoodies and one of Patrick's hats. "Here, put these on." he instructed.

"And make sure you hide your hair." Patrick added.

"What? Why?" I questioned as I slid on the hoodie.

Pete smiled, "Security is looking for a girl, so we're gonna make you look like a guy." he said as his smile turned into a smirk.

"O-oh." I answered quietly, "Fine. But you guys so owe me." I said as I smiled.

"Whatever you say." Patrick said as he chuckled. He then helped me put the hat on and slide the hood on over the hat.

"Okay, let's get you back to that green room." Pete said as he grabbed my hand and began to lead me back toward the green room with Patrick on my other side.

I thought we were in the clear.

Every which way I looked there wasn't one security guard.

We were gonna get away with this.

"Excuse me, can I see your pass please?" a voice asked from behind us.

Oh crap.

Or not.

"Let us do all the talking." Patrick whispered into my ear before we all three turned around to face the security guard.

I turned to face the security guard with Patrick and Pete.

With one look at the security guard guy I knew I was trembling.

This guy was creepy!

He was really buff.

But not like his body was a piece of art type buff.

More like he could snap your body like a twig if you looked at him wrong type of buff.

"Where's your pass, boy?" the security guard asked as he eyed me.

Probably unsure of my gender.

The guys did a really good job at making my disguise, but if you looked close enough, you could see that I am indeed a girl.

"This is my cousin." Pete spoke up.

The security guard shook his head, "A relative or not, he needs a pass."

"Really?" Patrick asked, "Because this morning Rick told us relatives don't need passes."

The security guard looked confused for a moment, but then shook his head, snapping himself out of it. "I'm going to go speak to Rick about this matter." he said just before he turned and walked off.

Uhh...okay.

"Who's Rick?" I asked.

"Oh, he's just the director of the entire show." Patrick answered.

"Oh." I said quietly.

Pete then clapped his hands together, making me jump.

"Alright, let's get you back to that green room." Pete said as he smiled.

"Hopefully we won't be stopped again." Patrick said.

Pete thumped Patrick's shoulder and whispered, "Don't jinx it!" before we started walking down the hall again.

Pete and Patrick rushed me into the green room like a S.W.A.T. team.

Once the three of us piled into the green room, Ryder and Melissa looked up at me, eyes wide, and ready to ask me twenty questions.

Patrick instantly left my side and ran to Melissa and Ryder and tackled them onto the couch.

"What the hell?!" Melissa shrieked.

Both Pete and Patrick's eyes widened.

They knew Melissa's shriek probably caught some security guard's attention.

Pete grabbed my hand and pulled me back behind the couch and we sat down on the ground.

"What are we doing?!" I asked Pete in a loud whisper.

Pete smiled, "We are pretending you have been here the entire time - but just completely hidden from view....Do you have an ipod?"

"Uhh, yeah." I answered.

Pete nodded quickly, "Okay, take it out and turn it on."

That's when I heard someone walk into the room.

"Ahh, Mr. Stump?" a voice asked.

"Yes?" Patrick asked.

"Have you seen the missing girl?" the voice questioned.

"Uhh, yeah. But she's not missing. She's behind the couch with Pete." Patrick replied.

"What?" the voice questioned.

I heard footsteps come closer, "Miss Karr?" he questioned.

I didn't reply.

Earlier, Pete had told me not to and to pretend I couldn't hear anything when in fact I really could hear just fine.

I had also stripped off the jacket and hat to make me look like myself again.

The funny thing is though, I threw the hat up into the air, over the couch, and it accidentally landed on Patrick's head.

On his head!

I couldn't have done that if I tried!

So awesome.

That was earlier - before the security guard had walked in.

"Miss Karr?" the security guard asked as he stepped in front of me and waved his hand in my face.

I smiled up at him and removed one earbud from my ear while Pete removed the other earbud from his ear.

Swing by Savage feat. Soulja Boy was blasting out of my earphones.

"Yes?" I asked.

"How come you didn't say anything when we came in here looking for you about 20 minutes ago?" he asked.

"Oh, I probably didn't hear you. I've been listening to music with Pete back here for a while. Sorry I didn't answer." I said innocently.

"Uh...No, that's okay." he said as he slowly pulled his radio off of his belt, "Hey eighty-six that call on the M.I.A green room winner. She has been sitting behind the couch." he said as he walked out of the green room.

"10-4 good buddy." a voice echoed on the radio as the security guard left us.

"OMG! That was awesome! We did it!" I yelled happily as I jumped up, over the couch, and onto Patrick's lap.

"Hi." I said quietly as I giggled.

Pete chuckled as he swung himself over the couch as well and landed in between Ryder and the arm rest.

"For a while, I had doubts about whether that was going to work or not." Patrick said honestly.

I playfully gasped at him and he raised an eyebrow at me.

"What?" Patrick questioned.

"You have no faith." I said as I smirked.

"Faith? Faith in what?" Patrick asked.

"Faith in my ability to con the security guards into believing I have been in this room the entire time." I answered.

"Why did you leave the green room in the first place?" Melissa asked me.

I glanced over at Melissa and quickly switched laps, jumping from Patrick to Melissa.

Patrick turned to Ryder and Pete while Melissa and I began to girl talk.

"So, why did you leave?" Melissa asked me again.

"Well, you remember when Pete practically dragged me out of here, right? Well, he took me down to his band's dressing room and I sort of, some how, got roped into singing for them." I explained.

Melissa's smile instantly brightened, "Oh Julie, that's so great that you sang for them! What song did you end up singing?"

"One of their songs." I said as I nodded in Pete and Patrick's direction.

"Aww, how cute!" Melissa cooed.

"But something else happened." I said quietly.

"What?!" Melissa practically demanded.

"Uhh, when I was walking towards Fall Out Boy's dressing room, I paused in front of Tokio Hotel's dressing room and saw Georg and Tom inside talking. I wasn't staring at them like some crazed fan girl, I really wasn't. I was just lost in thought, which isn't a rare occurrence for me..." I rambled.

"Just get to the point, Julie." Melissa interrupted.

"Right, sorry." I said as I smiled sheepishly, "Well anyways, I don't know what Georg thought I was thinking, but he gave me this really cold stare and then he slammed the door in my face." I finished quietly.

"Aww, sweetie, I'm so sorry. I know you have always wanted to meet them too." Melissa said in a comforting sort of voice.

"Yeah, well now I think I'd rather not." I said as I leaned my head onto her shoulder.