Battle of the Bands

Here, There, Everywhere It Seems

Patrick's P.O.V.

I heard what Julie told Melissa.

She sounded crushed.

I stole a quick glance at her.

She looked crushed.

I glanced over at Pete.

He was deep in a conversation with Ryder about bass guitars.

From what I could hear, it seemed Ryder can play guitar.

I silently groaned.

I didn't want to pull Pete out of the green room because I liked these guys.

They were really cool people.

But, I've got to tell Pete what I heard.

"Uhh, Pete, we've got to go for sound check and warm up." I said quickly.

Pete smiled and chuckled, "Patrick, what are you talking about? Forever The Sickest Kids just went on. We've still got 15 minutes, dude."

Damn.

He didn't buy it.

But somehow, I knew he wasn't going to buy that.

Great.

Now I have to make up another excuse and make myself look like a huge dork.

"Uhh Pete, man, uhh... I have to go to the bathroom." I said.

I mentally slapped myself.

That was really stupid.

Pete laughed out loud before he answered, "Dude, go by yourself."

Double damn.

I grabbed Pete's wrist and quickly pulled him out of the green room.

"What the hell man?" Pete asked me as we left the room.

"Listen, just hear me out, okay?" I asked quickly.

Third Person's P.O.V.

"Hey, I thought going to the bathroom in pairs was a girl thing." Ryder said as he looked at Melissa and Julie.

"Well, apparently its a band thing too." Melissa answered thoughtfully.

X---Elsewhere---X

"Alright, Patrick, I'm listening. What did you want to tell me?" Pete questioned.

Patrick quickly told Pete what he heard Julie tell Melissa.

As Patrick told the tale, Pete's jaw dropped more and more.

"So that's why she looked so heartbroken when I found her." Pete said quietly when Patrick finished explaining Julie's story.

"She looked heartbroken?" Patrick questioned.

"Well, yeah... But only for a few seconds." Pete said as he thought back to the event.

Patrick sighed, "We've got to make it up to her somehow." he said quietly.

Pete began to smile widely, "I think I've got the most perfect idea." he said just before he ran off.

"Hey, wait! We're up next!" Patrick shouted after him.

"I'll be back in plenty of time!" Pete shouted back as he kept running.

Patrick glanced around as soon as Pete left, confused as to why he left in the first place.

Where did he go anyways?

Then he felt a hand slap onto his back, making him slightly jump.

"Stumpy, man, you've got to relax." a voice said.

Patrick turned around to see Frank smiling back at him.

Patrick smiled, "Oh, Frank, its you."

"Yeah, its me. Who did you think it was gonna be?" Frank asked.

"I'm....not sure." Patrick answered quietly.

Frank smiled, "Dude, relax. Don't worry about the show. The crowd is awesome."

Patrick sighed, "No, that's not what I'm worried about."

"Well then, what is it?" Frank questioned.

"Alright, so here's what happened..." Patrick began.

Julie's P.O.V.

Its been almost 10 minutes since Pete and Patrick went to the 'bathroom.'

I know they didn't go to the bathroom together.

Its defiantly not a band thing to go to the bathroom together.

But it is a girl thing.

That's for sure.

So if Pete and Patrick didn't go to the bathroom I wonder where they went.

They probably ditched us.

That totally figures.

First Tokio Hotel.

Now Fall Out Boy.

This is so not cool.

I just want to go home now.

Before something else bad happens.

Before I get really depressed.

Before I say or do something I'll totally regret.

Third Person's P.O.V.

Frank sighed as he glanced toward the green room. "Ya know, you and Pete running out of there probably reminded her a lot of like what Georg did to her." he said as he shook his head.

Patrick sighed, "Yeah, I know. But I had to get out of there to tell Pete what I heard. I'm trying to help her here."

Frank nodded, "That may be true, but in your way of helping her you may have hurt her." he said quietly.

"Well, Pete said he had just the thing and then he ran off in the direction of the stage." Patrick said.

"Isn't Forever The Sickest Kids on stage right now?" Frank asked.

"Uhh... yeah. They should be just about done with their set by now." Patrick answered.

"Have Forever The Sickest Kids gone into the green room and met Julie and the others yet?" Frank questioned.

"I don't think so. . . Wait, you don't think Pete is going around telling the other bands to be nice, do you?" Patrick asked quickly.

Frank shrugged, "Hey, you said it. Not me."

Patrick sighed and glanced around, "Hey uh, Frankie, where's the rest of your band?"

"Oh uh, uhm. . . they're here. . . somewhere."

Patrick smiled, "Dude, you ran all the way over here, didn't you?"

"N-no. How can you- Why would you say something like that?" Frank asked.

Patrick smiled a knowing smile, "Frankie, you like someone, don't you?"

"I- what- no- No." Frank said as he touched his hand to the back of his head.

"Who is she?" Patrick asked.

"I- uhm-. . . You can't tell anyone."

"I won't tell a soul."

"Frank silently sighed, "Its Melissa." he said after a moment.

X---Elsewhere---X

Pete ran toward the stage so fast that he nearly stumbled onto the stage when he tried to stop too quickly.

The drummer on stage, Kyle, noticed Pete's minor balancing problem. He snickered and missed a beat to the song they had been playing at the moment called 'I Don't Know About You, But I Came To Dance.'

Pete smiled sheepishly and then waved to Kyle who nodded back to him.

Soon, Forever The Sickest Kids finished their set and walked off stage while The All American Rejects walked on stage and began to play 'Dirty Little Secret.'

"Hey man." Kyle said as he high-fived Pete, "What was up with your near rush onto the stage?" he asked.

"I have the biggest news to tell you." Pete answered.

"Bigger than when you got that new bass?" Kyle questioned.

Pete nodded.

"Bigger than when you and Patrick got Joe and Andy to try an Awful Waffle?" Caleb questioned.

Again, Pete nodded.

"Well then, what is it, boy?" Austin asked.

Everyone turned toward Austin with questioning looks on their faces, wondering why he called Pete 'boy.'

"What?" Austin asked innocently, "I'm a little hyper."

"A little?" Kent questioned.

"Guys." Pete said, trying to gain their attention.

"Yeah, a little." Austin answered, "You know I always get hyper after preforming."

"That is true." Marc said as he nodded his head.

"Guys?" Pete asked in an annoyed tone.

"That's not true." Caleb argued.

"Yes it is!" Austin said as he pouted.

"GUYS!" Pete shouted.

All the guys turned to the forgotten Pete.

"What?" Kyle asked as he cleared his throat, "Oh yeah, you had news, huh?" he asked.

"Well, what is it?" Austin asked.

"You better not say 'boy' again." Jonathan said, speaking up for the first time.

Kyle groaned and rolled his eyes.

"Please don't start that again." Pete said as he mentally face-palmed.
♠ ♠ ♠
The Point Of View switches a lot in this chapter. I hope no one gets confused over it.

Comment/Subscribe, please? It would make me happy.