Battle of the Bands

Breakdown & Ideas To Set Things Right

Third Person's P.O.V.

"So? The news?" Marc questioned.

"Oh, right." Pete said as he smirked, "So have you guys met the contest winners yet?"

"'Fraid not, but that's the way we were headed." Caleb said.

"Why do you ask?" Kent questioned.

"Alright, so here's what happened..." Pete began, telling Forever The Sickest Kids about Tokio Hotel, the green room, security guards, Fall Out Boy, and the contest winners - basically all that had happened since the night began.

"Woah, dude. That's . . . wow." Jonathon said quietly as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"That's a lot to happen in so little time." Austin said quietly.

". . .Hey, has anyone seen Kyle?" Caleb questioned.

"Yeah . . . He was here a second ago. . . Wasn't he?" Marc said.

"Yeah, he just sort of took off." Austin said.

"Huh. That's weird. . . I wonder where he went." Pete said thoughtfully

X-Elsewhere-X

"Hey look! There's a pink flamingo lawn gnome thing behind the drums!" Ryder shouted as he held up a plastic flamingo.

"Ooh!' Let me see it!" Julie shouted as she took the flamingo out of Ryder's hands.

"We should name it!" Melissa said as she jumped up and down, "Let's name it Bob!"

Both Julie and Ryder began to laugh.

"So, who do you think Bob belongs to?" Julie asked.

"That would be me." a voice said.

Ryder, Melissa, and Julie all turned to see Kyle standing in the doorway.

Julie's P.O.V.

"Wow. . .You're Kyle Burns." I said as I hugged the pink flamingo close.

"Yup, and you are holding my flamingo." Kyle said as he walked into the green room.

"Oh sorry. . .Here." I said as I held out the flamingo to him.

Kyle smirked as he shook his head, "That's okay. You can hold onto him. He likes you anyways."

"How can you tell?" I asked as I couldn't help but smile.

"Because he's smiling at you." Kyle said as he walked up to me.

"But-. . .The smile is painted on his face." Melissa called out.

Kyle slightly sighed as his shoulders dropped somewhat, "Well, uh. . .he's telekinetic." he said quickly.

"Bob can move things with his mind?" Ryder asked as he smirked.

"Who's Bob?" Melissa questioned, but the smiled as she remembered all on her own, "Oh right."

"Uh. . .okay." Kyle said as he smirked, "Anyways, Bob streams his thoughts into my head so that's how I know he likes you holding him."

I knew Kyle was trying to be cute and act cool - not that it wasn't already working.

He was actually doing a good job, plus he was already cute.

"So uhh, listen. . .I heard from Frank and Pete and. . .Bob that you are a decent singer."Kyle said as he lightly blushed.

Aww.

How cute!

"She's not just a decent singer-" Melissa started.

"She's totally awesome!" Ryder said as he grinned.

Melissa smiled, "If her brother thinks she's good, then you know she's really good."

Kyle nodded, "Can I hear you sing?" he asked.

"Yes!" Melissa answered for me.

"Uhh. . .Cool. Do you know any of my band's songs?" Kyle asked again.

"Yes!" Ryder answered for me too.

Oye.

Here we go again!

I took a deep breath and began to sing one of his band's songs. At this point, I figured I had no choice.

When was the last time you talked to me?
Seriously
I feel like I don't even know you
And I would rather me leave
Than stay and watch you make a fool of me

You might as well leave
You might as well let me know now
You might as well go, go, go
I never wanna see your face round here anymore
Cause its a breakdown, a breakdown
Where do we go from here?
Its a breakdown, a breakdown

Woah Woah
Woah Woah

You know that I'd be lying
If I said I wasn't getting quite bored of you yet
And your consistent nagging
And your constant panic
Is unnecessary stress for me

You're the tip, the tip tip-top of the charts
You're the best thing I've ever done
And the reality is that I wrote this song for you

You might as well leave
You might as well let me know now
You might as well go, go, go
I never wanna see your face round here anymore
Cause its a breakdown, a breakdown
Where do we go from here?
Its a breakdown, a breakdown

Woah Woah
Woah Woah

I took a moment to pause and took a deep, noticeable breath before I continued.

When wood floors meet high heels
And shadows form from chandeliers
When wood floors meet high heels
And shadows form on the chandeliers

You might as well leave
You might as well let me know now
You might as well go, go, go
I never wanna see your face round here anymore
Cause its a breakdown, a breakdown
Where do we go from here?
Its a breakdown, a breakdown

Woah Woah
Woah Woah

Kyle began to clap when I was done, "That was excellent." he said as he smiled brightly, "You were really good." he congratulated.

"Yeah! She's the best!" Melissa shouted.

Kyle smirked, "How would you like to sing on stage with my band?" he questioned.

"What?!" I snapped.

"OMG." Melissa mumbled, more or less speechless.

"She'd love to!" Ryder shouted.

"What?!" I snapped again as I turned to face Ryder.

"It would be an amazing opportunity!" Ryder tried to convince me.

"Well. . .it would be pretty cool." I said thoughtfully. I then turned around to Kyle again, "But you guys have already preformed tonight." I said quickly, "Besides, shouldn't you ask your band before you invite me on stage?" I added.

Kyle was silent for a moment.

I'm guessing he was thinking.

"Well then, let's go ask them, shall we?" he asked.

The next thing I knew, Kyle grabbed my hand and pulled me toward the door.

"Wait!" I shouted as I forced us to stop.

Kyle gave me the most curious look.

"We're uhh not supposed to leave the green room. I learned that earlier when I almost got caught after Fall Out Boy pulled me out of here." I said quickly.

Kyle stood there for a moment before he nodded, "Okay, be right back!" he said, and with that he ran out of the room, leaving us behind.

I made sure Kyle was gone before I turned around to face Melissa and Ryder, "What did you guys just do?!" I questioned.

"What are you talking about?" Melissa asked.

"How could you guys tell Kyle I can sing on stage?! I can't sing on stage!" I shouted.

"Sure you can!" Ryder said as he smiled, "You just open your mouth and well. . .sing."

"Its not that easy when you've got thousands of eyes staring at you just waiting for you to mess up." I said quickly.

"Oh hun," Melissa started before she quickly crossed the room and pulled me into a bone crushing hug, "You know you'll do great. No! You'll do more than great, you'll be beyond awesome!"she said as she began to jump up and down, bringing me along for the ride.

Ryder finally saved me from getting nauseous when he cleared his throat, thus making Melissa stop her jumping up and down.

"Thank you." I mouthed to Ryder.

Ryder nodded back to me, signaling it was no biggie.

X-Elsewhere-X

The members of Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance, and Forever The Sickest Kids were all standing around talking.

Kyle quickly ran up to them, but crashed into someone's back.

Caleb turned around and smiled when he saw Kyle, "Hey dude, where ya been?"

"The green room." Kyle answered innocently.

That got everyones attention.

Pete looked over in the direction of Kyle, "Did you meet them?" he asked.

Kyle nodded, "Yeah, they're really nice."

"So what did you guys do?" Jonathon asked.

"Uhh, not that much. Let's see, I met them, they named the flamingo Bob, and uhh Julie sang for me." Kyle answered as he smiled.

"She sang for you?" Kent asked.

Kyle nodded, "She was simply amazing."

"What did she sing?" Marc questioned.

"Breakdown."

"Awesome." Austin said as he smiled wide.

"Yeah, so listen, I had this idea-. . ." Kyle began.

"Yes, that's a great idea!" Caleb said as he smiled.

"But she is right," Kent started, "We have already played our set tonight."

"So have we." Ray Toro said.

"And we're next." Patrick said, "That's not enough time to get everything set up."

"Well. . .who else has already played?" Austin asked.

"Uhh. . .Simple Plan and The All American Rejects are playing now." Mikey said.

". . .So that leaves?" Jonathan questioned.

"Tokio Hotel, Linkin Park, and I Set My Friends On Fire." Frank piped up.

"Alright, so. . .why don't we ask Tokio Hotel? I mean, she likes them, right?" Marc questioned.

"Yeah. . .but what about what happened earlier?" Andy asked.

Pete snapped his fingers as he hatched an idea. "She only met Georg and Tom, right? So we'll tell Bill and Gustav our plan and then introduce them to Julie. They'll be bound to say yes after they meet her." he said quickly.

"But what about Tom and Georg? What will they say when they find out?" Kyle asked.

"I am eighty-five percent sure Bill will be able to convince them it's a good idea." Pete said.

"And if he can't convince them?" Gerard questioned.

"Then we'll figure something else out." Pete answered, "But for now you guys go find Bill and Gustav," he said as he nodded to the members of My Chemical Romance, "and you guys distract Tom and Georg if you have to." he said as he nodded to Forever The Sickest Kids.

Everyone nodded just as The All American Rejects finished their set and walked off stage toward their dressing room.

Then the three bands split up.

My Chemical Romance and Forever The Sickest Kids went in search of Tokio Hotel while Fall Out Boy went on stage to start their set.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lyrics in this chapter-
Breakdown - Forever The Sickest Kids