So Long, Soldier

Hey You

Katelyn’s Pov.

I’ve been in Florida for a week and so far we’ve been out every night. Harley and I were going to have a Batman marathon but it got too hot to stay inside so we all ended up going to Disney at Splash mountain. We were all chilling out by the pool on rafts.

“So what’s it like in Baltimore?” Harley asked. “It’s a small city . Everyone knows everybody and there’s plenty of things to do. There’s an arena for football games, restaurants of ever kind, coffee shops, a mall, there’s a karaoke bar and bars that has a stage for live performances. I have been hanging out with some friends and we’ve been hanging out at the skate boarding area in the park. It has a lot of ramps and stuff” I said as she smiled.

“Any boyfriends?” Wendy asked with a sly smile. “Well maybe?” I laughed as Harley looked at me. “What’s his name?” Harley asked. “His name is Tom Gaskarth. He‘s a lot of fun to hang out with. He and his brother have been calling meh Wendy since I‘m obsessed with Peter Pan” I laughed as Charlie, Harley and Wendy all laughed.

“Yeh can say that again” said Harley as she got off the raft and went swimming. “Who wants to do a little shopping?” Wendy asked as I shrugged my shoulders. “Come on Katelyn, We’ll go shopping and then we’ll go home. I need to get yeh stuff for youe birthday next week” said Wendy as dad swam up to us. “Whatever yeh do don’t be getting any Goo Goo Dolls shit. I don’t want to catch any of that shit in meh house” dad said as we looked over at him.

“Okay, but what’s so wrong about the Goo Goo Dolls? They’re a good band dad” I said as he looked at me. “Cause I said so. You don’t need to know” He replied before getting out of the pool. I quickly followed him, grabbing my towel and stuff and followed him as Wendy, Harley and Charlie got out and grabbed their stuff and followed behind me and dad.

I was walking around the store when I saw different buckets of beads. I stood there and thought if I should get a couple since I still wasn’t sure what to get the guys but I had awhile before I before I headed back home to Baltimore.

After about three hours, I walked through my bedroom door with a couple of bags and sat them down. I had picked up a few things for myself since I couldn’t think or see anything that they would’ve liked. I was sure I would have something for them went I got back.

I got online and was searching through my email. I noticed next to my email list that Alex was online. I clicked on his name and quickly typed a message and exited out of it. Looking back at my email and deleting, another box appeared saying ‘Incoming message’.

?LostInNeverland?: Hey Alex, how are yeh?
Alex G.: Good I guess
?LostInNeverland?: What’s wrong Lex?”
Alex G.: Nothing really. Hey, the rest of our summer is booked with gigs so we’ll be too busy to talk but you can text us. I’ll send the numbers in a email.
?LostInNeverland?: Really? That’s great, how’s Tom
Alex G. : I don’t see him . Neither does mum and dad. He don’t’ come out unless it’s after dark
?LostInNeverland?: I hope he’s okay

I finished talking to Alex and signed off. I really hope Tom was okay as well as everyone else I thought as I crawled into bed and went into sleep.