So Long, Soldier

Hello Goodbye

Katelyn’s Pov.

“Hey Alex!” I heard someone shout startling me. “What’s up?” Alex asked as I looked around as I was laying on the couch. “You got a gig” the guy with the black hair and lip ring said. “What!?!?!” said Alex as I looked up at him with wide eyes as he didn’t have a shirt on and a pair of gym shorts on.

“Are you fucking kidding me? HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT! We got a gig!” Alex shouted as he whipped out his phone. “Katelyn, are you okay honey?” Isobel asked as she came into the living room and around to the couch.

“How are you feeling dear?” Isobel asked. “I’m a bit dizzy” I said as she wiped my head with a wet wash cloth. “Is everything okay at home?” she asked as Peter came into the living room with Tom. “Hello Katelyn, how are you darling?” Peter asked. “Tom said she tripped and fell down the skate ramp running” said Isobel as I looked at her.

“What was I doing at the park?” I asked as they all looked at me. “You were running away” said Tom as he and Alex bent down to my level. “What she running away from?” Isobel asked as I was listening. “She black out then got up and took off running when her parents talked to her about family issues” said Tom. “Is everything alright over there?” Peter asked as tears cascaded down.

“Dad is going away for two years” I said groggily as Isobel hugged me. “What for?” Alex asked as I shook my head. “It’s okay, you don’t have to say anymore” said Isobel as there was a knock on the door.

Alex’s Pov.

I walked over to the door and saw a tall guy dressed in a soldier uniform. “Hello Sir can I help you?” I asked. “I’m Sergeant John Carter, you must be Alex. Nice to see you. Is your parents home?” he asked as I nodded before walking to the living room as he followed me.

“Hi, Isobel, Peter” John said as he and my parents talked. “I’m here for my daughter Katelyn” “What a coincidence. I didn’t know Katelyn was your daughter” mom said as she smiled. “She’s so well manned and behaved. We enjoy having her here” said dad. “Dad, what are you doing here?” Katelyn asked. “Katelyn, we need to go. We have to finish packing before your mum drops us off at the airport” John said as I looked at him.

“Packing for what?” I asked. “Katelyn is coming with meh to spend time with meh and the rest of our family” said John. “Oh, I hope you have fun. Bring us back some presents” I laughed causing her to smile. “Don’t worry, she’ll be back when school starts back up. I’m not or ever will tear yeh guys apart” he said as I nodded as Katelyn got up.

She slipped on her shoes and coat as she walked over and talked to Tom. I watched as more tears fell down her cheeks as Tom pulled her into a hug. She gave him a peck on the cheek and walked over to where I was.

“ I’ll miss yeh Lex” she whispered into my ear as she gave me a hug and kissed me on the cheek. “Give the rest of the guys hugs and have Jack give Riley a hug for meh” she winked before heading out the door with her dad.

I’m gonna miss her…