So Long, Soldier

The Last Worthless Evening

A month flew has flown by and it was the seventh of Jun. I was so excited since my birthday was only a couple days weeks away and so was warped tour. I had just gotten my driver’s permit so I was able to drive to warped tour but mum had to drive with Riley and I.

Riley and I were walking around the neighborhood when we walked into our favorite park. We walked over to the skating ramps and sat on the bench were we watched the skate boarders every week. Once I came to Baltimore, Maryland, this has been our spot ever since. We even wrote a stuff on it of our favorite things like I wrote things Peter Pan and Neverland.

“So what did your mom say about warped tour?” Riley asked. “She just said she don’t know why I was asking since I have to go see dad that week anyways but dad did say something” I said as I frowned. “He’s back from Iraq?” Riley asked as I nodded. “I need to fly out this weekend to go out to see him or I won’t be able to go but then Wendy stepped in and talked to dad and now they want to spend my sixteenth birthday with them. I don’t mind going to go see Wendy or Charlie and I really want to see my sister Harley but I hate traveling long distances when I don’t get to do anything I really want to do” I said as Riley nodded before she spoke.

“It’s odd how your name is Katelyn Miora Angela Crater and your step mom’s name is Wendy but your biological sister is named Harley” said Riley. “Yeh meh dad liked Peter Pan growing up while meh mum loved Batman” I laughed. “ I love Batman and Peter Pan they’re just too cool not to like but I love the Peter Pan movie a lot” I said as Riley laughed. I’ll say since your whole room is a mural to Peter Pan” said Riley.

“Dad used to watch Peter Pan and had meh grandparents read the story to him. Dad always came home and read that story to meh at bedtime before they got a divorce and I always wanted to go to Neverland so I wouldn’t have to grow up and have that happen to meh and make the same mistakes they did” I said as I saw a muscled curly brown haired guy skate up the ramp and do a trick in mid air before landing back on his board. He skated back down and came back up to the bench that was 3 feet away from the bench that Riley and I occupied.

“Hey man that was sick” I heard a guy say as the other two guys was cheering the muscled boy on. I looked over to see a tall lanky dude with dark hair with a streak of blond going through it like a skunk. There was another guy who had shaggy brown curly hair, and a guy with with messy dark hair that covered the left side of his face. “Thanks man” I heard the muscled boy say as I looked at my watch. “Riley! We’re late!” I shouted as we both stood up and took off running for the diner.

“Girls, can I see you for a moment?” Our boss Max asked as Riley and I walked to his office. “Sit down please” he said as he gestured to the two chairs. We quietly sat down as he propped his feet up on his desk before he spoke.

“You do realize that both of you are two to three minutes late?” Max asked as Riley and I nodded our heads. “Riley for you, this is your first offense so you’re not in any trouble but you Katelyn! You should know better! This is your third offense! You’re Fired!” He shouted. “Well yeh know what?” I said jumping up as anger shot through me causing the chair to fall backwards onto the floor.

“I couldn’t give two flying fucks since I gave them away last week and I’m glad I’m fired so I don’t have to deal with yeh stupid drunk ass anymore yeh bloody arsehole!” I shouted as I walked out of his office, slamming the door and walked of the restaurant slamming the door so hard the glass in the door broke and fell out of the door as everyone inside the restaurant looked at me as I casually walked down the block. I felt so much better I thought as I smiled to myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
If I could do that to a boss I didn't like I would. I love Katelyn's character she's so oppionated lol. Hope you guys are liking the story. Comment, Subscribe, Rate. Love <3