Status: First one I've ever written down, enjoy?

Disasterology

The truth is out

“Here you go.” She says dropping a big bin of DVDs in front of us.

“I guess I’ll go run upstairs and get some pillows and blankets.” As she turns to leave I get up.

“You might need some help.” I say following her to the stairs. My heart was racing, I was finally going to get her alone and tell her how I feel. A sudden rush of thoughts hit me. What if she doesn’t like you back? What if she just laughs at you? What If things get really awkward? I didn’t want to think of the last one… What if she didn’t want to be my best friend anymore? That last one stung. I hope we can still be friends.

“Thanks for helping me so I don’t have to make a dozen trips up and down the stairs.” She says as she opens her closet pulling blankets from the top shelf.

“Whoa!” I grab the pile of blankets as they are about to fall.

“Thanks.” She said a little nervous, and then I realized my face was inches away from hers. She walked over the door and closed it quietly.

“So there was something you needed to tell me? I figured it was personal and you didn't want to say whatever it was in front of the guys.” She said as she sat down on the bed.

“Um… Yeah about that…” My heart was literally about to jump out of my chest. I pace around the room for a few minutes.

“Look if you are not comfortable telling me something, then you don’t have to, but Mike you know I will always be here for you.” She had such a sincere smile. I sit next to her; I can hear the blood pumping in my ears. I look her directly in her eyes.

“Scarlet… I really like you. I mean really, really like you, everything about you. You are so beautiful, from your hair to your tattoos to the scars on your arms. I mean everything. I want to be there for you as more than just a best friend. Truth be told I want to be more than friends, I want you to be mine and mine only.” I felt like I was going to pass out. But hey the truth was out.

She just stared at me when I was done, the silence was killing me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it is super short, but I am working on the next chapter. Hope you like this one. I am going to try to put up the next chapter soon.