Save Me?

Chapter Three

You may say that everyone in this town is normal. If you knew the truth about this town, you would immediately take the word normal back and pray to god that it will be forgotten. But then again, no mortal knows about this place, not a single soul. This town was a secret, completely off the grid to humans. To the human eye, you cannot see this place, none what so ever. But even for a supernatural town, it’s rare that we get a visitor.-

It wasn’t hard to notice the difference in the air immediately once I entered the school. If this would have happened two weeks ago, it probably would have taken me a day or so to notice the difference. I only noticed it because my aunt has been teaching me how to use my senses better. The scent became stronger as I made my way down to my locker, trying to not be too obvious, keeping my eyes down, hiding that they were probably changing to the colors of a fallen and leaving the caster behind. Fallens were better at picking up a new scent than a Caster, something used if they were born on earth.
The smell was familiar, but strange. It was rustic, woodsy. But there was something else. The smell of fresh fallen rain was there, all the scents were leading to one SN. That’s when it hit me; Immortal venom. He was an immortal. The scent became more and more strong. Once I arrived at my locker, the smell hit me like I had just run into a brick wall. Fumbling with my combination, I finally opened it, praying that my eyes where still caster eyes. Looking into the mirror, I let out a sigh of relief. Staring back at me were a pair of caster eyes; my eyes. My left eye shining an amazing gold, almost liquid like, and for my right eye, it held the pale, yet equal amounts of intensity, green. Grabbing my books for the first half of the day, Caster 2134, SN History 4 and Rituals 2157, I slammed my locker and just like that I spotted him. Everyone else’s scent had left the room, only leaving his. And there he was standing 10 feet in front of me, staring right back me, our eyes locking. He had to be at least 6’4, towering me with 4 inches. His skin was pretty tan, he had to either be middle eastern, or just paid for a tan like that. His eyes, a glorious caramel color. His jawline was long, and narrow, but yet it gave him attraction along with his high cheek bones. He was lanky, but you could see the slight muscle to him. But you never under estimated an immortals strength, no matter how thin they looked. I broke our eye lock, and headed straight to my first class, SN History 4. And of course I was at least 5 minutes late. Some things were not allowed in school. Like a normal high school we were allowed to bring drugs or weapons, in which kind of made me laugh at weapons because all of us in this school can be a weapon just being what we are, but that was be sides the point. For drugs we had the standard, don’t bring pot, meth or anything like that, but there was one more thing we had on that list; Immortal Venom.
It was a very recent add to the list because of a rumor that had broken out. Some of the Casters had been taken it, like you would meth, to advance in their classes, especially their rituals and spells class, even their training classes; in hopes to gain their powers early. So once the headman heard about it, he immediately added it to the list and ordered a body check for 3 months for anyone who was bringing it to school, and also random student searches from now on. One other thing was no powers allowed in school unless it is for class purposes. Even though all students didn’t gain their powers till about junior year, it was still implied; even though they were pretty unless at first. But I was different than the others; I gained mine at 14 instead of 16 or 17. But no one at this school besides my best friend, who happens to be my only friend, Rian, knew about what I was. So it was a no go for me to stop time to sneak my way into class, and just act as if the Mr. Merrick didn’t see me when doing attendance.
“I see that you are once again late Gaskarth” Mr. Merrick spoke as I walked in, and headed directly to my seat in the back, walking by the chuckles and giggles I earned. “Hello, nice for you to finally find us Mr. Barakat.”
I didn’t even bother to look up when he spoke the new name as I sat in my head, pulling out my book and basically throwing it onto the desk. When the words he spoke next, “ If you would, take the empty seat next to Mr. Gaskarth in the back.” I didn’t budge, that was until the scent hit me. It was him from earlier. The boy from the hall; the new immortal.
“Hello” I heard from the next desk from me, “The names Barakat. Jack Barakat.” His voice was deep and smooth, but you could hear that he had a small lisp.
“Alex. Alex Gaskarth.” I spoke softly, trying not to make eye contact with him.
“Caster right?”
“How do you know?” and that caused me to turn to face him. His caramel eyes locking with mine once again, like in the hall way. There was really no way to tell if I was a caster unless you caught a sniff of my scent, or if you saw my eyes. That’s when it hit, foolishly forgetting the hall way incident.
“Your eyes. Quiet beautiful if I may say so Alex, truly different than any other Caster’s I have run into” Jack spoke, slightly leaning closer to my desk.
“Thanks I guess” I mumbled turning back to face the front, leaving his eyes by themselves now.
“Barakat, I’ll give you a warning for today, but Gaskarth, you should know better. Please wait till class to get acquainted with one another.” Mr. Merrick spoke, not bothering to turn around from the white board. Damn his powers. Yes, it was normal for all SN’s to have very advanced hearing, but if we couldn’t use our powers, why should they if they teach a class like this. Mr. Merrick used his Caster powers whenever he could, probably just to rub it into our faces that teachers were allowed to use them and not us students.
After about a good 30 minutes after Jack walked into class, I began to hear voices; ones directed to me only. I mean I shouldn’t be worried. I’m a senior, and to everyone’s knowledge I had gained my powers in the last year, just like everyone else, but since I gained mine at age 14 I have never heard voices, yes I had dream walker and dream speaker in my blood, but never have I dared to use it or anyone use it on me.

- Alex, please don’t shut me out. I am not hear to scare you or by any means hurt you. In fact I’m here to protect you.-

‘Then tell me your name’

-I can’t do that.-

‘Then I suggest that you leave me alone, because I will find you’

I was getting pissed by this point. There was no one by me besides Jack, and the chance that an Immortal can be a dream speaker or walker was very slim and very rare. Yes, there have been reports about immortal gaining powers that a caster or a fallen gets. Glancing over to my right, Jack was sitting there working intensely on something that was nowhere near what the notes were.

-If I were you, I would turn back to the front.-

‘Why would I do-‘

“Gaskarth” Mr. Merrick began, “Please tell me, simple question really, what year was the first hybrid fallen-caster recorded? Any then please explain why they didn’t survive past the age of 15” Of course something I knew the most about.

-Year 345-

‘I know that’

“Gaskarth?” Merrick continued to stare me down, pounding me with his eyes. I could feel him trying to force an answer out of me with his powers, but thankfully I was shield it off. He knew what I was doing, using my powers to shield him off.
“The first one recorded was in the year of 345, his name was Kellan Harries, but who knows before than” earning me a harder stare from Merrick, “ and the reason why Kellan was not able to live past 15 was because of what he was. The Culture believed, and still do till this day, that when two powerful SN’s combine their powers will be unbelievable and are these hybrids are thought to be very dangerous as well as very unpredictable. And then there is the chance that they could be light and dark, which is more of dangerous effect, and the list goes on and on, if that enough or do you want to force more answers out of me?”
“That should do it, thank you Mr. Gaskarth.”

-Nice job Gaskarth.-

‘Please don’t call me that. It’s Alex.’

-Actually if you really knew what your name is to me..you know what, forget it-

‘Look, tell me if you want, I’m not gonna force it out of you. I mean I would but I don’t know who you are or if you are real.’

-Why wouldn’t I be real?-

‘You know what it doesn’t matter’

-It matters to me Angel-

‘Angel? Who are you?’

-Your protector. That’s all I can say, I have to go-

‘Wait, please just give me a name’

-Chance. Call me Chance if you need me.-
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this has been forever guys. But i have been having the bad case of writers block, but here it is you guys!! Enjoy my Beauties!!