Inside These Arms Of Yours

Chapter 40

"Awesome. Thanks. I'll be right down to pick it up. Mhmm bye." I made my way down the stairs in time to see Zacky hanging up his cell phone. Today we were heading to the studio a bit later.

"Where are you going?" I questioned as I poured a cup of coffee from the pot.

"I have to go pick something up for my guitar. It'll only take me a few minutes." His reply was hesitant and I could tell that wasn't what he was going to pick up. I nodded knowing he wouldn’t tell me even if I asked. He had that secretive look on his face. But whatever it was he sounded excited about it on the phone so it couldn’t be anything bad.

While Zacky was gone I called Val up to make sure she would be at the studio keeping me sane. Of course, she said she would. Things for the album had gone incredibly smoothly so far and we were making a lot of progress. It would still be a few months until it was finished and mastered but they guys were getting more excited by the day. Jimmy was being a video whore. He carried that damn camera with him everywhere. He had caught some great moments on film and some that were kind of embarrassing, such as the time he caught Zacky and I passed out on the couch in the studio. It had been a late night and we were both exhausted. I ended up on top of Zacky and somehow he ended up with a boner, which Jimmy was quick to point out to the camera.

Papa Gates had stopped by one day so I finally got to meet him. I was rather shocked when the first thing he said to me was "I'm so sorry you got stuck with Baker." Zacky had pouted and hugged me possessively. It was fun to see how Brian interacted with his dad though. They were two peas in a pod and it was clear where Brian learned so much about guitar from.

I was brought out of my thoughts by the sound of the house phone ringing. I jogged into the living room and picked it up.

"I forgot to tell you. We're going to a club tonight. And I don't know if you have club clothes so Val's taking you after the studio to go get some and you'll meet us there." I chuckled at Zacky's eagerness as he chatted away.

"And you couldn’t wait until you got home to tell me this?"

"Fuck no. You had to know now. I'm fucking excited and I can't believe I forgot to tell you before I left."

"Alright hun. Well in that case I better go shower so I'm ready to walk out the door when you get back."

"Yeah that's right. You go get all sexied up for me." we both were silent for a moment before laughing. "Actually, I'll save that for tonight because I know you're gonna look smoking hot."

"Well thanks Zack. Now go run your errand and come back so we can go." I heard the roar of his car stop which meant he had reached his destination.

"Alright. Be home soon. Love ya."

"Love ya too babe." After hanging up I quickly showered and got dressed in a pair of short jean shorts and a tee. Nothing fancy since I would be changing for tonight I guess. I had never been to a club with the guys before but I had heard the stories. Zacky had gone out a few times with the guys and a few of the girls but I was always so exhausted. These guys sure wore me out a lot.

Zacky walked through the door juggling two Starbucks drinks, his keys, cell phone, wallet, and a box under his arm. It was quite the comical sight. I walked over while laughing and took the drinks that looked like they were about to spill on the floor.

"Thanks. That would have been quite the mess."

"It would have. I couldn't let good coffee go to waste." Looking back he had a hurt look on his face.

"You mean you didn’t take it so I wouldn't trip and hurt myself?" I leaned over and gave him a kiss which seemed to give him his answer. I followed him into the kitchen where he sat his things down before rearranging them in his pockets. He left the box on the table and grabbed his coffee before leading me out to the car in the garage.

***

"I broke my sticks again." I looked up and was greeted by the saddest face I think Jimmy could muster. He had already gone through one pair today and it was starting to bug me. We'd get halfway through a song and his sticks would snap in half, meaning we had to start over. I sighed before reaching into a box that was sitting next to me and handing him a new pair.

"I promise I won't break these!" He yelled as he ran back in and sat behind his kit.

"Yeah and that's a promise that will be broken as well." I muttered before giving him the go ahead sign after pressing the right buttons. I became so absorbed in listening to his beats that I didn’t even realize I now had company in the room with me. When I pressed the button to stop recording I turned and almost fell off my chair. Zacky was leaning in the doorway with his arms crossed. The look on his face let me know he had been watching me.

"I love watching you when you're in your element. I've never seen you so focused before."

"Well you could at least let me know you're here so I don’t have a heart attack!" Jimmy chuckled at my little rant as he came back out of the room holding his sticks in the air.

"I didn't break them!" I patted his arm as I stood up and followed the two guys out of the room.

"So we as a group are kicking you out. You're going with Val for the rest of the afternoon." Matt spoke up. He was currently playing chair to Val who was sitting on his lap on the sofa.

"It's a command decision so you have no say. Go buy some super sexy clothes to get me horny tonight." Val and I both rolled our eyes at Zacky's remark while the guys all smirked and laughed. She got up from Matt's lap and made her way to me before linking arms and waving bye over our heads before heading out the door.

***

"Where am I supposed to change into this stuff?" I questioned as Val and I made our way to the car with several bags. We had made a few stops on the way to the club. Apparently, it was some club that the guys were fond of going to when they were in Los Angeles. I personally didn’t see why we couldn’t just go to Johnny's.

"You can change in the back room they have there. I've done it before." I didn’t press on but figured I would just trust Val and wait until we got there. I glanced down at my bags and hoped Zacky would like the outfit I picked out.

We reached the club about fifteen minutes later and Val parked the car on the side, handed the keys to the valet and dragged me around to the back of the building. She grinned at me before swinging the back door open and rushing inside.

"Hey Mike! This is Katie. She's Zack's girl. Can she use the backroom to change?" Val addressed a middle aged man, whom I presumed was the owner of the club.

"Val you know you guys have free roam of this club. Do as you please. Nice to meet you Katie." I only had time to smile and wave at Mike before I was once again being drug through the club. Another door opened and Val turned to lock it. I quickly changed into my outfit and shoved my old clothes into my bag.

"Girl Zacky is going to get an instant boner when he sees you." I glanced down at my magenta corset top and short black skirt. The top had laces going down the back and was a sort of halter top. It had thin strings that tied around my neck, but in all honesty they didn’t help hold anything up. The skirt was simple, yet made me look "totally fuckable" as Val had put it bluntly. It was super short and black. It had one simple chain hanging from the side but other than that it was fairly simple. Val had taken my hair and ruffled it up so it had the wild look going on. My make-up was fine we had determined but my shoes needed to be changed. Since I'm not really a high heels kind of girl, especially when it comes to clubs, I just changed out of my converse and into a pair of black flip flops.

"Ready to knock em dead?" Val placed her hand on her hips before motioning to the door that led out to the club.

"Oh you bet. Let's bring it." And with that we re-entered the steamy club in search of the guys.
♠ ♠ ♠
im super sorry this took so long! and that it's fillerish. but hte next one will pick up right where this one left off.

i finally made it to DC and am still trying to adjust... like big time! its certainly not california.

i don't get internet until monday and i really havent had much time to type as im trying to learn the area and find stuff for our new house. so bare with me please!
hope this one was at least an alright chapter... and again... im sorry it's kinda short.