Status: ;3 Active & my favorite idea. <3

The Return.

Home

My front teeth grit tightly on my pointer fingernail. This was a bad habit I used to do back in my school years. I awkwardly look over at Dakota. Her hands are firmly placed on the steering wheel, elbows straight and eyes narrow. I guess she brings out the worst in me.

Her I-pod is plugged into the stereo, but it's not on. I'm not about to go touching her stuff. A piece of my mind is still on the idea that she is some freak of nature, and if I touch her stuff it will infect me. My voice pounds on my throat, begging for me to bring up the matter. I'm starting to think I'm the crazy one. She led me to believe that she was, so I have no apologies to condone.

The sun is setting in the east and even though the weather is very gloomy. It still remains beautiful. The radiating oranges, yellows, and reds make me think of Jana: warm skin, soft color of the sun hair.

It burns! My blood drips down from my pointer and onto my thumb. I have bitten too far. I wipe the blood off on my pants and continue to stare out the window.

I knew the house was a bit of a road trip, considering the town fleeted from the hauntedness of the house. But where is she taking me? I've seen these streets before. I've walked them.
I've...

"I hope you don't mind, but we are going to spend the night first at my..." Dakota spoke as we pulled into a familiar driveway. I unbuckle my seat belt, pull myself up out of her small car and made my way to her side of the car. I glare at the small grey mediocre house in front of me. It was vacant. The driver side door shuts, and I turn to face Dakota.

I push my hands deep into my pockets while looking into her empty eyes.

"You still live here?" I ask, taking a few steps towards her. Dakota licks her chapped lips and doesn't respond. I start to get closer to her. She quickly steps backwards. Her eyes are not paying attention to me. She turns and walks to the side of the house. Dakota unlatches the fence's lock, pushes it open and moves to the other side.

"I always hopped that fence when I could have done that?" I murmur effortlessly. She scoffs and pushes the gate closed behind her.

I'm puzzled at her action, and then I remember. Every time she would sneak me over. She did the same thing, trying to prevent her small Chow Chow from escaping. She rolls her eyes and pushes it open again.

I don't mention it and continue to follow her to the back. Dakota pulls off the screen and pushes the window open. She climbs into the window and I do the same. It's much easier now that I'm stronger and taller.

I'm about to speak, but I stop myself when I start to see her green eyes glisten with tears. In all the time that I knew her...she never cried in front of me. She was raised with brothers. Her father would always tell them as a group that crying was for pussies.

Now, Jana on the other hand. She used to cry a lot. I believed it to be my fault but it seems that she's just is an emotional girl. At least that is what her folks told me.

I love that about her though. She is so passionate about everything. When she is mad she is MAD. But when she is happy, I am too.

"They left me," Dakota finally utters out painfully. Her lips quiver as if some long blade is being jabbed into her spine. I walk closer to her. I can't see anything hurting her. Dakota's eyes finally trail to mine and I'm speechless.

Thousands of words run through my mind but I can't manage to make them come out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image