Status: My grammar is really bad guys. I'm so sorry!

The Things We Wanted Most

Attack Attack! - The Wretched

When we got to the diner, I noticed Mitchell's bike in the small bike rack. I smiled to myself, knowing that old man wouldn't go a day without stopping by to see me. Mike sat on my right while I sat in the middle, him not letting me sit on the other seat by the window. He held my left hand in his right, rubbing his thumb across my knuckles lightly. My head was resting on his shoulder as the boys drove. Vic was in his own car, trailing along behind us. The plan was to leave from the diner, so they would need their own way home.

"What are you smiling about?" Mike asked me. He reached a hand out to me, after he stepped out of the truck.

"Thanks, and I'll get to see Mitchell one last time." He smiled down at me, as we walked to the small building. Jaime, Vic, and Tony were walking ahead of us, seeming to give us some time.

"You won't have to say good bye to him. We can come back and visit him." When we entered diner, I noticed we sat in Tom's section. He was a decent person, we just never talked, and never had the same shit. The boys had sat in a different section then Mitchell, so when Mike went to sit with his boys I pulled on his arm, trying to get him to stop walking.

"I need to go over there, for a second. To say goodbye." He nodded slightly down at me, before slipping his hand from mine. Turning to face the booth Mitchell sat in, I let out a breath to control my breathing and then began to walk towards the father like figure.

"Hello Mitchey," I stated, "Mind if I sit?" He paused from eating his meal, smiling up at me and nodded his head, in an invitation. I sat at the opposite booth bench, crossing my arms and resting them on the table.

"What are you doing here love? Today's your day off."

"I could ask the same to you old man." I grinned back at him. He was the only, constant person I had in my life.

"What can I do you for my sweet?" I looked down at my hands, feeling slightly incommodious.

"Actually, I want you to tell me how your day has been going first. I don't think I'm ready to talk yet."

"I woke up, and Lacey and I went for a walk. Then I received a call. From Nicholas." At his last sentence I looked up, and I was instantly curious.

"He's meeting me here, to talk. Says he found a girl, they want to get married, and he wants me in the wedding." Talking about this, it lit up his face. His eyes were so bright and clear, something they hadn't been since I met him. My chest flooded with happiness, that he would get to fix things with his son. Someone that he loved. I was glad that I decided to talk to him before we left, because talking to him, it proved to me that this was okay to leave.

"What did you want to talk about now, Princess?" He questioned. I looked down at my hands again, which were now clasped together on top of the table.

"I'm leaving." I whispered.

"Angela, look at me." His voice said, littered with old age and wisdom. I turned my gaze to his face, taking in the wrinkles and big, square glasses.

"I'm so glad that you are finally leaving this good for nothing town. Okay, I'm not disappointed at all. Your dad wasn't good for you and maybe now that you are leaving you'll finally get yourself back. I knew these boys would be good for you! Just don't forget me."

I smiled at him, before noticing someone standing next to our table. He looked like the boy, Mitchell had shown me a countless amount of times, through a wallet sized picture.

"I'll let you guys catch up." I said, standing up from the booth. Mitchell stood up as well, pulling me into a hug.

"Don't forget about little old me." He whispered into my hair.

"I won't ever Mitchey."

"And, let Mike in okay? I know how you are." I smiled at him.

"Don't going breaking this old mans heart okay? I need him in my wedding." I said to Nicholas. He smiled over at me, awkwardly looking at his hands, like I was doing a few minutes before. I knew I couldn't leave without saying goodbye to him, and I'm glad it could end like this. It felt like I could breathe way better, now that I knew I wasn't leaving anyone behind. When I got to the booth the boys were sitting in, Mike had stood up from the booth bench, letting me slide in. I liked that about him. He seemed to stand or sit with him using himself as a barrier. It was rather cute to be honest, him trying to be all protective and manly. But to be honest, he doesn't need to try to be protective or manly, he kind of just put that image out with how he acted. When he slid in next to me, he wrapped his arm around my shoulders, kissing my temple, and then pushed his plate of garlic fries in front of me.

"We got you your paycheck by the way." Tony announced, pushing a white envelope across the sticky tables.

"Thanks Master Jedi." I giggled towards him. Jaime, Vic, Mike, and Tony all stared at me like I was crazy.

I sighed, "Your tattoos on your knuckles." I rolled, my eyes playfully, before dipping a fry into the ketchup concoction that had taken over a small plate.

"What is this?" I asked, curiously.

"Ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard, and pickle relish." Mike innocently described. I looked over at him in disgust, and chose to hold the fry I had contaminated to his mouth. He bit it from my fingers, laughing at my facial expression after he had swallowed.

"Just try it Angel. Live a little." I looked at him like he was crazy. He just made his eyes go bigger and pouted his lower lip. Giving in, I carefully placed the strange object into my mouth.

"Sooooooo?" He dragged out.

"Honestly? It's surprisingly good."

"HA! Told you!" He stuck his tongue out at me, which I successfully grabbed with my fingers. He looked silly, with his tongue stuck between my fingers. I was giggling like crazy, while him trying to look get his tongue back.

"This is why we don't do this." I said, smartly.

"Give meh ma ton bath." I laughed even harder, his tongue slipping through my fingertips.

"Next time. You just watch out lady." I noticed it was silent from across the booth. I looked over at the boys, and saw that they were all giving us a strange look. After a couple of seconds of silence, Jaime spoke up.

"We should get going." There it was. Reality, coming to sneak up on me and ruin every fun moment. We all slid out of the booth and stepped out of the diner.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dem Clothes

Special thanks to my constant commenters

@Wewerejustkidsinlove
@ Steffi3991
@Howaboutno
@LucyTheLion

I love you guys and I hope you enjoy this chapter! I have work this week so I'll try to write there and post when I get home, but it's going to be iffy because work sucks and it makes me tired..... :D