Status: My grammar is really bad guys. I'm so sorry!

The Things We Wanted Most

We Are The In Crowd - Never Be What You Want (Acoustic)

Letting out another shaky breath, I felt my body physically deflate. I made my way up the staircase, trying to force all of my thoughts about my previous conversation away. I found Mike laying across my bed with my bin of records on the side of the bed. He was shuffling through it, seemingly impressed by my collection.

"Having fun?" I questioned, smiling down at him from beside the bed. He looked over his shoulder at me, grinning rather cheesily back, and then moving to sit up fully.

"We're bringing this with us. I don't even know how you managed to collect all these. But anyways, what did you and Vic talk about?" He asked, reaching forward and grabbing onto the belt loops in front of my hips, pulling me towards him. Deciding not to lie to him, I wrapped my uninjured arm around his neck, and rested my head on top of his.

"He wanted to know why your so trusting to me." He wrapped his arms around my lower back, pushing his face into my abdomen.

"And he asked me to protect you." I giggled, trying to make it sound better. I didn't want to lie to him. I couldn't lie to him. He scoffed, and twisted his body and fell back onto the bed pulling me with him. I squealed loudly as I fell onto the soft mattress, his body now hovering above mine.

"I don't need protection niƱa tonta." He laughed out, running his hand across my stomach. A tingling sensation followed where his finger tips left there trail. His calloused fingers felt good across my smooth skin. When we both finished our laughing fit, we ended up staring into each others eyes. The atmosphere changed to a serious one all of the sudden, as I looked into his chocolate orbs. Smiling a little small smile at him, I ran my fingers down his jaw line.

"I know you don't." I whispered. He rolled off of me keeping his arm under my head so I was laying on his shoulder. His fingers were gently rubbing my shoulder.

"Thank you for getting me out of here Mikey." I whispered into his shirt.

"Anything for you baby, anything." We stayed there for another couple of minutes before he made me get up to get packed. He had brought me boxes so I didn't have to worry. I got my duffle bag out and packed the pairs of jeans, eight t-shirts, two pairs of leggings, two shorts, three tank tops, a pair of sweat pants and another pair of converse. I had made Mike turn around when it came to my undergarments, but I packed enough to last me before I packed my toiletry bag into the duffle, quickly counting back in my head to make sure I wouldn't get my monthly gift. I had Micheal pack all my books, asking him if he could donate them to a library or a teen shelter. I packed away my record player, telling him he better take care of it. I emptied out my school bag into the trash and then stuffed my laptop into the black, canvased Jansport. Throwing my phone and Ipod charger into it, I zipped it up and placed it beside my duffle bag and then added a blanket and a pillow to the growing pile. I peeled off my bed covers and folded it neatly into a box. Mike also packed away my pictures and put them in the same box as my pillows. When we were done he took my boxes and put them in his house, telling me he would put them in his moving truck.

I carried my two bags downstairs and he carried my blanket and pillows. We sat down on the front porch steps, I leaned into his chest as I sat in between his legs.

"Angel? Do you want to write your dad a letter?" His question took me off guard as he handed me a notebook and a pencil.

"You don't have to, but I know he's the only family you have left." He reasoned. Sighing, I slipped the supplies from his hands and opened the book to a new page. He bent his knees up so I could put my elbows on his thighs. He slipped his arms around my stomach pulling me closer into him. I knew he wouldn't read over my shoulder, instead closing his eyes and leaning his head back against the porch railing. I knew this because I looked up at him and found this out. I still found it difficult to write the letter though, so all I did was explain why I left and to not look for me until he was better. I hoped he would get better. We sat there, on the porch for a good while. Basking in the afternoon sunlight, I found myself thinking back to everything that had happened this week. Meeting Micheal was probably one of the best things that had ever happened to me and yet I still felt a little sad.

Sad, because my mom could never meet this man that, somehow found his way into my life. I wanted her to meet him, I wanted them to get along. I didn't think my feelings could ever be more than what we have right now. This friendship. But I knew I loved Micheal a little different than the others. Mitchell was always talking about love at first sight and all that romantic, fairy tale mumbo jumbo. I never thought I would believe it. My mom would know what to tell me, to help me understand this. My mom could never see me happy. But I don't think I would be unhappy if my mom was still alive, everything would be normal and I wouldn't have met Mike.

"Hey guys!" I heard someone yell. Looking up and to my left I saw Jaime and Tony step out of a black Nissan SUV. I looked down and noticed I was subconsciously rubbing my fingers across Micheal's wrist which was still around my stomach.

"Hi Jaime." For a minute, I thought Mike had fallen asleep, but when he mumbled a response the same response as me, I rethought that idea.

"Don't sound so glum mate. You'll see each other in a week." Jaime retorted back to Mikey as he skipped over to my driveway. When he got to the steps, he held his hand out to me, as if to lift me up. I connected hands with him, knowing I would have to do it sometime. I felt Mikes hands follow me as I stood up, his arms slowly falling short of the distance put between us.

"Umm, my stuff is right over there. I just...um I have to go put this in the mailbox. I'll be back in a minute." They nodded at me, slowly moving out of my way. Breathing out, I looked back at Mike and saw him standing on the top step of the porch. His arm was crossed over his chest, his other arm molded across his left arm. He nodded his head at me with an encouraging smile etched onto his beautifully tan face. Making my way over to our classic white mailbox, I made sure I had written everything I needed to say. Even though my dad was a living hell, I still loved him and I needed him to understand that, because I would need my dad my entire life, and I didn't want to miss out on the things my dad could do with me. When I looked over the mailbox, Tony and Jaime were hovering near the truck. I let my eyes sweep along further but couldn't land a sight on the tall, lanky man.

"Where's Mikey?" I asked the two maniacs, who were rummaging through a couple of Walmart bags when I made my way over to the mobile.

"Went into the house for a second, said no to leave without him. Like we would anyways." Jaime announced, rolling his eyes.

"Jaime agreed to drive for the first shift, you get passenger." Tony told me.

"Where's your osioto?" Vic asked me, creeping up from behind, and efficiently scaring me.

"Osioto?" My Spanish accent wasn't as good as his, making the word sound extremely bad.

"He said, where's your teddy bear?" I heard Mike's raspy voice say from behind me again. I looked up at him in confusion, at both the question and the pile of stuff he had in his arms.

"He meant Mike. Because he acts all soft and cuddly with you. and only you." Jaime said, with a mocking tone. I giggled softly, realizing their accusations were true. Mike jabbed his finger into my side, making me gasp up at him. I had a feeling, if I stayed around these boys, I would be doing a lot of looking up.

"We should be going to the diner, now boys." Jaime announced suddenly, an expression of excitement enter his facial features. Mike's expression seemed to change drastically at his best friends news. He shuffled to the trunk, something odd for his personality, pushing his pile of what seemed to be clothing, before he unzipped my duffle bag.

"We packed away all your sweatshirts before we could put one in. So you can borrow two of mine. And in case your hair gets to be to much, two of my beanies." Mike said, shoving the said clothing into my bag. He kept one hoodie outside of the bag though. When he closed the trunk, he turned to face me, holding out the black zip up, to put my arms through. I did as intended and watched with teary eyes as he zipped up the over sized sweat shirt. When he was done, he placed his arm over my shoulder and he led me to the car. We all climbed in and made our way to the small diner where I worked.
♠ ♠ ♠
Clothes

More up later!!! I love you guys!!