Status: My grammar is really bad guys. I'm so sorry!

The Things We Wanted Most

Boomerang - The Summer Set

"So I told him to suck it up, get over the fact that a girl had out rapped him and shake her hand like a real man." Kellin finished telling me. At the end of his story, I was pretty much laughing so hard tears were falling from my eyes. Jaime and Jesse who were standing in the same circle as us, were laughing at me. I know they had heard that story before, because they had egged Kellin on when the story was brought up. Mike, of course protested, and when the story began, he proceeded to pout. He still had his arm wrapped protectively around my waist, but he was no longer facing me.

"C'mon babe! It wasn't even that bad." I insisted, trying to keep a straight face in order to make Mike believe me. He twisted his head farther away from me, so he was no longer facing me in his peripheral vision. I sighed dramatically, stifling a smile and wrapped my hands around his left shoulder. My left hand was wrapped around the front, on his chest and the top of his shoulders, and my right hand was located on his shoulder blade, my fingers wrapping around the top of his shoulder and intertwined with my other fingers.

"Is widdle Mikey embarrassed?" I cooed in his ear, having pulled him down to my level, just so I could mess with him.

"No." He answered shortly. I buried my face into his forearm, trying to hold stifle the sound of my laughing.

"Then why are you pouting?" I ask after several moments of fighting my laughter back.

"I'm not." He insisted. I suddenly got an idea, rolling my forehead against Michaels forearm, and looking over in Jaime's direction. I winked over at my beefy partner in crime and squealed to myself when he winked back.

"Fine. C'mon Jaime. Lets go cause havoc somewhere. " he nodded at me, mock saluting Tony, passing his beer to a random party-goer and squatting in front of me. I giggled, leaning on my toes to give Mike a kiss on the cheek and then threw myself onto Jaime's back, enjoying myself when he grunted but otherwise didn't fall over. He led us out of the kitchen and into the crowded living room. I held Jaime a bit tighter, feeling anxiety flip in my chest.

"Hey babe, move my hat! I can barely see!" Jaime shouted up at me. His fingers squeezed my thighs, letting me know he had me. I unwound my right arm and stole his cowboy hat, placing it on my own head. He led us outside onto the porch, backing into a railing and letting me side off, to rest on the porch railing. Our backyard was rather huge, or at least big enough to fit a pool, and a gazebo. The gazebo was surrounded by a beautiful garden, but where the entrance was empty, a path leading to it and the rest grass. Which was now covered by groups of people, talking, dancing and mingling. A band had made its way onto our make-shift stage (the gazebo), playing an unfamiliar song, yet still enjoying the stage anyways.

"Great getaway," Jaime commented, coming around to stand in between my legs, his bak facing me, his eye scanning the yard. People milled around our home, friends of the two bands and friends of those friends.

"Thanks. He wasn't really upset. I just decided to be mean to him." I shrugged it off.

"Are you okay?" He questioned, looking back at me. I nodded enthusiastically, giggling out loud, when Mike's familiar voice appeared behind me. He had cleared his throat loudly, standing in front of Jaime, crossing his arms. He glared at his friends, mockingly.

"Don't you two look cozy." I stuck my tongue out at him, screwing my face to look weird.

"Will you go sing Hime-Time?" I questioned him, leaning my chin on his shoulder blade. The band had just gotten off the stage, leaving the party music less. Honestly, I loved Jaime's voice and on the road trip, I begged him to sing all the time. He sighed jokingly, pushing himself out from my legs.

"Tony!" He shouted, not really needing to, as the man was walking passed. Tone stopped, looking over at us.

"Play guitar for me." Jaime asked him, looking pointedly at the stag. Tony immediately looked at me, knowing I was the one who asked. I giggled innocently at the tattooed man. He nodded, sidestepping Mike and planted a sloppy kiss on my forehead. I laughed loudly, shoving at his chest when he blew loudly on my skin, giving me a zerbert. Warmth spread through my body.

"Tortue!" I let out. After they left, Mike Hume loudly. I finally looked up at him he was smiling warmly at me, staring at me peacefully.

"What?" A small smile lighting up my face.

"Nothing, Angel," he insisted. I lifted my legs and held my arms out to Michael, who looked at me like I was amazing.

"Come be my boyfriend, Mikey." I whispered, adding the effective pouty lip. He sauntered up to m, sliding easily in between my legs like Jaime had. His butt relaxed against the railing and he leaned his elbows on my thighs, looking out at the yard. I snaked my arms around his shoulders, so my hands loosely fell on his pecks. My chin rested on his left shoulder, and I relaxed completely against his body basking in his warmth.

"Are you having a good time ladies and gents?" Jaime shouted across the yard. He got a handfuls of shouts back causing him and Tony to break out in large grins.

"Tonight I'll be borrowing someone else's song. I think it truly fits this marvelous evening. This ones for you." He looked over at Tony, nodding and Tony began to strum on his acoustic guitar.

"Surrounded by familiar faces, the people that you love to see. Where everybody knows your name, and they're smiling." Jaime's strong voice paused before Tony's melted into the song.

"We may not be gettin' younger, our days might be slippin' away. Yeah we're still so fucking young, so we'll party like it's our last day." Then their voices blended together, I had closed my eyes and my heart melted when I realized how true these lyrics were. How they seemed to be directed at me.

"And for the first time, I feel less alone. And for the first time, I can call this home."

"This is where you guys join in," Jaime winked out to the growing crowd.

"It's our last time, to say goodnight. Don't say goodbye, 'cause in the morning we'll, we'll see you around. And we'll sing it again, same time tomorrow, yeah we'll all join in." The crowd belted with the boys, who smiled with pride.

"This is who you are now Angel." Mike whispered to me. His mouth brushed my cheek as he faced me and I faced the stage.

"You can be who you were meant to be. You don't have to worry about your dad. People won't get in your way. Live your wildest dreams. I'll be here forever."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! I'm so sorry it's been so long since I've updated! I hate to say it but I've gotten some major writers block and I hope that that has gone away. I've found my temporary inspiration. Landon and Sarah are finally together and still cute as ever. My concert is going along greatly. I don't know how much longer I have left with this story though.

What do you guys want to see with this story now? Mike and Angela have their happy ending. Should I stop here and start my Austin Carlile fanfic? I've already made plans with another author, who wants to use some of my characters, so you will still see Angela and Mike together in her story.

What do you guys think? Talk to me duckies!?!?

Love you guys!