Status: My grammar is really bad guys. I'm so sorry!

The Things We Wanted Most

Patty Walters-Crash Land

His question took me by surprise. I re-wrapped my arms around myself.

"Of course." I answered automatically, "Why wouldn't I be?"

"There's a bruise on your cheek." Jaime announced suddenly. My hand flew to my cheek, wincing slightly when I touched it. I looked up at Mike, his eyes widened. I forgot to retouch my cover up before I left! Crap! Think Angela think.....Bingo!

"It's probably just coffee or something. I'll just go wash it off." I told them. Before I could walk off Mike had pulled me into a hug.

"There my best friends Angel. I can't lie to them if they ask." He whispered into my ear. I sucked in a breath. My heart began to race in my chest and I'm sure he could hear it beating erratically. He released me and I forced myself to calmly walk back into the diner and then into the restroom. I leaned my body against the bathroom sink, staring at myself in the mirror. 3 more months.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Mikes POV

I watched her as she glided back into the small diner. Nobody deserved what she has to go through.

"She's never let anyone near her, Mike." Tony said. I looked down at my best friend with a confused expression.

"She never had friends at school." Jaime explained.

"Why are you any different?" Tony asked himself. I shrugged my shoulders, even though I already new, and stuffed my hands in my pockets.

"She feels safe with me." I answer non-nonchalantly.

"What was with the whole coffee thing? It looked like a bruise, but in the shape of a hand but that doesn't make sense and why does she care if she is safe, I mean besides the normal things of wanting to be safe but yeah."

"How long have you guys known her?" I ask them. I needed them to figure it out themselves, I feel like I would betray her if I outright told them. I could barely control my anger towards her father whenever I thought about it.

"A while, man. She has always gone to our school." Tony says.

"And you have never noticed anything?" I push.

"She was always really quiet, it got worse after her mother and brother died. Doing her work by herself. She was amazing with cars though." Jaime remembered.

"She hid everything well, long sleeves, her bangs always hid her face...she was always really quiet." Tony looked like he was trying to remember something.

"And?"" I urged. I didn't have much time, she would be coming out soon. I heard the door open. I looked up, seeing her walk towards us.

"When you figure it out, don't freak out." They both nodded, eyes wide. You could no longer see the exposed bruise. I also noticed she had changed into a different outfit, her backpack resting on her shoulder. She was wearing black skinny jeans, a white, tight fitting long sleeve shirt, that had the metal mullisha logo on it.

"Hello Angel." I greeted her. A small smile graced her lips and she swept her bangs out of her face with her fingers.

"That's what your mom called me last night." She said quietly. Her eyes shined in the light, the sun making her grey eyes look smokey.

"You understood my ma?" I asked her, looking over at the guys.

"Bits and pieces, I don't know what she said fully, just the Angel piece." She shuffled in her place beside me.

"You've met his mom?" Jaime asked, loudly might I add. Her eyes widened and she slid closer to me. I reached behind her and slipped her backpack off her shoulders. I put the strap around my shoulder and then pulled her body closer to mine, slipping my arm around her shoulders. I notice her physically relax against mine.

"She invited me over to dinner tonight." We stood there in a silence after that. Jaime and Tony staring oddly at me and Angela.