Status: My grammar is really bad guys. I'm so sorry!

The Things We Wanted Most

We The Kings - Heaven Can Wait (Acoustic)

He grabbed my hand and began to pull me forward.

"Directly adjacent to yours." We walked down a hallway until we met a door. He opened it and led me in.

"We aren't staying long. Just 3 months. My ma does interior design, so she is getting this place ready for a family." I nodded my head taking in the furniture and boxes pushed to the middle of the room.

"Are you helping?"

"Apparently there is a teenage boy who has the same style as me. I figured I would help my mom, before I leave on a 6 month tour." He said as he poured black paint in a container so we could roll paint rollers in it. I set to work with painting the white walls a new color.

"A tour?" I ask, wiping my hair from my eyes.

"I'm in a band. Pierce the Veil." The name sounded familiar to me. I racked my brain for ideas of where I've heard them before.

"My brother, Tony and Jaime." Realization struck as a memory hit of Jaime and Tony talking about a tour they went on in the Diner.

"You must get a lot of girls," I told him.

"Not really." He answered back. Turning to another wall, I rolled the paint brush across the white fixture. I looked over him with a confused look on my face when his words sunk in

"I mean, nobody really pays attention to the drummer. All they want is the front man." He elaborated. My confidence seemed to rise as I looked back towards the wall. I think it had something to do with the warm aura that wrapped around me, from Mike's body.

"I don't like the spot light anyway." I told him. He grinned at me in response. Once we finished the walls I laid down onto the ground next to the paint dish. Mike stood next to me, placing the roller back into the dish. My jean clad legs bent slightly but still lay flat, my arms folded over my stomach.

"You have paint on your face." He said suddenly. I reached up to touch my face, trying to get the paint off. When I couldn't feel any I looked over at him. He now was hovering above me. His full weight was on his knees which were surrounding my waist, so he looked like he was straddling me. Normally I would be afraid of this, but I found myself more comfortable then ever. Before I could understand what was happening, he had smeared the black paint across my cheek. I gasped, immediately grasping his wrist with my hand.

"You did not just do that!" I laughed out.

"I believe I did Angel. Are you going to do anything about it?" He said back to me, chuckling at my laugh. I slyly pushed my hand into the paint container, while squirming underneath him. He grabbed my waist to keep me from moving. I took this as my chance to paint him up. I lifted my hand up but he moved his head before I touched his cheek.

"Don't you dare." He laughed down at me.

"Do what?" I asked innocently. He kept my body from moving underneath him which meant he couldn't grab my hand to stop me.

"Don't do it love." He said darkly, with a joking manner. Before he could stop me I slapped my hand on his cheek, gently smearing the paint in the form of my hand print. His mouth gaped open in surprise and I dropped my hand, giggling like crazy.

"You did not just do that." He mocked me.

"I think I just did." He got this mischievous glints in his eyes, before he pinned my above my head with one hand.

"You shouldn't do what your about to do?" I told him.

"Oh really?" He mocked down at me. I watched him as he dipped his long finger into the black paint.

"Yeah, because I'm eating dinner here and you know you won't let me go home and I want to look respectful for your mom." As I was talking he lifted his hand, threatening to touch me with the wet paint.

"But see, there is already paint on you." I looked away from him, exposing my cheek but loosing eye contact with his deep orbs. I felt him smear the paint across my cheek to match the other one, he called my name softly and I looked up at him. Before I could turn away again he ran his finger down the contours of my nose. He was laughing really hard by now , his body hovering over mine. I could imagine what we must of looked like, paint all over us. He rolled onto the floor next to me.

"Now that we are all painted up,what's next?"

"Why don't we change and while we wait for the paint to finish drying and then we can finish hanging stuff up." I nodded at him, standing up.

"Just wait here while I run downstairs to change my shirt and I'll come back up." I walked over to his bed, pulling off the plastic cover before laying down on it. I let my thoughts race over everything that happened today. Me trusting him so easily. Letting him play with me without getting scared. Now I had no idea how I was getting back into the house without my dad seeing me. I knew I would be in a huge amount of trouble, because I didn't follow his directions of coming home on time. It was only 2:30 which meant he hadn't left yet for work.

"A penny for your thoughts." I heard a voice say by head. I tuned back into reality, noticing Mike sitting next to my head on the floor. He was now wearing a white Rolling Stones tank top. He still had on his paint splattered jeans, but they looked good on him. The paint was washed off his face.

"My dads going to be home, if I walk over there." I whispered. He reached his hand to my face, brushing stray hairs off my forehead.

"So don't go over there." He stated.

"I have to change. Your making me go to your band practice. I can't wear paint splattered clothes in front of your mom, either."

"Why not?"

"Because she is your mom." I exclaimed.

"Well most of my clothes are still in boxes otherwise I would lend you some." He sighed, looking over at the window. Suddenly his face lit up, as if he had and idea.

"I do you feel about sneaking in?"
♠ ♠ ♠
outfits