Status: My grammar is really bad guys. I'm so sorry!

The Things We Wanted Most

A Rocket To The Moon: Whole Lotta You

I pushed myself up to a sitting position, looking at him, my brow raised.

"What are you thinking?"

"Your window unlocked?" He asked me. My realization struck my features hard.

"Your suggesting I climb across that tree and into my window."

"Why not? That branch can support our weight all the way across." He said walking over to his window. He pulled it open and popped out the screen before I could even protest.

"It's dangerous Mike!" I sucked in a breath as he climbed onto the window ledge.

"Live a little Angel. I'll be on this branch with you. If you want, I'll hold your hand." He said balancing is feet on the branch, leaving enough room for me to climb on.

"I'm not holding your hand! You have to hold onto something that isn't unstable."

"Babe, I'll be stable enough for the both of us." He held out his hand to me, beckoning me forward and out the window. Taking a deep breath, I swung my legs over the window seal and balancing my weight on the over sized tree trunk. Mike turned around so his back was facing me.

"If you start to feel like your falling just grab a hold of me okay?" I nodded even though I knew he couldn't see me. I kept my eyes on the branch below my feet. Every time I could feel my body lean a little to much to the left or right my heart would leap in my chest.The branch protruded from the trunk about 2 feet on either side. Mike stayed directly in front of me until we reached the tree trunk.

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

"Wobbly." My eyes were still on my feet as I slowly stopped behind Mike.

"Step in front of me, so you can open your window." He said. He leaned all his weight against the trunk of the tree, holding both arms out in front of him so I could slip past him. I grabbed onto his right wrist, feeling him lock his hand around my wrist. Once I was past him, I took my hand back from his and continued my trek across the thick branch. I was surprised my supreme balancing skills had allowed me to successfully cross the tree.

When I made it to my window. I leaned my lower body against the window rail, so I could use my upper body strength to push up the window. After I did that, I let out a breath, fearing that the squeak of the window was heard downstairs. I slowly climbed into my window, the seat below it making it easier. Mike followed behind me and then sat down on the seat.

"Um, I have to go downstairs to check on things with my dad after I get this paint off of me." I said, looking at him while walking backwards towards my closet

"Are you sure about that." He answered back, worry evident in his deep voice.

"I have to." I whispered. My jeans didn't have any paint splatters on them so I just grabbed a clean black t-shirt that was a little fancier than what I would normally wear. When I moved over to the bathroom it was silent. He didn't say anything. I switched shirts and wiped the paint off of my face.

"Don't cover up the bruise." I heard threw the door. Panic welled up inside my stomach. I swung open my bathroom door, finding that Mike was leaning against the door frame. I turned my back to him, facing the mirror again. He locked eyes with me through it, crossing his arms over his chest.

"They won't ask questions." He said.

"How can you be sure of that Mikey."

"I'll ask them not to. They'll respect your wishes." I breathed out slowly, still gazing into Mike's eyes. I was pulled out, when I heard a thump downstairs. I turned on the water in the shower, so my father wouldn't hear us talking. The sentence he said about his friends, in from of the diner lingered in my mind.

"Listen to me, Angela." Mike said, he startled me, causing my attention to turn to him.

"I know you feel like you can't let me in. That whatever that man, down there, did to you has caused you to turn away from everything that feels safe. And I can deal with you being afraid of me, but I want you to let me in." He finished his speech, and he looked down at me carefully. I wanted to let him in badly, my brain battling within itself. But I knew that I couldn't let him in. He seemed to sense my hesitation because he moved closer to me, wrapping his arm around my waist. His touch brought tears to my eyes as he allowed his warmth to surround me. I wasn't majorly sobbing, salty tears were rolling down my cheeks at a steady pace though. I haven't felt that much warmth in a year. The last time my mom ever hugged me before she passed away.

"I'll be here forever and you'll leave soon. Everyone who cares about me, leaves." I mumbled against his chest.

"That's not true." He announced," I'm taking you with me." He said it with seriousness in his voice. I pulled away from him, still leaving enough room so he still was holding me.

"The boys and I are leaving in 2 weeks. Heading down to San Diego. Your dad won't be able to find us."

"I can't let you do that." I told him, shaking my head slightly.

"Yes, you can." He held my eyes with his, making me keep concentration on him. I pulled out of his arms completely, putting my hand to my forehead.

"I need to think," I whispered.
♠ ♠ ♠
outfit