Sequel: My Worst Enemy
Status: completed!

Almost Too Much

True Colors

Carabella's POV--

I was getting extremely frustrated with this make up artist.

"Seriously, I'm not THAT ugly. You do not need to cake on this shit." I spat, upset with how I was going to look. I wasn't much for too much make up, and when I did, it was beiges and browns.

"Bell, chill. When you're on film under lights, they have to put on a lot of make up or you'll look dead." Mariela chuckled, thoroughly enjoying the pampering.

I always had envied Mariela. She always told me I was the gorgeous one. I was pretty, sure. But Mariela had these eyes, I have no idea how she got them. She was 75% Puerto Rican, and somehow she ended up with these pale green eyes. Almost seafoam colored. Her blonde hair of course was dyed, but it looked nice against her lightly tanned skin. The red splashes in the front only made her eyes stand out more. She was the gorgeous one.
Mariela stood up to go look in the full length mirror at the finished. When she walked, she strutted. Thats how she walked everywhere. Like no matter who saw her and where, they'd notice her presence.

She made a face in the mirror and examined her body. Which was perfect, of course.

"Hey, Car." Kellin's voice snapped me out of my inner-monologue.

"Yeah?" I turned in the swivel chair to look at him.

"Is Mariela seeing someone?" He asked me. My heart dropped. Was my ex honestly asking me if my best friend was single? Oh my god.

"No. She isn't." I said shortly.

"Woah, chill with the hostility. I wasn't asking for me. But cool, that you think I'd do that to you." He said saltily.

I realized I offended him.

"Oh, Kel, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it. I took it wrong. But who are you asking for?" I pried.

"Take a guess." He grinned.

"Mike? Vic? Tony? Jaime?" I rattled off.

"Um, it doesn't really work when you say everyones name..." He laughed. "It was for Tony."

I cringed. Tony seemed so nice.
"Why'd you make that face?" He commented.

"You know how Mariela is." I started "She cannot commit to save her life. Honestly. Remember when she dated that David kid? They dated for a year, she cheated twice, and after they broke up, she didn't even look sad. I don't mean to paint her in a bad light. Thats just how she is. She hasn't found someone worth settling for yet."

"Well, how come Tony can't be that guy?" Kellin tried.

I shook my head softly. "Tony? Sweet, shy, caring Tony?" I said.

"Ha. He's not that shy. Get to know him. Maybe you'll change your mind." Kellin patted my shoulder.

Mariela strutted back over to us. "Do I look weird?" She asked me.

"You wear make up like that every day. No, you don't look weird." I chuckled.

"Maybe it's just because someone else did it. Kellin, I'm about to have girl talk with BellBell, so if you don't want to listen here's your chance to escape." She said, glancing at him. I smiled.

He just stood there, smirking.

"Alright, suffer then." She laughed, "So, Vic is super cute, almost too cute. Like a puppy right? And Jaime, too. It's like adorable. Mike is a little too sexual for me, he gives me these looks--"
"Woah, stop. Too sexual? Since when is anyone too sexual for you, whore?" I laughed, cutting her off. She laughed with me.

"Yeah, maybe you're right, hahaha. Anyway, Tony. Oh my god. He's beautiful." She swooned. I laughed.

"Oh my god!" Kellin squealed like a girl. "He's gonna be stoked you just said that."

"Okay, Kellin, part of girl talk is that the talk, stays between the girls." I explained.

"But he wanted me to find out if she was single! You just heard me say that." Kellin defended himself.

"No." Mariela and I said in sync. "You still can't tell him," she finished.

"Yeah, let Mar here work her magic. She's amazing with men. So let her be." I complimented.

"Thanks peach." Mariela winked at me. "I'm off to work my magic!" She waltzed off towards Vic and Tony, who were leaning against the wall waiting for the set to be ready.

"Shall we observe? Maybe you could learn something." Kellin elbowed me and wiggled his eyebrows.

"I don't need help, thanks." I snapped.

"Well, you haven't dated anyone since me..." He trailed off, as we walked towards where Mariela was headed. Oh, HELL no, he was not about to make it sound like I couldn't land a man.

"What are you trying to say." I spat sternly.

"Nothing, erm, nevermind. I didn't mean to--"

"No. Shut up. I'll show you." I stomped off and caught up with Mariela.

"Which one are you taking?" I whispered to her as we slowly approached them.

"What?" She was taken aback, not expecting this side of me.

"Kellin is on this power trip or something and thinks I'm not over him." I explained quickly.

"Did he say that." She rolled her eyes playfully.

"He didn't have to. So which one!" I whispered harshly, we were dangerously close to them.

"I got Tony, you take Vic. Break!" She whispered back as we stepped in front of the boys.

"Hey Tony." Mariela's smooth voice purred. Even I was a little turned on. Hahaha, not really. But you know. It was sexy.

"H-hi." He started, eyes wide.

Vic choked back a chuckle.

I knew Vic's type. He wanted a sugar sweet kind of girl, because he was that kind of guy.

"Hi Vic." I said cutely, smiling wide. He smiled back, blushing slightly.

Fuck you Kellin.

I tuned out the conversation Tony and Mariela were having.

"I could honestly listen to you sing all day. Will you sing for me sometime?" I swooned, keeping my award winning smile in place.

"Yeah, we have a show tomorrow night, right here in town." He smiled too, locking eyes with me.

"No, I mean. Sing for just me." I stepped closer to him. His blush deepened.

"Y-yeah, no problem. That'd be cool." He said, regaining his cool.

"Sweet. I really hope we can get to know each other. Kellin's told me some amazing things about you." I winked.

"Oh yeah, you guys dated right?" He asked, rubbing the back of his neck. No no no. Not where the conversation needs to go.

"Yeah, it was nothing serious though. No biggie." I tried.

"Um, Kellin said it was for two years. That seems pretty serious." He laughed. Shit.

"Well yeah, at the time it felt serious. But now I know it wasn't anything, I was just young." I explained.

"Oh, well good. Does he feel that way too?" He raised an eyebrow at me.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure." I grinned.

"Good."

"Why is that good?"

"Because."

"Because why..."

"Because then you're fair game." He said with a wink and a cheeky smile before grabbing Tony and dragging him to their dressing room.

Oh my god.

---Mariela's POV---

"Hey Tony," I purred.

"H-hi." He stammered. I heard Vic try to hide his giggle.

"I really love your padawan braid," I licked my lips and stepped closer, taking the braid in between my fingers. "It suits you."

His mouth raised in a smirk. "Thanks. I like your...everything." His eyes looked me up and down.
Woah, not so shy Tony after all.

"I've always wanted to learn how to play guitar." I stepped even a little closer, so we were only about six inches apart.

"Oh yeah?" He smiled down at me.

"Yeah. You could teach me. And then I could teach you something." I bit my lip, and ran my index finger down his chest.

"Damn," he breathed out. "Are you for real? Girls never do this."

"I'm one of a kind." I smirked.

"Got that right, we should--" He started, but Vic grabbed his arm and dragged him away to the dressing room.

We should what?! Oh my god. I'll never know.

Carabella looked at me smugly.

"How'd it go?" I asked eagerly.

"Great. I was cute but not too innocent. I didn't come on too strong." She explained.

"Oh, thats good. I came on strong. Very strong. Purely sexual." I laughed.

"As always. Do you think maybe you could commit to this one?" She asked hopefully.
My man hopping ways always scared her.

"Nah, probably not." I smiled. Tony was gorgeous, but hey. I have my whole life ahead of me to be tied down.

The video shoot took what seemed like forever, and afterwards we all hung out in the dressing room.

"Kellin, why are you even here? You aren't even in the video." I asked, laughing slightly.

"Well, I came because you guys had all just met and I didn't want it to be awkward, but CLEARLY you girls have no problem getting comfortable." Kellin said bitterly.
I glanced at Carabella, who just smirked and shrugged.

"I'm lost." Mike said bluntly. Tony, Vic, Cara and I all laughed at him, since we knew that intense flirting had happened. Jaime's face was flabberghasted.
"Secrets are lies!" He shouted.

"Oh, calm yourself." I snorted.

"Wanna see the final edit of the video?" The director poked his head in the door.

"YES!" Cara and I shouted at the same time, running out of the room and to the huge monitor that was set up.

Tony took a spot next to me.

I smiled at him, anxious for the video to start.

We watched the video all the way through. It was a little awkward to see myself on video. But overall, it was really cool.

"You looked beautiful." Tony whispered in my ear, giving me the chills.

"Thanks, you looked pretty do-able yourself." I laughed.

"Oh my god, ew. You guys don't even know each other." Kellin cut in, ruining the moment.

"I don't have to get to know him to know he's attractive." I rolled my eyes at him.

Then we heard Carabella standing off to the side, with Vic, laughing and flirting.
I followed Kellin's gaze to them, and watched him get progessively angry.

Well, he shouldn't have pissed her off.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wanted to accent the fact that though Mariela and Carabella are best friends, they idolize each other. They get jealous of each other. They each see each other completely different then they see themselves.
I really don't like to switch POV's in the story but I had too! I'm sorry don't hit me :(