Dare to Dance

Chapter 5

"Ah. So your the one who's got my friend frizzled, confused and scared. Not to mention sad." Claire said looking at Anthony with venom in her eyes. Anthony looked at Claire then at Iz.

"Maybe."

"Your a dancer right? And you want Iz to be your partner. Right? I think I know where the rest is going."

"Yeah. I guess I could be the dancer that has maybe gotten her upset. But why?"

"Her mother." and with that note Claire left Iz and Anthony alone in the office as she went to her house to watch her favorite t.v. show.

"Iz?" Iz looked up with tears still streaming down her face. She didn't care that Anthony was there to see her like this. She didn't care how she acted. Just as long as he knew never to come back.

"What do you want? To put more hurt into my life? To bring back memories that I don't need during the day? Usually I can block it out but then you came. You exposed me. No one has ever done that... since... since..." Her voice cracked and Anthony smiled weakly.

"Since Jackson. Another dancer dear to your heart." Anthony answered and she narrowed her eyes.

"How do you know about him?"

Anthony panicked. He hadn't meant to say that. He had meant to just comfort her. He had changed a lot since they had last seen each other. And he had perfected his dance moves, as she had as well. To tell the truth he was Jackson. Just different. Physically different. Emotionally he was still attached to his past.
So he just shrugged and said nothing. Iz ignored him and Anthony went over and knelt down in front of her.

"Every-thing's gonna be OK. You need to do what you think will help you." he said.

"Maybe I don't want to do what can help me. Maybe I like being here for my dad!"

"What happened to your mother?"

"A potato who's mind belongs to dreamland... she is not here mentally... her partner dropped her in her dream competition... head first..." Iz said and then was silent.