Status: Completed :)

Believe in Me

Twenty Eight.

“Still no word from Lilly?”

“It’s been nearly 2 months now, Erica. It’s over.”

“Do you still have feelings for her?” His sister asked. Patrick was back with him family, vacationing at their house on the shore of Lake Erie. The two eldest Kane siblings sat by the water, bonding about Erica’s boyfriend and Patrick’s future.

“I try not to think about her, to be honest. She moved on. I talked to her brother about a month ago, nice guy, complimented us on winning the Cup. Last I heard, she’s still with the lawyer.”

Erica sighed, she liked Lilly so much. She was so happy for her brother. For once, the Kane family finally approved of one of Patrick’s girlfriends, and it ended up not working out. “You’ll find someone else, Pat. It just wasn’t meant to be, ya know?”

“I guess.” Patrick shrugged, chucking a rock into the water. “I’m just happy to be home.”

“We’re happy you’re back. Look at the positive: You’re home, back with family and friends, you won the Cup, and MVP. It’s going to be a great summer.”

Patrick took a sip of his beer, “You’re right. It’s time to move forward.”
_____________________________________________

“What a view!” Adam smiled, standing in front of the glass wall, looking out onto the Las Vegas strip. “I knew the Aria was the perfect hotel.”

I stood behind him, wrapping my arms around his waist. “I love it. This is going to be the best weekend.”

“Go get ready, babe. We’re gonna head to dinner.”

I walked to the suite bathroom with my suitcase, letting it fall to the floor and sitting beside the tub. I peeked at the lingerie inside, preparing myself for later. I had it planned, Adam and I would go to a sweet dinner, walk around the strip and shop a little, then come back and finally have sex. It surprised me that he didn’t pressure me. He always said he’d wait “until it felt right”.

I put my hair up in a sleek ponytail to go along with my tight black dress and the nude Louboutin’s Adam bought me. He’d made reservations at a French restaurant at the Paris hotel and arranged for a limo to drive us. I could hear the TV from the bathroom, Adam was watching SportsCenter.

“…and we have the post-game interview with Patrick Kane! Patrick, you’ve won the cup once in 2010, how does it feel to win it again?” the reporter asked. I walked to the bathroom door, peeking my head out at the TV. Patrick was grinning with his arms around his parents.

“I can’t really explain it, this all feels so surreal. It’s unbelievable. I don’t think it’s hit any of us yet.” He chuckled. I couldn’t help but smile, he looked so damn happy.

I watched as Jonathan hoisted the cup, the smile on his face and his cheer made my day. The cup made its way to other players, and finally Patrick hoisted it. His smile was wide as he skated down the ice with it, cheering and kissing the shiny silver prize.

I glanced at Adam, who wasn’t even bothering to look at the television. He was on his phone, like always. I pursed my lips, turning away and ignoring him. He was always on that damn phone of his. I understood he had tons of work to do, but it was vacation. He could at least turn it off for me.

Thirty minutes later, he entered the bathroom where I sat finishing my makeup. “You almost ready?”

“Yeah.” I sighed. He didn’t even look at me, he was still texting.

“Can you just put your phone away!? For once!?” I yelled out of nowhere. I was in shock when he looked up and rolled his eyes at me. I threw off my heels and took off my dress, there was no way in hell I’d be going to dinner with him.

“What’s wrong, Lilly? C’mon, it’s work. I’ve got a tough case on my plate.” He defended, slipping his phone into his pocket.

“Then don’t take me on vacation.”

“C’mon baby.” He whispered, holding my waist as my dress slipped down my legs. I wrapped my hands behind his neck, kissing him gently. He was quick moving me to the bed, where we pulled the sheets over us and stayed in for the night.
___________________________________________

“Lilly…?”

“Patrick.”

“It’s good to see you.” He slightly grinned, reaching out for an awkward hug. “Happy birthday.”

“You remembered?” I asked in awe. Adam was out of town for business, he had been since we got back from Las Vegas two weeks ago. I had no idea why a case was in Florida, but a job is a job.

Patrick chuckled, “How could I forget?” He stood in front of me in line at the market across the street from the Trump Hotel. I’d guessed he was just visiting, because it was mid-July and the season was over.

“How are you?” I smiled. He shrugged, “Okay. Came back to the city for a week. Kinda missed it.”

“I bet.”

“How’s your summer?” He asked awkwardly, sliding his card through the self-checkout register. I sighed, “It’s okay. My boyf-”

“No offense,” He interrupted, “but I’d rather not hear about him.”
I was quiet after that. I didn’t know what to say. Is he still not over me?

“You should come by so we can catch up.” He offered, taking his grocery bags.
_________________________________

I don’t know why I agreed to go with him back to his place. I knew it was a bad idea the moment I walked across the street with him. We walked in, and it smelt the same Vanilla smell like months ago. That’s his favorite scent.

We immediately sat on the couch. I looked around, he had taken down the pictures of us around his condo. There were black frames on top of his fire place filled with our photos and some of his family. The family photos were there, but it was no surprise that I was gone.

“I should’ve gotten you a cake or something.” He chuckled. “We were at the store and I didn’t even think of it.”

I rolled my eyes and smirked, he was too much. “It’s okay, really. I don’t deserve it.”

He looked away from me, staring down his hall. “I still think you deserve everything.”

That was it. He wasn’t over me. I knew in that moment he still loved me, so I leaned over, grabbed his face, and kissed him.

We kissed more.

And more.

I knew it was wrong. I knew the whole time I shouldn't be doing this. I was betraying Adam. It was so, so wrong. Such a mistake.

What didn’t feel wrong though, was me entering Patrick’s bedroom shortly after.
♠ ♠ ♠
This story is ending at chapter 30..........ps i hope you realize this now takes place 2 months later