Status: Active

Whoever She Is

We're Never Gonna Be As Young As We Are Tonight

I couldn’t get the garage opener to work, so I parked in the driveway. I walked through the front door and went straight to my room. I turned Pandora on my laptop and turned it on Blink 182 with the volume all the way up. I danced into the bathroom and turned the shower on. After my shower, I dried my body off and wrapped the towel around my body. I walked into my closet to find something to wear to this party. I found a black and white stripped crop top that showed about 2 inches of my flat stomach and my black leather, flowy skirt. It hit my legs about mid theigh. I laid it on my bed and put on a clean bra and panty set. I went into the bathroom and dried my hair. I curled all of my hair. I then applied dark eye makeup and bright red lipstick. I carefully put on my shirt, making sure that no makeup got on it, and my skirt. I then strapped on my black wedges. I pulled the bottle of vodka that I had hidden in one of my old purses out and put it in my bag. I walked downstairs and grabbed my keys. I texted Chelsea and told her I was on my way. When I walked outside, I saw all of the guys in Pat and Tim’s garage. I hurried into my car hoping that I wasn’t noticed. I defiantly didn’t want them to see me looking like this. They would think I was lying and that I was just like the girls at DMHS. I may party like they do, but I defiantly didn’t act like a bitch to everyone.
I drove to Chelsea’s house and parked in the driveway. I got out of the car and went into her house. Her parents weren’t there so I went to her room. She was in her room trying to find something to wear.
“Hey Boo” I said as I lay on her bed
“Hey love! You look hot!”
“Well thank you much. You going in your bra and panty? Brian will love that” I laughed
“No! I can’t find anything to wear! I have to look good! Tonight, as a birthday gift, we are finally going to have sex” she admitted
“It’s about time! Brian has been trying to get in your underwear since 9th grade! And you have been dating as long as I’ve known you!” I told her as I walked to her closet.
Brian Dales was Chelsea’s boyfriend. He is in a band with Stephen Gomez , John Gomez, Josh Montgomery, and Jess Bowen. Their band is called The Summer Set. They played a couple of gigs, but they were mostly just playing in Brian’s garage.
“Wear the black tank with the sides cut out, that we bought during spring break in LA, with the lace peach skirt that I left here after Stephen’s last party. Oh and wear those black Steve Madden wedges that we found last week.”
“You are a genius! I am so glad your mother is a stylist and you learned from her!”
“Just get dressed people are already at Brian’s house”
She finished getting ready and I grabbed my bottle of vodka and she grabbed her tequila from her desk and we walked across the street to Brian’s house.
As soon as we walked through the door, people were calling my name. I greeted a few people and walked into the kitchen. I found Brian by the beer pong table. He was with John Gomez playing against Stephen Gomez and Cole. I walked up to the table and put my hands around John Gomez’s waist.
“Hey Baby Gomez “ I smiled and kissed his cheek, being careful not to leave a mark. He turned me around and gave me a hug
“Hey Dani! Wanna play winner?” He asked
“Well of course. Chels! Be my partner?” I turned to ask her as she was hugging her boyfriend.
“Well duh! Let’s go make our drinks” we walked away to make our drinks. We made our drinks, cranberry and vodka, and walked back over to the table.
“What no birthday hug?” Brian asked me
“Aw I’m sorry Bri! Happy birthday my love!” I laughed as I hugged him.
“Picture!” He yelled as he held out his phone. I turned to the camera and kissed his cheek as the flash went off.
“Best birthday ever!” he laughed
“I’m sure Chelsea has a great present for you” I winked. Brian and John won. Cole and Stephen walked around the table so me and Chelsea could have our spot. I hugged Stephen as he walked by.
“Need another one Dani? He kissed me on the cheek and pointed to my cup
“Yes please” I smiled
“Be right back” he walked to the counter to make me another drink. Cole slid his arms around my waist as I took my spot at the table.
“Hey Babe” he said as he rested his head on my shoulder
“Hey love” I turned my head to face him
“So how about that kiss” he smiled
“I haven’t even opened my whiskey yet. You’ll get it when I get my whiskey” I giggled and turned my attention to the game. Brian and J.Gomez both sank their shots, so Chelsea and I finished off our drinks. Chelsea and I both missed. The boys laughed and Cole squeezed my side. I giggled and swatted his hand.
“Come on Cole, she is way out of your league!” Stephen laughed as he handed me my new drink. I took a big gulp and focused on the game. After a couple of round and 3 drinks later, Chelsea and I caught up. Chelsea took the last shot, if she made it, we won, if she missed, we lost. She aimed the aim and shot. And it made it! We won! Cole and Stephan took Brian and John’s place. Brian went to refill Chelsea and I’s cups. We played about 4 more games before we decided to call it quits on beer pong
“Hey, Dani! Your out of vodka” Brian told me as he handed me a drink.
“Damn, I guess I’ve drank more than I thought.” I laughed
“Well I guess after this drink, you’ll have to drink that whiskey” Cole winked at me
We stood in the kitchen and talked for a bit. I was leaning against Stephan and he had his arm around me. I finished my drink and looked at Cole
“So, where is my whiskey?” I smiled
“It’s in the cabinet behind you, top shelf” He told me
“I can’t reach that!” I laughed
“I’ll get it for you” He smiled before he walked around me and grabbed the bottle of Jack Daniels.
“Thanks love” I smiled and grabbed the bottle. I walked to the fridge and grabbed the lemonade and mixed it in my glass. I still had my back turned to the door when I heard a familiar voice. I turned around and sat my drink down.
“JESS!” I yelled as I ran to the brunette and tackled her in a hug
“Hey Dani” she giggled as we embraced each other. Jess had been visiting her family for the past couple of weeks so I hadn’t seen her since school let out. Jess was my second best friend.
I caught up with her for a while and before I realized, my bottle of Jack was less than half full. Jess went to find the rest of her band, whom I assume went into the living room. I grabbed my bottle of jack and followed. I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to find Cole.
“Wanna dance?” he smiled. I grabbed his hand and led him to the middle of the group of people dancing. He put his hands on my waist as I started to grind on him. The alcohol was flowing through me. I was drunk. But I was having a ball. We continued dancing and drinking straight from the bottle of Jack. I was dancing rather slutty since I was drunk. I felt something hard against my butt. Cole’s member made an appearance. I giggled to myself and kept dancing. I turned to face Cole after another song finished
‘How bout that kiss?” he said as he leaned in. I grabbed the back of his neck and connected our lips. I meant for it to be just a peck. But he was a great kisser. He pulled me closer and deepened the kiss. His hand moved from my hips to my butt. I broke the kiss and whispered in his ear “Thanks for the whiskey”
I walked to the bathroom room to fix my makeup. My red lipstick was smudged, so I took a piece of toilet paper and wiped my mouth to smooth it out. I walked out of the bathroom and ran into Chelsea and Brian.
“And what are you two up to?” I asked with my hand on my hip
“Ummm, we are going to my room. Chelsea said she had something to show me” Brian said nervously
“Well you two have fun” I leaned over to Chelsea “Be careful. Use protection” I looked at Brian “Love ya’ll” and I walked back downstairs. Cole was waiting at the bottom of the staircase
“Danielle, I’m sorry if I cross any sort of line” he apologized
“No. It’s okay. I enjoyed it as much as you did” I smiled
“I’m not really looking for a girlfriend right now. I’m just looking for a fling. And I don’t want to ruin our friendship” He said looking down
“I understand” I said as I frowned
“No hard feelings” he asked
“Well I did feel something hard when we were dancing” I laughed and he blushed “But we’re okay. Go find someone to hook up with” I told him and walked away. I walked into the kitchen and found Josh and Jess. Josh spotted me when I walked in
“Ay Dani! Come do a shot!” he called. I walked over and took the shot glass out of this hand.
“To the best summer ever” Josh announced. We raised our glasses and took the shot. I needed to be drunker than I was. I oddly felt rejected by Cole. He was attractive, athletic, and in college. We flirted all the time, but it was always harmless. Then he started acting like he liked me. Then we kissed and he told me he didn’t want a girlfriend.
“Josh make me one of those pink drinks you always make me” I asked nicely. He pulled a bottle of pink lemonade vodka out of the fridge and mixed it with pink lemonade and sprite.
“Babe, it’s called ‘Pretty Girl Punch’ and you know I invited for you” he winked. Josh handed me the drink, I kissed his cheek and walked outside. I saw John Gomez lying in a pool chair. I walked over to him and laid with him
“What’s up Baby Gomez?” I slurred
“Apparently your alcohol intake since the last time I saw you” he laughed and put his arm around me and I laid my head on his chest. We sat there for a while. John and I have been close since I met him. He was always the person I came to for advice.
“John, Am I pretty?” I looked up at him
“Dani, you’re beautiful. Why do you ask that?” he looked confused
“Cole kissed me. Then he told me he just wanted a fling…with someone that wasn’t me” I frowned
“Cole is an ass. He flirts with every girl he sees. He doesn’t deserve you D” he hugged me
“Thank you. Ya know, I don’t even like Cole in a romantic way. I think it just hurt me that he rejected me” I sighed
“You are too pretty and amazing to ever doubt yourself” he said, and then he kissed the top of my head “Let’s go inside, it’s getting chilly”. He helped me up and we walked into the house holding hands because I was stumbling a bit. The kitchen and living room was almost empty, everyone besides Josh, Jess, and Stephen left. John stood behind me with his arms around my waist and rested his head on my shoulder. Stephen took a picture of me and John, posting it to Facebook.
“Tag ME!” john yelled “I want to make it my profile picture”
“Aw! That’s so sweet” I giggled. Then Chelsea and Brian walked into the room.
“This place is a mess” Brian said looking around the place
“Let’s clean up since everyone is gone” Chelsea said looking at everyone. It took us about an hour to clean up the place. After we were done, Chelsea and I said our goodbyes and walked back to her house. We tiptoed up the stairs, making sure not to wake her parent. When we made it to her room, I looked at her “Spill”
“It was amazing. It was weird at first. But it was right. I love him so much” She smiled
“I’m glad you decided to. Brian’s face has hilarious when ya’ll came down. I have never seen him smile so much” I laughed. We flopped onto her bed, not caring to change clothes, or remove our shoes. We passed out instantly
I woke up around 9. I shook Chelsea to wake her up. I knew she had work in an hour.
“What” she moaned
“Get up you have to be at work in an hour and you defiantly need a shower” she grunted and threw the covers off the bed. She looked at me
“Find me something to wear please” she told me as she walked into her bathroom. She came out 15 minutes later and got ready. We walked to the drive way together.
“Thanks for coming. It was fun. Love you. You have to come back ASAP.” She hugged me and we got into our cars. I drive back to Tempe. When I got to my street, I saw all the guys at Pat and Tim’s again. I grunted as I pulled into the driveway. The garage door was still broke, so I knew I had to come in the front door. This meant, I had to walk where the guys could see me. I sucked in a deep breath, shut my car off, grabbed my keys, and speed walked to the house. I knew my dad was at work, so I had to unlock the door and relock it when I got in. I heard my name being called as I walked into the house. I ignored it, and shut the door. I went upstairs and went straight for the shower. I peeled off the clothes from last night. I reeked of alcohol and smoke. I took a nice, hot, long shower. When I finally got out, I pulled an old Ole Miss shirt out of my closet and a pair of red sweat pants. I slipped on my house shoes and threw my hair in a bun. I walked downstairs and laid on the couch. I picked my copy of Perks of Being a Wallflower up off the table and began reading. I fell asleep shortly after.
I woke up to banging on my door. I looked at the clock on the wall to see it was 1 pm. I grunted as I looked at the door. I was hung-over. My head was killing me. I slowly walked to the door, since I was still half asleep. I looked through the peep hole to see Kennedy’s face. I sighed and opened the door.