Status: I will update periodically.

Somebody to Love

Chapter 4.

The drive seemed longer than it really was. We were quiet for the most part. I suspected nerves.

Our first stop was in Jersey. I felt like my heart was in my throat. It was pounding. I wouldn't be surprised if the rest of the guys heard. I sighed, trying to shake away the nervousness. Why was I getting this worked up? I never got this nervous. Maybe because this finally meant something. We'd be reaching out to tons of new people, a possible new fanbase. A much BIGGER fanbase. I knew the guys would be fine. It was me I was worried about.

We pulled into the venue parking lot. It was empty, except for a large, black tour bus in the back of the lot. That was it. That was their bus. Jake must of felt me tense up. He giggled.

"You okay, Hollywood?" He said. I bit my lip, turning to him.
"Yeah.." I managed. "Fine. I'm fine." I said. He sighed, giving me a smile. His smile managed to warm me up from the inside out, causing my heart to practically pound out of my chest. Thankfully he hadn't noticed.

"Now, guys.." Ricky said, as he parked the jeep. He turned back to us.
"No going all super fan on them." He said. I laughed.
"That's funny. Cause I would of suspected you to be the first one to jump at them." I said. He scrunched up his face, pointing at me. I laughed.

"Very funny, Holly." He said "But I mean it. We don't want to come across as unprofessional. We're a band, they're a band. We don't have to freak out." I sighed.
"We know, Ricky." I said softly, keeping my eyes on the bus.

We got out, quickly unloading our belongings onto the mini bus their tour company provided us. It was generous. Small bands like us usually didn't get a bus, but they hand funds to spare. Those guys didn't exactly require much, so they said.

Jake beat me to my bags.
"I got it." He said, smiling down at me. I felt my cheeks burn.
"T-thanks." I said. He looked over at the buses, and then back to me, winking.

"So, are you and Alex gonna fall in love and run away together?" He asked. I stared at him wide eyed. His question caught me off guard.
"What?" I laughed. He shyly giggled to himself.
"That's what always happens, right? On tour.. people always wind up hooking up with each other. And.. well, you're the only girl.." I laughed.
"Well, you never know what they're into, Jake. Don't be so quick to judge." He laughed, grabbing another bag and throwing it over his shoulder.
"So, is that a no?" He asked. I bit down on my lip.
"I didn't go on tour to hook up with people, Jake." I said. He scrunched up his face, nodding, but eventually managed a smile.

"That's good to know, Hollywood."