Status: In Progress - Savael feels and William comforting because big brother

To Fall For Humanity

Chapter One

Today was Savael's birthday.

Of course, none of the angels knew or cared, but it was. He didn't have time to celebrat anyways. The lower class angels had been busy preparing for Gabriel's return with the Righteous One. Ready to smite the demons that follow him to Heaven.

Except, they never came. Nor had Gabriel. Nor the Righteous One.

Nobody had come.

With the last message from Gabriel being his victory cry in escaping Hell, Savael - as did many others - assumed they must be waiting for him on Earth. And so, he spent his birthday trying to convince the stubborn dead man in Heaven to agree to give his abandoned vessel to the angel.

"Why should I?" Rodrick Mortez - for that was his name - sneered, "You angels take whatever you like. I wish to keep this one thing to myself."

"Sir, if you would," Savael pleaded, falling to his knees to beg, "You were but a young man when you left this body, so many years ago. Surely, you would let me have what you can no longer use. I will pay any price."

"Suck me off," Rodrick decided, after a moment.

"I... I don't understand," Savael mumbled.

"Put my dick in your mouth," Rodrick simplified, dragging out the words as if Savael was stupid. He could hear his siblings snickering in the back of his mind. They knew this would happen. They had assigned his this vessel.

He consented.

Savael stood, staring at the little dirty town in America, crawling with ghost and monsters. His brothers had assigned him this place to watch over.

He promised to watch over it well.

Now, as he sat on the bench in front of a run-down motel on his birthday, wearing the vessel of a dead man who was no better for it, he received a gift he could not have even dreamt of.

"You stay smart on this case, do we understand each other?" the elder brother commanded, "This could get very bad, very quickly."

"Couldn't be much worse than Hell," the younger sibling mentioned.

"Oh, yes it could. Could get much worse, in fact," the brother assured, "Trust me on this, Geebles. I've been."

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

William Faye had a job.

He was not employed, no, but he did have a job. More than one, in fact. His first commitment was to his younger sister, Gennz Faye. She had been four when "The Incident" happened, taking their parents from them. Now, at an incredible age of seventeen, she took online classes and had arranged to get her license while he'd been in Hell. Not before trying every way possible to get him back, however.

His second priority had always been to his car. It had belonged to their mother and, after all this time, it was all they had left to call home. He hung on to the stupid Fiat Siena, not for himself, but so Gennz would have something to come home to, after everything.

His third and final priority was to his job. He killed monsters. Vampires, ghosts, shifters, pagans, demons, psyco-killers, legends. You name it, he's probably killed it. It was his way to remember his parents, if nothing else.

Now, at twenty-seven years of age and fresh out of Hell, that was what he had left. That is what he clung onto.

"Excuse me," a young man, maybe only a year or two from himself, gripped his arm, "Are you the Righteous One?"

"The what?" Gennz blinked, confused.

"My name is Savael," he explained, "I am a servant of the Father."

"A what?" William demanded.

"A servant of the Father..." Gennz considered, "So... An angel?"

"Indeed," Savael nodded.

"Yeah, right," William scoffed, "Look, Buddy. I suggest you leave before I get pissed."

"Were you not delivered from Hell by the archangel, Gabriel?" Savael released his grip a bit. Maybe he wasn't so lucky.

"Who are you?" William growled, returning the hold on the angel's arm as he looked ready to leave.

"My name is Savael," he repeated, "I am on a mission to bring the Righteous One to Heaven."