What's So Good About Picking Up the Pieces ?

Give Me Your Heart and Your Hand...

We ended up being stuck at the top of the Ferris wheel for twenty minutes, because some asshole jammed the ride. On the bright side, we got some sick pictures. Also, me and Chesney spent the better part of that twenty minutes making out. As the ride finally descended, I took the plunge and asked Chesney to officially be my girlfriend.I know we had only known each other two days, but we both knew that we wanted more than just friends. I hope I wasn’t moving too fast for her, but I just had to be with her, nothing else felt right.

We wandered around the carnival until closing time(11). I helped the guys load up the van, and then me and Chesney went on a walk before we headed home. It was midnight by the time we departed, and I was dead tired from the night before and the busy day. I knew Chesney was tired too, because she kept yawning next to me. A few minutes into the car ride, her head dropped onto my shoulder and she was fast asleep. Pretty soon, Mike and I were the only ones awake in the vehicle. Tony was mumbling in his sleep, and Jaime’s head had dropped onto Chesney’s shoulder as well. When we pulled up at our house, Mike turned around and slapped Jaime on the cheek. “Wake up princess !” He said, laughing. “Wake up Tony Turtle.” I whispered in Tony’s ear, laughing as well. Ches was still fast asleep, and I climbed out of the car, holding her up since my body was no longer there to hold her in place. I swung her legs up onto the seat, where Jaime had been sitting, then climbed back into the car and lifted her out, just-married style. I carried her all the way to her house, with her head laid on my shoulder, her arm dangling down, and her hair flowing out behind me.

I struggled to open her front door without waking her, but I managed. At least it wasn’t locked. I flipped on a light switch and carried her into her bedroom. I flipped the covers back and gently placed her under them, smoothing out her hair and kissing her forehead. I stood in her doorway for a few minutes, to make sure she didn’t wake up. I closed her door quietly, then left her a note for when she woke up. I stuck the post-it to her door so she would find it in the morning.

I stumbled home, dead tired, and collapsed into bed. Hopefully the exhaustion would help me sleep through the night.

Chesney’s POV

After we finally exited the Ferris wheel, twenty minutes and many kisses later, Vic and I helped pack up the equipment. Then we went on a peaceful stroll, just for the heck of it. Halfway through the walk, I was about to collapse with exhaustion. I hadn’t realized how much the day had taken out of me until then ! So much had happened, so much I needed to process mentally. But for now, I just needed some rest.

I sat in between Vic and Jaime in the car again, and within minutes I was asleep. I was slightly aware when the car rolled to a stop, but I didn’t know how much time had passed. I was too tired to open my eyes or move, but I felt Vic’s hands on me, moving me around. I tried to murmur to let him know I was awake, but I didn’t have it in me. I felt him lift me into his arms and I tried to say something again, because it was kind of a far walk to my house, especially carrying a person ! My head lolled on his shoulder and I was happy, nuzzling into his neck. It was an odd but pleasant sensation, to be semi-awake but semi- asleep at the same time. He opened my front door and carried me into my room, setting me underneath my covers. His hand softly brushed my hair out of my face, and he planted a soft kiss on my forehead. I heard him leave and I snuggled under my covers, content. I think everything is going to be okay now, I thought to myself.

I woke up and stretched, pleasant memories from the day before flooding my mind. Fond memories of Vic carrying me to my house last night made me smile, and I slowly got out of bed. As I was heading to the shower, I noticed something stuck to my door- a note. It read

Chesney-

I carried you to bed last night, in case you were wondering how you got home. Your front door was unlocked, so I let myself in, I hope that’s okay. I didn’t want to wake you, I took up a lot of your energy with my surprise ! If you want to, meet me at my house tomorrow at noon, I have another surprise for you. This one won’t take all day, I promise. Sleep well.
All my love, Vic

I let out an excited yelp, this note was one of the sweetest things anyone had ever done for me. Plus, Vic had even carried me to bed ! He was a keeper, and I planned on keeping him for sure.
I hopped in the shower, I only had about an hour and a half to get ready. And something told me to look good today…I took a long shower, because hot water therapy cannot be rushed. I jumped out and hurriedly dried off and dressed in jean cutoffs and a plain black v-neck t-shirt. I did my make-up next in case I ran out of time, my hair could air dry but there was no way I was going to let him see me without makeup ! I had half an hour left for my hair, so I hurriedly blow dried it. As soon as I could, I ran my straightener through it. Straight, my hair almost touched my butt; its one good quality. I hurried out the door, I had five minutes to meet the guys. My flip-flops flung sand out all around me as I walked the way to Vic’s. I was nervous, the note hadn’t specified where to go, was I supposed to knock on the front door ? Or go around back ? It was open beach, so I could just go right around to his patio, but I didn’t see anyone back there. I had never been inside his house, so either door could be the right door; the front door or the side glass . My foot kicked something, and I looked down to see paper arrows along the ground. The arrows formed a path into the group of trees on the other side of Vic’s house. My heart started beating faster, and I began to walk the lane. I briefly wondered if this was a prank, so I was half-expecting the guys to jump out from behind a tree and scare me. But they never did.

I emerged from the small forest unharmed, and the first thing I saw was a huge blanket containing a feast. Vic had set up a picnic for us.