What's So Good About Picking Up the Pieces ?

I Hope You Like the Stars I Stole for You

Chesney’s POV

I paced around my house after the guys left, too wound up to do anything productive. Finally, I took my anti-anxiety meds and settled onto the couch with a book. After about five minutes of re-reading the same line over again, I threw the book hopelessly across the room. It was only 8:30, I still had a lot of time left before my plans. Maybe it hadn’t been such a good idea to start my day so early, it wasn’t good for me to sit around and think too much…

I could call Shay and tell her about what the guys had told me, but it was much too early for that. I decided to shoot my parents and email and tell them that I was doing fine, I know they worried about me being so far away. Soon enough I was on tumblr and I completely lost track of time, losing myself in the internet. I heard a knock at the door, and I checked the time, shocked to see how late it had gotten. It was eleven o’clock on the dot ! Now I was glad I was already ready ! I fixed my hair on the way to the door, and swung it open gracefully. I smiled as Vic held his hand out to me, and I gladly took it. My heart started racing and we walked over to their house in silence. We all climbed into a van, which I thought was kind of odd, but hey, I wasn’t judging. I slid in next to Vic, trying not to make it too obvious. Silly Jaime sat next to me on the other side, and I peeked over at Vic. He was looking really cute today, in a nonchalant way I wish I could pull off. His hair curled out of a black beanie, and he had on tight skinny jeans that accentuated his skinny body and a button up shirt. I quickly looked away before he caught me staring, and instead looked out the window at the beautiful countryside.

We pulled up to what looked like a fair ground, and I began to get excited. Carnival rides and food stands were set up all around the open area. The day was beautiful, and I was feeling really upbeat. I jumped out of the vehicle after Vic, and he grabbed my hand again, pulling me along excitedly. “Close your eyes !” He told me, and I obliged. I worried about losing my footing, but the ground was flat and grassy the whole way. Soon we were in a building, and I began to get confused on where exactly we were going. Then he told me to open my eyes, and I found myself standing in a regular, plain building. He laughed at my expression, then lead me down a hallway that opened up to the outside. I still didn’t understand, until he lead me in front of a stage, like the kind at a concert. “Oh ! We’re going to see a band !” I exclaimed. He chuckled, “You could say that.” He climbed on stage and hauled me up there with him. “Vic !” I scolded, looking around to see who was watching, I didn’t want to be kicked out ! He rolled his eyes at me, and out of nowhere, someone tossed a guitar at him. He looked pointedly at me, then adjusted his guitar and walked to the mic stand. I was pretty confused at this point, until Vic started to warm up. As in, HE was the band. Jaime, Tony, Vic, and Mike were in a band !

Vic started to sing, never taking his eyes off me. His voice was unlike anything I’d ever heard, and I would still be saying that even if I wasn’t (sort of) romantically involved with him. It was unique, and his lyrics were amazing, I wondered if he’d written them. Tony and the rest of the gang had appeared and set up, and they started warming up together. “Uh, this one’s called ‘Kissing in Cars’ Vic told me before starting the song. I felt awkward just standing on stage to the side of Vic, but with the way he was looking at me, I didn’t care. They all put so much emotion into their performances, it was amazing. I’d never seen this side of Mike before, and even shy Tony was rocking out. I could tell this night was about to be amazing.
After they warmed up, Vic walked over to me, and I kissed him right there on stage. “That was….wow. That was amazing Vic.” He blushed and smiled. “Great job guys !” I called to the others. I received thumbs up and nods from them. “So uh, surprise ?” He said, walking off stage with me in pursuit. “We’re called Pierce the Veil, and this is a secret concert, only people who are gonna be at the carnival get to hear us. We didn’t tell anyone about it, since we’re not touring right now, we’re on break for the summer. So it should be pretty cool…”, he finished, trailing off. I nodded, just stunned by this whole thing. He really was perfect, he played exactly the kind of music I listen too, this had to be fate or destiny or something ! “They had a local band but they cancelled, and we just kinda filled in last minute. We play at three and finish up at six, so until then we can ride the rides and stuff, if you want…” he was so unsure of himself, it was cute. Like who wouldn’t want to ride rides with him ?! “We can ride after too.” He offered when I didn’t answer. I pulled him back into the hallway and kissed him again, and this time he pushed me against the wall and tangled his hand in my hair. His lips moved perfectly against mine, and it was the perfect moment.

I broke away , smiling hugely. His caramel eyes flitted to mine, and he stole one more passionate kiss before he was tugging on my hand yet again, and we were off.

It was early, so the lines were non-existent. We walked onto almost every single ride, and I was having so much fun that I forgot about everything for a while. All that mattered was that I was with someone I really cared about, I was making a new beginning, and life was good. It was great actually,and I felt just like a kid again whirling around on the rides. Too soon Vic had to go perform. I was excited to see him perform of course, but I wasn’t going to be with him during that time. He let me go backstage to watch, and I had a great few of the whole band. I felt like a VIP, I felt special. It was crazy to watch the reaction of people as they realized Pierce the Veil was playing, they were so excited. People were even crying, and teenage girls were taking pictures and videos and jumping up and down with their friends like it was the best thing that ever happened to them. I knew what a difference music, hell, one band, could make in a person’s life, and I felt proud of the boys for everything they were doing.

The show was phenomenal, and they played two encores. I didn’t mind, I loved seeing them all so happy, and the fans as well. All of their songs were good, and they all had a deeper meaning, you could hear him baring his soul behind the lyrics. It was truly beautiful to see how moved everyone was, including me. Vic walked off stage around 8:30, with the twilight fading and darkness approaching. I helped the band clean up the set, and then Vic turned to me. “Wanna ride some rides ?” He asked hopefully, his smile practically glowing. My heart melted, and I nodded, unable to speak. We cuddled on the scrambler, with the ride forcing us together. He kissed me under the carnival lights, and I had never felt so special. It was like a scene from a romance movie- a warm summer night in early June, light up by the colored lights. We strolled over to the ferris wheel, where Mike was charming some ladies himself. Vic scooted closer to me, and put his arm around me. He tucked my hair behind my ear, and whispered, “I like your tattoo.” I blushed, and pecked him on the cheek. He responded by going for my lips, softly nibbling them as he tightened his arm around me. I smiled, and he leaned out of the kiss and looked up at the sky. I looked too, and I saw that we were at the very top of the wheel. I could see for miles in the darkness, and it was amazing. Vic began to sing softly next to me, a song I hadn’t heard before. “Your southern constellations got me so dizzy…” He murmured more that I couldn’t hear, and I noticed that we still weren’t moving. “Looks like we’re stuck up here for a while,” I commented. “Oh I don’t mind.” He told me smirking. He leaned in toward me, and that was the night I fell in love with Victor Vincent Fuentes.
♠ ♠ ♠
I feel like this is a solid chapter ! let me know what you think, did I make it visual enough, can you picture it ? (: