Sequel: Twisted Fate 1.5

Twisted Fate

Chapter Twenty-Two

Aria’s POV:

I wake up after the best sleep I have ever had. I feel so warm, safe, and loved. I keep my eyes closed and snuggle deeper into my covers and the two warm hard bodies on either side of me. As I remember last nights events my eyes snap open and I look at the two bodies next to me. On my right side I look and find Alex sleeping peacefully and might I add he looks yummy, but I’m still mad at him. I then turn and look to my left and see Xavier sleeping. I lay there looking at him and taking in his features. He has blonde hair that is kind messed up with his bead head, he has kissable lips just like Alex, and as I look up I feel like I am trapped by the most beautiful artic blue eyes with red specks I have ever seen.

“Good morning beautiful” Xavier whispers.

“Morning” I say shyly.

“You wanna go downstairs and talk so we don’t wake up Alex” he asks me. I nod my head and we climb out of bed being careful not to wake Alex. As we step into the hallway he closes the door quietly and takes my hand to lead me downstairs. When we reach the living room I notice that we are the only two people awake.

“Is everyone still sleeping” I ask him.

“Yeah after everything that happened last night I didn’t hear some people come in till about 3 this morning. And before you ask I have no idea what they were doing or what happened, Alex and I never left your side after we went to the room last night, unless to go to the bathroom” he says looking down. He sits in a big arm chair while I stand within arm’s reach.

“About last night” I start to say.

“You don’t have to say anything I should apologize. It’s harder for Alex and I to watch someone else help you, you are our mate and we should be the one to help you” he says.

“But you also have to understand that I have no idea what is going on either. Everything is new to me too, all this started happening after I became Alpha of this pack there are a lot of things we don’t understand and Max has helped me before we don’t know how or why he is able to he just is. So until we know what is going on we are just as clueless as you are” I say to him starting to cry because of how frustrating everything is.

“Hey don’t cry I didn’t mean to make you cry” he says sounding hurt and pulls me on his lap.

“You didn’t make me cry. I’m just so frustrated I don’t know what is wrong with me I can’t control it most of the time and I feel like I’m not good enough for you and Alex or this pack” I whisper and mumble the last part hoping he didn’t hear me.

“Look at me” he says with force and I shake my head still looking at my lap. He puts his hand under my chin and tilts my face up making me look at him.

“I don’t ever want to hear you say something like that again do you understand me. Alex and I adore and love you already and this pack loves you. I can already tell you turned this pack into a family and not just a pack. Whatever is happening with you we will figure this out together all of us, especially Alex and I.”

“How can you love me you don’t even know me. Xavier I am a freak I am a quarter demon, a quarter vampire, and half shifter, and I mean shifter because I can shift into any cat I want along with shifting into a wolf. You and Alex could do so much better” I say and try to get up. He wraps both arms around my waist and holds me to him while I struggle to get up.

“I am not letting you go Aria” he says in a deadly growling voice. “You are my mate, we will get to know each other and even then I will only love you more. And as for you being mixed I don’t care I actually love that about you. I want to be able to hunt with you and feed but so will Alex and you can do both because you are a mixture of what we are” he says into my ear. “Stop moving I am never letting you go” he says with his emotions of love, truth, and certainty all coming through.

I stop struggling and look up into his eyes. “Do you promise” I say knowing how much my voice sounds uncertain.

“I promise with all that I am” Xavier says.

“And I promise to Princess” Alex says walking into the living room and coming to kneel in front of us.

I look into both of their eyes and see nothing but truth, honesty, and love. I smile at them and say “I believe you.” They smile back and both kiss me on my cheeks at the same time and I can’t help but giggle.

“Aria we want to ask you something” Alex says getting serious.

“Okay” I say looking between the both of them worried. Did I just get my hopes up to have them crushed? I knew I shouldn’t have believed them. I start to panic but I try to hide it because I know they can hear my heart beat.

“We want to know if we can mark you” Xavier says. “We will wait to complete the mating till you are ready but we want to mark you now.”

I let out a breath I didn’t know I was holding and both look at me accusingly. “Um” and before I can say anything else Alex butts in.

“You really thought that we were going to reject you after we just promised we never would” he says sounding hurt. I look at him and give a small strained smile.

“It wouldn’t have been the first time someone got my hopes up just to crush them” I whisper softly. I hear two deadly growls and look at them. Alex’s eyes have turned black and he is shaking and Xavier is also shaking and his fangs are elongating. I grab Alex by the hand and make him sit on the arm of the chair and I bury my face into Xavier’s neck. I feel Xavier calm down instantly and Alex puts his face in my hair breathing in my scent making him calm down. I breath in Xavier’s scent and it smells like honey mixed with a strong manly spice. I think this is one of my new favorite smells besides Alex’s scent which is the woods on a fall night with a hint of honey.

“Aria we will never do that to you. Will you let us mark you” Xavier says with an edge to his voice still.

Not being able to speak through the lump in my throat I nod my head yes. I feel myself being lifted and carried up the stairs. Once we are back in our room Xavier sits me on the bed while he sits on my left and Alex sits on my right.

“Okay this might hurt at first but it will go away we promise” Alex says I nod my head and take a look at each of them.

“We are going to mark you at the same time” Xavier says moving my hair away from my neck. Alex does the same and they both lean in.

“Are you sure you are okay with this Princess” Alex asks me one last time.

“Yes” I whisper. I guess that was enough because I feel Xavier’s fangs and Alex’s canines pierce each side of my neck. The pain of the initial bites was excruciating and I wanted to scream but I didn’t. Seconds later the pain turned into pleasure and I couldn’t help the small moan that escaped my lips. I guess that was what they were waiting for, because as soon as they heard that they removed their teeth and licked their marks.

“You are now ours and no one else can have you” Xavier growls and then he kisses me gently.

As soon as he stops kissing me Alex turns my head toward him and says “you are ours now Princess” and kisses me roughly, I can tell his animal is in control. After he breaks the kiss he rests his head on the side of mine and Xavier rests his on the other side. All of a sudden my wrist begin to feel like they are on fire and I can’t help the scream that comes out.

“What’s wrong” Xavier and Alex ask frantically. I can’t say anything so I just look down at my wrist. They follow where I am looking at and gasp. The marks I had of the roses from before are making their permanent mark on my wrist.

Soon the door busts open and everyone is standing in my room looking at the three of us.

“What happened” Cole asks.

“Her wrist” was all Alex could say.

Cole comes and kneels in front of me looking at my wrist. As soon as he sees them he smiles “your marks are gorgeous Sis.”

I look up at him and that’s when I realize when him and Sam mated his mark was a midnight blue rose with a gold star in the center and a gold rose with black swirls with a midnight blue star in the center twisted around both of his wrist. I smile at him but then I look around at Sam and notice his mark is a midnight blue rose with a gold star in the center and a gold rose with black swirls with a midnight blue star in the center around both of his wrist as well.

“I have never seen mate marks like that” Olivia says.

“Neither have I” Crissy agrees.

“Well since there is nothing wrong or going on you all can leave now” I say with a smile on my face but my eyes say get out. They all take the hint and walk out laughing. I look at Alex and Xavier who are both lost in thought. “Are you two alright” I ask quietly.

“Yeah” they say in unison.

“Okay well now that you have marked me it’s my turn to mark the both of you” I say going off of pure instinct. “I don’t know how I know but my instinct is telling me to.”

“Okay who do you want to bite first” Xavier asks.

“Hmmm, I chose…”

“Why don’t you bite Xavier first” Alex says realizing I can’t choose between them.

“Okay” I say and crawl on Xavier’s lap straddling him. I whisper in his ear I love you before my canines pierce the right side of his neck. As soon as I hear him moan I pull back and lick the wound close. I climb off and crawl onto Alex’s lap. I tell him I love him and bite the left side of his neck with my fangs. As soon as I hear him moan I pull back and lick his wound. After about a minute they each scream and Xavier grabs his right wrist while Alex grabs his left. Soon the pain stops and we all look at their wrists. Xavier has a red rose with black swirls with a black star in the center, a black rose with red swirls and a red star in the center and a turquoise rose with a white star in the center wrapped around his right wrist. Alex has a midnight blue rose with gold swirls and a gold rose in the center, a gold rose with midnight blue swirls and a midnight blue star in the center, and a turquoise rose with a white star in the center wrapped around his left wrist.

“They are beautiful” I say touching each wrist lightly.

“I don’t think we are done yet” Alex says. I look at him confused and Xavier goes to his suit case and pulls out a gold jeweled knife and two gold cups.

“What are those for” I ask.

“To complete the blood bond” Xavier says taking the knife and slicing his hand. He puts some of his blood in both of the cups and before he can bring his hand to his mouth to lick it I grab his hand and do it for him. I couldn’t help it his blood smells so intoxicating. He smiles at me and hands the knife to Alex. Alex then repeats what Xavier just did and before he can lick his hand as well I take it and do it for him. Again couldn’t help it his blood is just as intoxicating as Xavier’s. As I let go of his hand they each pick up a glass. Looking at each other they tip their glasses to each other and down the contents. I watch with wide eyes as they finish and drop their glasses clutching onto the opposite wrists from earlier. As they let go they each have four roses a red rose with black swirls with a black star in the center, a black rose with red swirls and a red star in the center, a midnight blue rose with gold swirls and a gold rose in the center, and a gold rose with midnight blue swirls and a midnight blue star in the center. That’s what it hits me each color stands for a different being. I wonder what the color turquoise is for. After the pain stops I get really excited.

“I want to do something tonight” I say to my mates as I can’t help but feel giddy that we are all now marked.

“Okay what do you want to do” Xavier asks as they both smile at me.

I smile and open my eyes wide “go to the club” I scream. “Well after I go pick up my car” I say remembering I have to go pick up my baby.

“Let’s go to the club then but both of us also have to pick up our cars as well” Alex says.

I jump up and kiss them both on the cheek and run into the hallway. “WE ARE GOING CLUBBING TONIGHT AND EVERYONE HAS TO GO” I yell out and I hear a lot of yes’s.

“WE NEED CLOTHES” all the girls scream in unison.

“SHOPPING SPREE! MEET DOWNSTAIRS IN 1 HOUR TO GO SHOPPING WHOEVER WANTS TO GO.” And with that everyone scurries to get ready.