Sequel: Twisted Fate 1.5

Twisted Fate

Chapter Twenty-Three

Xavier’s POV:

I couldn’t help but laugh along with Alex at Aria’s excitement. She came running back to the room and straight to the bathroom locking the door behind her before starting the shower.

“Well since we weren’t invited we should go eat something” I say to Alex still laughing.

“Yeah” He agrees still laughing as well. We walk out of the room and here 4 other showers going and we can tell all the girls are getting ready. As we walk down the stairs to the kitchen we hear the guys in the kitchen already. We walk in and everyone goes quiet and glares at us.

“Morning” Alex and I say looking at all of them. We know they are pissed about last night and they have every right to be.

“Just because Aria forgave you and you both marked her doesn’t mean we forgive you for what you did last night” Cole says.

“We know and we apologize. You know it’s harder for us to let someone else help our mate and we didn’t realize it was that bad” Alex apologizes.

“Well like we told the girls you are forgiven but don’t ever put her in that kind of danger and pain again” Conner says through gritted teeth. That is when I truly realize how connected everyone is even though they have only known each other for about a month.

“We would never do that intentionally” I answer.

“Don’t care if it’s intentional or not if we say let us help her you do it until we are sure you can help her” Chase chimes in.

“Fine” we sigh in defeat. Just as we are done with our conversation the girls start to come down the stairs one by one. Crissy walks in first and smiles at Alex and I, I mean we’ve known each other since we were all very little. Crissy is wearing pink and playing with her pink phone, Olivia comes in next wearing yellow and playing with her phone. About 5 minutes later Aria and Jade walk in with linked arms, Aria is wearing red short shorts and a black spaghetti strap shirt and black and red Nike’s, while jade is wearing black short shorts and a dark purple spaghetti strap and black and purple Nike’s. I can’t help but look at my mate with lust and I see Alex is having the same problem.

“What are you two wearing” Conner asks never taking his eyes off of Jade.

“Clothes” they answer in unison and giggle.

“Not very much clothes” Alex, Conner, and I groan at the same time. In return we hear more giggling and some snickering from the other guys.

“Well we are almost ready to go shopping” Aria says smirking.

“You are not going out like that” I half yell.

“Well if some boys would get ready they could go too” Jade says smirking as well. With that all of us guys jump up and run to the stairs to get ready.

“We leave in 45 minutes” Aria yells. I run into our room and lay out my clothes.

“I’m gonna go take a shower in the guest room across the hall Alex says grabbing his things and walking out. I shrug my shoulders and go to get ready.

Aria’s POV:

As all the guys run up the stairs to get ready all of us girls giggle. After 10 minutes I realize I still have to at least give Alex his phone and a phone to Xavier I don’t know if they will take them seeing as they already have phones but I’ll try.

“Crissy do you happen to know Xavier’s favorite color” I ask her.

“I think its artic blue why?”

“Because I was going to see if they want two of the phones and I have both of their favorite color cases” I say walking out of the kitchen. I walk up stairs to our room and walk in. I look up and Xavier is standing in the room with no shirt on just his pants. Oh my god his body is just as drool worthy as Alex’s. He has a 12 pack and broad muscular shoulders and I just want to run my hands over them.

“Um sorry I just needed to get something” I say looking down trying to hide my face knowing I’m blushing. As I go to walk toward the Verizon bag Xavier blocks my way and lifts up my head.

“I love it when you blush” he says before smashing his lips to mine. I feel myself being lifted and my back hits the wall. As we kiss I can’t help run my hands down his shoulders and just like I thought, heaven. He finally pulls back and gives me one last peck before setting me down. He smirks at me when I whimper and I push past him and grab the bag.

“Aria are you okay” he asks sounding confused.

“Fine, um here I bought you a phone and an artic blue case but you don’t have to use it or anything if you don’t want to because you already have one” I say quickly.

I push the phone and cover into his hands and go to leave. He grabs my arm and I pull away walking out and closing the door behind me. I walk across the hall to where Alex is taking a shower and knock. I hear him say come in and I slowly open the door and walk in. I close the door behind me and look for him.

“Over here Princess” he says. I look over and he doesn’t have a shirt on either. God can I ever get a break I groan. “What did you need” he asks raising an eyebrow at me.

“I bought you a cell phone yesterday and a dark red case to go with it, but you don’t have to use it if you don’t want to because I know you already have one” I say quickly wanting to get out of the room before I do something stupid.

“You know you didn’t have to do that” he says.

“I know and like I said if you don’t want it you don’t have to use it” I say putting the phone and case on the bed. As I go to turn around Alex is right there behind me. I turn to leave and he kisses me like there is no tomorrow. I want to pull away but I can’t. When he finally pulls away from me I run out of the room like a bat out of hell. I get downstairs and run out the front door.

“Aria what’s wrong” I hear Jade say as she runs out behind me. I finally stop running and look at her with tears running down my face. “What happened and whose ass do I need to kick” she asks coming over and hugging me.

“It’s me I feel like a slut or something” I say burying my face in my hands.

“What why” she looks at me confused. I explain to her how every time I’m around Alex and Xavier I feel like I’m cheating on one or how the other one will think less of me or love me less because of everything.

“I know it’s stupid but I feel like neither one are happy and I feel like it’s my fault” I say as my tears start to stop.

“Well why don’t we go get Starbucks and shop to get your mind off of everything even if it’s just for a little while” she suggests. I nod my head and as I stand up I wipe the tears from my face.

‘Aria where are you? Are you okay?’ I hear Alex and Xavier both say in my head.

‘I’m okay and how can we mind link you didn’t join the pack’ I ask a little confused.

‘It’s cause we are mated little one’ Alex says.

‘Oh’ was my genius reply.

‘Are you sure you’re okay everyone said you ran out crying’ Xavier asked his voice full of concern.

‘I’m fine really. Jade and I are on our way in now’ I say and then put up my walls.

Jade and I walk into the house ignoring everyone and grab our wallets. As we walk back out we holler “LETS GO PEOPLE!” I get in the car with Jade and before we can pull off Cole and Sam jump in. As soon as their doors are closed Jade speeds off in her deep purple, almost looks black, 2007 Aston Martin Vanquish.

‘We are meeting at Starbucks’ I mind link everyone. As soon as I let them know I put my walls up not wanting to talk to anyone right now.

Jade’s POV:

I can’t believe she feels like that. I think there is more to it like how she thinks they can do better and how she doesn’t see herself as beautiful or special.

‘What is wrong with my sister’ Cole asks. I put up my walls, leaving the walls between Cole, Sam, and I down.

‘She ran downstairs and outside saying she feels like a slut and how she thinks that they both will love her less for how she feels about the other. She was also saying bullshit about not being good enough for them’ I say getting angrier at her for not seeing what we all see. I look over at her and she has her head against the window staring at the trees flying by.

‘I was afraid something like this would go through her mind’ Cole says. I look at him through the rearview mirror and raise my eyebrow at him and he just shakes his head.

Cole’s POV:

Damn it I was hoping she was over that but I guess it has done more damage than I thought.

‘I was afraid something like this would go through her mind’ I say. Jade looks at me through the rearview mirror and raises her eyebrow at me and I just shake my head. I block out everyone but Nick.

‘Hey Nick she keeps thinking about what Peter said’ I say to him.

‘Damn it I thought she was over that’ he says getting mad at the mention of that bastards name.

‘So did I but I guess what he said really got to her and now she doesn’t think she is good enough for Alex and Xavier. She also feels like a slut and thinks that they will love her less because of her feelings for the other.’

‘That’s bull and she knows it. But I guess I can see where she is coming from. I mean Peter did a number on her before we could get to her.’

I think back to 3 years ago freshmen year and we were living in Maryland. Peter happened to be the popular boy in the school and he took an interest in Aria. Aria tried to ignore his attempts to ask her out but she finally caved and went on a date with him.

After he picked her up that night we could tell something was off but we just brushed it off. It wasn’t till 20 minutes later that Aria’s feelings came through to us and she was scared shitless. We asked her where she was and she told us he had taken her to the old abandon house in the woods. We didn’t wait any longer we took off into the wood shifting as soon as we entered. We ran as fast as we could and when we reached the house we could hear Aria crying and then a sickening crack. We shifted back and ran to the door. Since Seth was the first one there he threw open the door and what we say still breaks my heart till this day. Aria was laying in the corner bloodied and bruised being held by 2 other popular boys.

After that Seth, Travis, and Carter lost it. Eventually we got them to stop beating the guys up because they were going to end up killing them. Aria then whispered Carter’s name and he immidently jumped up and ran to her. He picked her up gently and cradled her to him. He carried her all the way home and ended up staying with her all night because of the nightmares and she didn’t want to be alone. After that she focused on training because she said she never wanted to be that vulnerable and weak ever again. To this day we don’t really know what he said besides she was so stupid for thinking that anybody would want an ugly, stupid, bitch like her.