Sequel: Twisted Fate 1.5

Twisted Fate

Chapter Thirty

Max’s POV:

As the dumb Alpha lunges at Aria she easily dodges him like it was nothing. He turns around and lunges at her again.

‘Come on I know she likes to play first but I want to see her kick his ass already’ I laugh through the mind link.

‘Right this anticipation is killing me’ Jade joins in my laughter and soon so is everyone else. Well except for the newbies who’ve never seen her fight like this.

‘How can you guys say that she’s gonna get hurt’ Alex says and I can see the worried look on his face.

‘Awe babe you worry too much’ Aria says with a smirk.

‘How can we not worry you choose to fight him in human form’ Xavier says sounding horrified.

‘Jeez people have no faith these days’ she complains.

‘We have faith in you Little One’ Cole says and Sam, Chad, Chase, Jade, Conner, and I all agree. The others look at us like we have lost our minds and we just laugh. Our laughter makes the other guest look at us like we are crazy and after about another 5 minutes of Aria just dodging we all get bored.

“Hey Aria show him whose boss already” Cole says smirking.

“Anything for you dear brother, but how should I do it” she asks.

“How you kicked my ass” Conner says and the grin on Aria’s face and the horrified look on everyone else’s is priceless. The next thing we know the Alpha has been thrown against a tree and Aria is playing with her nails looking bored.

“Come on I need a bigger challenge” she whines.

“I’ll fight you after” Conner tells her.

“Promise” she asks with a smile.

“Yes I promise”

“Jade” Aria asks

“As long as you don’t kill him have fun”

“Yay”

With that Aria turns her full attention back to the Alpha who has finally gotten up off the ground. Aria stalks over to him and I must say she looks deadly. Without even touching him she raises her hand and starts squeezing leaving all of us to wonder what she is doing. The Alpha falls over trying to gasp for air and shifts back into human form.

“You come into my home disrespect me, my mates, and my pack give me one good reason why I shouldn’t kill you” she growls still choaking him. He tries to say something but can’t.

“Aria let him talk” Nick tells her. She lets go of her hold on him and he gasps for air getting as much into his lungs as he can.

“Because I was sent here by someone, I was supposed to fight your mates and with the little power he gave me I would win then I was supposed to take you to him if I don’t he will kill my mate and my pack” he says looking in her eyes and I can see the truth in them.

“What is his name” she asks.

“I don’t know” he says but we can tell he is lying.

“Tell me” she yells.

“Balthazar” he whispers. With that Aria’s hands catch on fire, the sky turns stormy, and her eyes start to glow. Everyone gasps at the sight.

“Why don’t we all go inside” Cole and Nick say ushering everyone into the house. I along with Alex and Xavier stay outside.

“He is sending more people after me and threating innocent people why because of all the power I have? He can have it I don’t want it” she screams.

“Babygirl, come on pull it in” I try to reason with her but that was the wrong thing to do.

“No I am tiered of pulling it in, I am tiered of this wanna be demon coming after me, I am tiered of not having my family all together, and I am tiered of being lied too.”

“Aria that is enough” Xavier snaps at her.

“What are you gonna do about it, mate. Leave and toss me to the side? I heard your conversation last night when you both thought I had fallen asleep.” Alex and Xavier’s eyes go wide and I can’t help but think, shit and I am going to kill them.

“Princess it’s not like that I swear” Alex says trying to plead with her but she isn’t having it.

“You wanna leave so bad just leave then. I don’t get why you pretended to want me, oh wait yes I do once we were fully mated you both get powers like I have that’s all you really wanted” she says and the storm gets worse. The wind blowing so hard it’s hard to stand and the rain pouring down it leaves marks in your skin and you can’t see your hand in front of your face. But just above all this I can faintly hear her crying like the rain was supposed to cover it up.

‘Whatever you did fix it or I will kill you’ I growl in my head.

‘What the hell is going on Aria blocked out everyone’ Cole says worried.

‘It was a miss understanding we were talking about going home for a visit’ Alex says.

‘The three of you’ Nick asks.

‘No just the two of us, fuck we said we would leave her behind’ Xavier says kicking himself now.

‘Fuck why would you put it in those terms you know how long it took her to trust you and she was still thinking she wasn’t good enough for you last night and you go and pull some stupid shit like this’ Chad yells and I even cower at his tone.

“Chase where are you going” we hear Layla yell out of the now opened back door.

All we hear is a loud jaguar growl before everything goes silent. Layla soon reaches us and put my hand on her shoulder so she knows I am next to her and to stop. Soon the wind dies down and the rain lets up into a light drizzle. Sitting in front of us is a large black jaguar protecting a crying Aria with her head buried into its neck.

“They are best friends” I whisper to Layla as she looks at the pair with hurt on her face. She nods but doesn’t say anything as Jade walks out beside us.

“They have been through some things together and they have an understanding of each other more like brother and sister I promise” Jade assures her with a small smile and Layla relaxes and smiles back.

“I should know I mean he marked me last night I guess just seeing them like that how he comforts her makes me a little jealous” she admits.

“We know look at those two fuming over there. THOUGH THEY HAVE NO RIGHT THEY CAUSED THIS” Jade practically yells and Alex and Xavier flinch.

“Love, we were never going to leave you and throw you away how could you think that? We were talking about going home for a visit but we would leave you here that’s all. I’m sorry we should’ve realized how it sounded” Xavier says with hurt seeping through his voice.

“You swear” Aria whispers still crying.

“God yes Princess, nothing could ever take you away from us or us away from you we love you too much” Alex says starting to walk over to her with Xavier right in step beside him. As they approach Chase growls a warning.

“I need a run, Cole handle the guest and let them know I will help them with anything they need. And tell them of our contract skills” Aria says before shifting into a white leopard, taking off into the woods with Chase, Jade, Chad, and Sam right on her heals.

“Damn I wanted to run too” Cole whines.

“I’ll help you brother” Nick says as we all turn to go back inside where the guest are leaving Alex, Xavier, and Layla staring after their mates.

“Layla come on they will be back they just need to run off the anger and sadness” Cole says wrapping an arm around her shoulders and walking inside with her.

“She will be fine once she runs” I say to Alex and Xavier and all they do is nod and keep staring.

Seth’s POV:

As we run to the abandon building the rouges, wolf, cats, demons, and vamps alike run out of the building to us.

‘Hold them off my brothers and I will get all the women’ I mind link everyone seeing as we all joined together so we could communicate just for the night.

‘Will do be careful and get them all out as safely as you can’ Alpha of the Red Claw pack says.

‘We will’ Carter says and we take off to the front as wolves jump in front of us to make a path for us. As we run into the building I am hit with my mates scent and I can see my brothers are having trouble as well.

‘Stay focused I know it’s hard but we can’t let anything happen to anyone’ I remind them and it seems to work for now. Taking in our surroundings I notice some of the rouges trying to drag certain women and girls away and some trying to kill the others. ‘KILL ALL ROUGE MEN’ I shout and we each go for a group of men.

I take out my first rouge with ease and turn to my next one who happens to be holding my mate. I growl and his eyes widen as my wolf takes completely over because his mate is in harms way and he can’t stand it. I lunge at him and my wolf begins ripping him limb from limb until he hears a soft whimper. I look at my mate and see her shaking. Taking back over I kill the rouge and slowly walk over to her. I stop just within her arms reach and am surprised that she reaches out and then wraps her arms around me hugging me.

“I only whimpered out of happiness that you saved me. Thank you” she whispers into my neck and I purr. Stepping back I nudge her to a corner where no one can get behind her and I can see her from where ever I am.

‘Hey guys put your mates with mine we can watch them from there and no one can get behind them.’

I see them nudge their mates and my mate motions for them to run over to her. As they start to run over I see one rouge charge at Carter’s mate and I run taking him down just before he reaches her and rip out his throat.

‘Thanks man’

‘Don’t worry about it’

After about 15 more minutes of fighting and killing every rouge that comes our way the warehouse is clear. There is a howling outside and they are also finished with their rouges, either killing the rouges or of the rouges retreating. We all howl in victory while the woman hold the young girls crying and our mates run to us throwing their arms around our necks. The wolves from outside walk into the building and a few women stiffen but everyone walks behind something and shifts pulling on the basketball shorts we all brought. As we walk back out our mates run to us and I’m surprised they know who is who they’ve never seen us before.

“It’s your scent” my mate says making me smile. I pull her to me and kiss her with all the love I have for her and she returns the kiss with matching passion.

“Let’s all go home” I say to everyone wrapping my arm around her waist.

“What about all the ones from packs that aren’t here” Travis’s mate asks.

“We all have extra rooms they can choose which pack to go with and each Alpha will contact their packs” I say and they all nod. We walk out and split into groups and the women and girls start walking toward the packs they want to go with. I notice that some girls are staying together.

‘They must be in the same packs’ Trent says voicing my thoughts. I nod and once the split is done we grab our mates and start to head home to pack for our big move.

“When we get home after I’ve contacted their packs we have to pack” I tell my pack.

“Why where are we going” Trent’s mate asks.

“We are moving to Oregon and joining our pack with our sister and two brothers” Carter says.

“Okay so what are your names because the suspense is killing me” Travis whines and we all laugh.

“I’m Melanie but you can just call me Mel” my mate says.

“I’m Emily” Carter’s mate says.

“I’m Rose” Trent’s mate says with a smile.

“And I’m Nicki” Travis’s mate says.

“Well I’m Seth and that is Trent, Travis, and Carter” I say pointing to each of my brothers as I say their names. “And you will meet Nick & Cole when we get to Oregon but Aria, our sister, will be coming to help us pack I have to pick her up tomorrow from the airport.”

“I’ll go with you to pick her up if that’s ok” Mel says.

“I’d love that and I know Aria will be excited to meet you” I say smiling at her.

20 minutes later

We arrive back at our pack house and everyone says goodnight wanting nothing but to spend time with their mates. The packing can wait till tomorrow.

‘Do NOT disturb us we are going to be with our mates tonight’ I warn all pack members and in response I get snickers. ‘Dirty minded people’ I say and they all bust out laughing.

“Before we go we want you to accept us into your pack” Nicki says to me.

“No I won’t but only because we are all joining Aria’s pack when she gets here tomorrow. Once you are marked though you will be able to talk to your mates through mind link” I explain and they all nod realizing that I wasn’t trying to be mean.

“Okay then Goodnight” they say and everyone turns and walks to their own rooms.

That night all of us mate with our mates. After we mate I feel this sudden surge of power and it hurts so bad I scream and then I hear my brothers screaming as well. I make it to the hallway before I collapse screaming again.

“What happened” Chris asks as he, Josh, Steven, and Blake run down the hallway reaching us.

“We don’t know we fully mated and 5 minutes later they are screaming in pain” I hear Mel say. Off in the distance I hear Blake answer the phone.

“Hello”

“Put me on speaker now” I hear an irritated voice say on the other end.

“Okay”

“What the hell happened” I notice Aria’s voice coming through the phone.

“We don’t know we fully mated and then they started screaming 5 minutes later” Rose says starting to cry.

“You did what and when did you find your mates and oh my god never mind” she says and all of us manage strained laughes and we hear screaming coming from over the phone. “ Well thanks whatever you did because Nick and Cole are going through the same thing” she says sounding scared and irritated at the same time.

“It’s not like we did it on purpose Little One” Carter says as we hear her take a sharp intake of breath.

“Are you okay” I ask through clinched teeth.

“I can handle it, it’s not as bad as your pain” she gasps again.

“I figured out what’s happening to them” I hear some guy say on the other end.

“What” we all scream at the same time.

“They are all twins so they are connected, now that they have all found their mates and mated they are coming into their true power and you are getting the last of yours too now Aria. It’s not as bad for you though because yours came a little at a time because you are the only girl and not connect to another girl like they are where it is two boys” the guy explains.

“Okay so I guess I can’t be that mad at them” I hear Aria say and can’t help but laugh at her. After about 20 minutes the pain subsides and I can finally sit up.

“Holy sit” I say and they all nod in agreement.

“We will lean about this once we are all together” I say taking the phone from Blake and talking to Aria.

“Okay well we are all gonna go back to bed goodnight brother and I’ll see you tomorrow” Aria says and hangs up. This is gonna be interesting.