Sequel: Twisted Fate 1.5

Twisted Fate

Chapter Eight

Aria’s POV:

I am so happy that jade has found her mate she deserves to be happy I think as I walk back to where Conner’s friends are standing watching the two with smiles on their faces. “Sooo I’m glad I dragged Jade over here.”

“So are we. I mean Conner has been looking for his mate for the past 400 years” says one friend.

“Give or take a few years” says another friend.

“He is HOW OLD” I ask with wide eyes. They just laugh at my reaction. “I’m glad you find me funny” I say as I stick out my tongue.

“Sorry but I’ve never met another vampire/demon hybrid act that way. I’m Jack, Conner’s best friend by the way” says the Jack.

I look at him and he is pretty cute. Blond spiked surfer hair and the darkest brown almost black eyes I have ever seen with red specs in them and I know he is a demon. “I’m Aria and I am only a quarter vampire and a quarter demon” I say not wanting to revel that I also have shifter blood. It isn’t uncommon for a vampire/demon hybrid to mate or at least have children with humans but to have a vampire/demon hybrid mate with a shifter is unheard of. And from what we were told from the very first pack that we were with is that if certain people knew what we were we would be killed on site. Don’t ask why because I have no idea that’s why Jade was so worried about her being with Conner.

“So none of you mind she is a shifter right?”

“No why would we” Jack says turning to look at me.

“Because I heard that vampires and shifters couldn’t be together.”

“Well that is partly true. I think that rule was only made for the originals.”

“Oh ok” I say pretending to know what he is talking about but I have no clue. “Well I was hoping all of you would join us for dinner to meet the others but I would need to know your names first.”

“We would love to” Jack says. “And so you know everyone over there is Max, Chad, and Chase.” I look at them one by one Max is 6’ with the same spike surfer hair but his is dark brown almost black, golden eyes that have the same red specks in them as Jack making him a demon, and he built like body guard built with abs and muscular arms. Next I look at Chad he has light brown hair that is almost a dirty blond but not quite, beautiful Hazel eyes, and is built almost like Max but not as buff and he is also 6’. It takes me a minute but I realize he is a wolf. I look at him with wide eyes and he nods his head. Shit he knows I’m part shifter and he heard me say I was a quarter vamp and demon. I look at him pleading and he mouths we will talk later. I nod and turn my head to get a good look at Chase. He is 5’11, shorter than the others but still way taller than me, he has black spiked hair with side bangs, and the most gorgeous green eyes I have ever seen, they are not as bright as Cole’s but not as dark as Travis’ just a perfect in between color, and he is skinnier than the others but he looks like an MMA fighter with his 8 pack which I can see perfectly threw his tight black t-shirt. I then notice he is a cat shifter and silently groan. After I take them all in I smile a little smile and think ‘well shit this outta be fun.’

“Are you and Max brothers” I ask Jack.

“Yeah, how did you know no one ever picks that out.”

“Just a lucky guess” I say with a small smile.

‘Jade we should start going to meet the guys and you need to meet his friends who you have left me standing here with and two know my secret now.’

‘Ok I’m coming.’

“Well I think we should start heading to the restaurant to meet with the others” I say to everyone even Conner.

“Wait what others” Conner asks looking between me and Jade.

“You will see when we get to the restaurant. Trust me I think you will get along great” Jade tells him giving him a kiss on the cheek. “Which restaurant are we going to?”

“Rainforest Café in Downtown Disney.”

“Oh my god I have been wanting to go there all day.”

“Well then let’s go meet the guys.”

“Wait guys” all the guys say at the same time.

“Oopps did I forget to mention all the others were guys? My bad, now come on this dinner is going to be interesting to say the least.” I can’t help but think how the guys are going to react to Jade’s mate. Probably interrogate him and make the whole you ever hurt her we will kill you speech. ‘Damn straight’ I hear in my head and can’t help but laugh a little.

“What’s so funny” Chad asks.

“Oh just thinking about the speech the guys are gonna give Conner” I say and laugh a little harder because of the ranting going on in my head. I hear Jade start to laugh harder as well and she runs up to me, leaving Conner, and linking arms with me.

“Are they really serious? They are not going to tell him all that are they” she asks laughing but trying to be serious.

“If I know Cole and Nick they are serious” I say laughing so hard we have to stop walking. ‘ENOUGH! We can’t even walk to the restaurant with you guys talking like that in our heads. If you don’t stop we will block you out.’

‘No we will stay quiet for now we promise’ they all say in unison. After about 2 minutes to collect ourselves we turn and see Conner and his buddies looking at us like we lost our minds. “Sorry pack business” I say smiling at them.

“Your pack is here? Are we going to have to meet the Alpha and get permission to take Jade with us?”

“Wait take me with you? Take me with you were” Jade asks her eyes wide with fear and she grips my hand.

“Yeah take Jade where? She is not leaving this pack.”

“Well when we get the Alpha’s permission…”

“I know the Alpha and the Alpha does NOT grant permission. She stays with us.” With that we turn around and walk to the restaurant with them behind us telling me I can’t make decisions without talking to the Alpha. ‘Hey guys as you heard I told them we were a pack but we have no pack name’ I say feeling kind of dumb but with everything that has happened we haven’t found time to discuss it and agree on a name.

‘How about Blood Moon’ Sam asks.

‘That is Seth’s pack name.’

‘Oh yeah’

‘What about twisted skulls’ Cole suggested.

‘Not all of us have skull birth marks.’

‘Right’

‘What about twisted wolf pack’ Jade pipes in.

‘Not all are going to be wolf like Cole and Conner aren’t.’

‘True, dang this hard’

‘What about Faith Pack’ Nick says. ‘It doesn’t have anything to with animals or beings.’

‘It doesn’t feel right.’ I say trying to think and then it hits me. ‘What about the Twisted Rose Pack? Everyone has a rose with its own color but twisted with its mark or animal.’

‘Oh we like’ they all agree.

‘So we are agreed we are the Twisted Rose Pack!’

“Another inside pack meeting” Chase asks.

“Yeah sorry but it’s over you have our full attention now. Except for talking about Jade leaving because that is not going to happen” I state simply.

“Well in that case I see you are a Sharks fan” Chad says walking up to my other side making Jade have to move away and Conner walks up behind her and pulls her to him. She looks at me and I smile and continue walking.

“Yeah I’m a Sharks fan what of it?”

“Well the Kings are the best” Chad says.

“No the Ducks are the best” Jack says.

“Nope you both are wrong the Canucks are the best” Chase adds.

“Nope you three are wrong the Wild are the best” Max puts his two cents in.

“All four of you must be off your rockers Sharks are number one no matter if they haven’t wont the won the Stanley Cup yet they will.”

“Yeah keep dreaming” Max says and the rest laugh at me. I growl playfully at them and they laugh even harder. We finally reach the restaurant. As we walk in I see the guys already at a table big enough for everyone.
“Finally we were going to start without you” Nick says standing up and giving me a hug and then Jade. I walk around and hug Cole and Sam and Jade does the same. I notice that Conner has his fist clinched by his sides while the guys hug Jade. I can’t help but laugh and they all look at me and I just shake my head.

“Guys this is Jack, Max, Chad, Chase, and Jade’s mate Conner. Guys this is Nick, Cole, and Cole’s mate Sam.” They kind of relax and Cole and Sam but are still weary of Nick. “Nick and Cole are my brothers and they pretty much adopted Jade as a sister so no worries Conner” I say reassuring him. They all do their “manly” greeting and me and Jade sit down.

“So when is the Alpha getting here so we can meet him? Or is it one of you” Conner asks looking at my brothers.

“What do you mean when is our Alpha getting here” Cole says confused.

“Yeah you have been with our Alpha all day” Sam adds. They look at them confused. I look at them wide eyed and shake my head no but they don’t pay attention to me.

“Yeah you have been with HER all day. Our Alpha is Aria” Nick says looking at me all confused. I smack my forehead and shake my head.

“You weren’t supposed to tell them. You think if I wanted them to know I would’ve told them already.” With that the table is silent and nobody knows what to say. “Well I don’t know about everyone else but I am starved lets order” I say trying to fill the tense silence.

“I couldn’t even tell you were the Alpha” Chad finally spits out.

“Yeah well I don’t go around flaunting my Alphaness” I say sarcastically.

“What he meant is you don’t look like an Alpha” Jack says and I huff.

“Wait that came out wrong what they are both trying to say was….”

“Yeah I get it I don’t come off as a strong powerful and buff male who are usually an Alpha. You made your point now drop it.” Just as I finish the waitress come up and takes our order. As we finish our meal the whole event has been pretty quiet.

“Well since you are Alpha I have to ask you for your permission to take Jade with us when we leave.”

“Are you even going to ask my opinion” Jade asks looking at him.

I clinch my fist and teeth. I can feel my animal trying to get out and my vampire and demon want to kill and drain whoever is trying to separate our family. Nick, Cole, and Sam stand up and walk over to me putting their hands on me trying to calm me down. Jade stand up to join them and Conner grabs her hand. “My best friend, sister, and Alpha needs me you will let me go to her” Jade says looking at Conner like she wishes he would catch fire.

“If Jade would like to leave and go with you I will allow it but you will not force her” I say still threw clinched teeth. “Are we understood?”

“Yes we are. Jade we should go talk about this” Conner says looking at her a little lost.

“Why don’t you and your boys go to your hotel for the night I need to be with my family” Jade says back.

He looks lost and defeated but nods and stands up. “Where do you want to meet tomorrow and what time?”

“We are staying at the Disneyland Hotel we can meet in lobby at 8 a.m. unless that is to early for you.”

“No that’s perfect and we will all be there and we want all of you there too. They will be able to talk but I think all of us should get to know each other” Chase says.

“Fine 8 a.m. Disneyland Hotel lobby” I say still fighting and on edge.

“See you guys tomorrow” Jack says and everyone but me shakes hands and say goodbye. As Chad and Chase walk up to me to say goodbye I can’t let them touch me because I am really on edge around them now.

“Don’t touch me please, not right now” I say pleadingly I don’t want to hurt them it’s not their fault.

“Why not” Jack asks for them from across the table.

“Just don’t” I whisper. Chad and Chase back off and don’t push me anymore but Jack just wants to push my buttons. He walks around the table and gets in my personal bubble. Without even thinking he grabs my arm and I jerk out of his grip knocking him on his ass. I know my eyes are glowing because everyone at our table gasp and I feel like I can’t control the power any longer and run out of the restaurant looking for a dark isolated place to shift.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this story is unedited at the moment.