Sequel: Twisted Fate 1.5

Twisted Fate

Chapter Nine

Nate’s POV

As I watch Aria knock Jack on his ass her eyes start to glow and I know she is on the verge of losing control. The next thing I know I am looking straight into my twins eyes and she turns and runs. “What the hell is wrong with you” I asked pissed off at Jack.

“I didn’t mean any harm by it. Why is she so worked up anyways?”

“How would you feel if you were conflicted with three other beings, you just became an Alpha which has increased your power and you don’t know how to control it yet. And to top it off someone is trying to take a part of your family that you almost died trying to protect?”

“I would want to rip someone’s head off” Conner says now seeing the problem.

“Exactly now I am going to find my sister before something bad happens to her.”

“We will help but how are we going to find her” Max asked.

“We know where she probably is but do not try to attack her because she won’t fight back she won’t want to hurt any of you” Cole says.

“Let’s go catch us a girl” Chad says trying to ease the tension. We all walk out from the back of the restaurants and if I know my sister, which I do, than she is headed for somewhere only thugs and bad people would hang out abandon warehouses.

“Let’s go get cars so when we find her we won’t have to walk back.” They all nod and we grab our Escalade rental and they grab there Denali.

“Just follow us alright.” Conner nods his head and get in the driver seat. I see his face fall when Jade gets in our car and not his.

“Jade why don’t you ride with your mate” I say to her.

“Why he is the one that partly caused this. And besides I can’t ride in the same car as Jack right now because I really want to kill him” Jade says with pleading eyes hoping I won’t make her go with them.

“Fine I will ride with them and put Conner in here with you so we make sure to stay together ok. This way we have at least one person in their car we can mind link with. And before you say anything Jack wouldn’t survive in this car with the three of us alone.” She nods and I walk over to their car.

“Go get in the car with Jade. Don’t ask questions just go and I’m driving this car.” He jumps out and gets in the back with Jade only to have her scoot all the way to the door to avoid him. ‘Poor bastard.’

‘He deserves it for what he did’ Cole says.

‘You and Sam would have done the same thing for each other no?’

‘Yeah true so we will be nice to him but if I catch Jack alone I will ripe him a new one’ Sam says and we all chuckle.

“Everyone set” I say out the rolled down window. Yep are the replies I get. “Good then follow me.” As we pull out onto the streets I stick my head out and see if I can pick up her scent and I do. I follow the scent and come to none other than a bunch of old abandon warehouses. As we park and get out I say to everyone “she’s here now to just find where.”

“Are you sure she’s here? Why would she come to a place like this” Chad asks.

“Because when we get pissed we want to kill and feed and we only do it on people who deserve it like rapist and murders, people like that” I explain.

“Got it” he says trying to make since of something. I leave it be for now because we need to find Aria.

“Look there goes a tiger, it’s probably after Aria let’s get it” Conner says. Before anyone can tell them to stop they all have gone after her.

“We have to stop them” Jade screams and we all take off after them. As we come up on them they have her surrounded and are taunting her. I watch for a minute to see what she does and she does not attack them. She sits patiently waiting knowing that she doesn’t want to hurt them.

‘You got control of your other half’ I say proudly to my sister.

‘No I haven’t my other half just doesn’t want to be the cause of my families pain if we were to do something stupid’ she sighs back.

‘Aria you better kick some ass this is sooo not cool to watch’ Jade smiles.

‘You give me permission?’

‘Yes just don’t kill them. Make them look stupid though if you want.’

‘Sweet! Time for some fun.’

We all sit back to watch the events unfold. Still in tiger form Aria approaches Chase and nips at him challenging him to a fight. “Fine you wanna play kitty let’s play.” We watch and try not to laugh and Chase turns into a black jaguar. Chase’s jaguar is twice the size of Aria’s tiger but knowing my sister size doesn’t matter it’s how well you know your animal. They begin to stalk and circle each other and Chase makes the first move. He leaps and tries to bite into Aria’s shoulder but she easily jumps to the side and nips him on the hind leg. He growls at her and attacks again. This goes on for a few more minutes and I’m guessing Aria wants a chance at all of them because she quickly leaps and lands on Chase biting into his neck not hard enough to cause damage but hard enough to get him to submit. When he does she backs off and he stands up shaking his head. I call him over and he comes. I give him some yellow shorts and a white wife beater. He changes and says “Why are you guys just standing here watching?”

“You will see” I tell him and turn back to watch and he does the same. Next Aria walks up to Chad and nudges him.

“Fine kitty this big bad wolf is going to take you down” he says and we are all fighting back laughter, well except for Chase he is looking at us like we are crazy. Chad shifts into a light brown wolf that is also twice the size of Aria. He turns to face her and she shifts from white tiger to a pure white wolf. Chad’s wolf eyes widen for a moment but then he goes into an attack pose. He jumps at Aria and she ducks down and turns biting him on the underside. He yelps and quickly gets out of her grasp. Aria looks over at us letting her guard down for a second which is enough time for Chad to jump up and bite into her shoulder. She yelps and throws him off. Not waisting anymore time, because she is getting tiered, she jumps on him biting his neck and he fights her. He gets a few good paw swipes in leaving scratches on her but soon he submits realizing no matter what she isn’t letting go. When he submits and she lets him go I call him over and give him a blue pair of basketball shorts and black wife beater. “Why are you just watching?”

“Like I told Chase you will see now watch.” I turn back as Aria walks and stands in front of the last three Conner, Jack, and Max.

“Shifter there are three of us left and you are pretty hurt this is going to be easy for us” Conner says.

“Yeah you are no match for a couple of demons and a vampire” Jack adds. I watch and Max takes a step back as Aria snickers in her wolf form.

“I don’t want to fight her” Max says. “You guys go ahead.” Aria then growls at him. She knows he knows but she wants to prove herself to all of them and the only way to do that is fight them all. “Fine but you asked for it” Max says not liking this one bit.

“Let’s just take down this shifter and find Aria and get out of here I need a shower it stinks in here” Jack complains. Max shakes his head and we all once again fight back laughter. Chad and Chase look at us and then at Max and then the shifter and their eyes get huge as they put two and two together.

“Oh my god that’s…”

“Shhhh don’t tell them let them find out on their own” Cole whispers. Their mouths quickly snap shut but there is regret all over their faces as Aria is still bleeding from the wounds they gave her. As Conner, Jack, and Max unleash their power we had no idea they carried we watch in awe. Conner quickly starts lifting things without touching them, Jack’s nails and teeth start growing and dripping some type of liquid.

“Jack has the gift that his nails and teeth carry poison” Chad whispers to us. We look at Aria worried and Max’s hands catch fire like Aria’s did the other night and we all gasp.

“Max can kind of pull a power off of someone or give him part of the power he has. Though I’ve never seen him create fire before” Chase adds. We keep quiet and wait to see what Aria does.

Aria shifts back into her human form and her turquoise eyes are shining brighter now. “Now this will be a fight” she says. All of them gasp and try to back down. “No you want to take Jade away with you, you will fight me Conner, Jack you will finish what you started in the restaurant and Max you know why.”

“I do and I will give you a fair fight” Max says. And with that the final fight began. Conner was the first to attack her by throwing things at her which she easily deflected. Aria plays his game if he wants to use telepathy then so does she. She picks up a huge barrel the same time he does and they throw them at each other. Aria’s barrel hits Conner square in the chest as he tries to dodge it and Conner’s barrel looks like it missed but as she turns I see it caught her wrist and that is now broken. Jade runs over to Conner and Sam helps her bring him over to us. Jack then steps up for his turn. Jade grabs onto me and Sam and Cole are hugging each other. Jack’s gift is poison, Aria doesn’t have anything like that do defend herself. Jack jumps at Aria and scratches her arm as she jumps out of his way. She hisses in pain, that can’t be good. Aria’s eyes turn to a dark turquoise we have never seen and immediately the atmosphere changes. We look and Aria is staring at Jack with such intensity and when we look at Jack we can see why she is suffocating him without even touching him.

“Did you know she could do that” Chad asks us. We all shake our head no. Out of nowhere we see Aria get hit with a fire ball taking her concentration off of Jack. Cole and I run to Jack dragging him over to where the others are being careful not to touch his nails or teeth. As he catches his breath the teeth and nails retract along with the poison.

“I didn’t know she could do that” he says in between breaths.

“Neither did we” Cole replies. Our heads snap back up to Aria and Max.

“Aria control it” Max shouts at her.

“I can’t I’m trying” she screams. “Max help me I’m scared.”

“Listen to my voice and do as I say ok.”

“Okay”

“I want you to imagine a box or a room that you can fit all your power into and draw your power into it, while you do that think about what makes you at peace whether its family or whatever. Are you doing it?”

“Yeah but not all of it is going into the room I can’t calm down.”

“Okay Aria I’m going to walk over to you. Are you calm enough for that?”

“Yeah I think so.”

“Okay here I come.”

“Max are you sure it’s a good idea for you to go up to her and not me or Cole” I ask not sure if this is a good idea.

“Yes because I can defend myself if the power breaks free again.”

“Be careful” Jade tells him. He walks over to Aria slowly and when he is face to face with her they stare at each other. Very slowly he lifts his hand and touches her arm. Her head snaps down to look at his hand on her arm but she doesn’t do anything to him. He takes that as an okay and he puts his other hand on her other arm. Again her head snaps to his hand but she doesn’t do anything. He sits there and holds her by the arms and then she literally falls into his arms and hugs him. We go to run over but he stops us. We look and see she is still not fully calm and we walk up very slowly and I put my hand on her shoulder. She looks up at me and her eyes say it all. She looks so fragile and broken and I hug her. I feel Cole, Sam, and Jade walk up slowly and do the same after Aria nods the ok to them. With all of us hugging her we feel her finally relax fully. We let go and step back but Aria is still holding onto Max and he won’t let her go. I know they are not mates but maybe for now they will be good for each other.

Aria’s POV

After I’ve calmed down I slowly lift my head from Max’s chest. I take in the scene around me and it looks like a tornado went through the building. “Oh my god I did this?” Max nods not letting me go. I look at Chad, Chase, Conner, and Jack and can’t help the sob that comes out. “I am so sorry I didn’t mean to I swear. I can’t believe I did this.” I try to pull away from Max but he won’t let me go. “Let me go. Please just let me go I have to leave.”

“And go where Aria huh? You have nowhere to go. I know your upset but this was an accident we all forgive you even though there is nothing to forgive. No one has ever trained you properly how to control all your powers or gifts whatever you wanna call them” Max says trying to calm me down again and see reason but I just can’t. I never meant to hurt anyone I just wanted to prove myself. I need to leave and get away from everyone to keep them safe.

“Conner I think you should take Jade with you.” She goes to say something but I cut her off “I think you will be safer with him I can’t even control myself how the hell am I supposed to protect you and the rest of the pack?”

“You can’t make this decision for me Alpha or not. I know you won’t use your Alpha voice on any of us either because we are family first pack second. And Conner if you want to be with me then you will join our pack because I am not going anywhere.” With that Conner gets up walks up to me and Max turns me around so I am facing him. He kneels down exposes his neck and says “Aria I accept you as my Alpha.”

“But”

“Just accept the boy Sis” Nick and Cole say together.

“I Aria, Alpha of the Twisted Rose Pack, accept you Conner into our pack.” With that he gets up and hugs me and whispers “I’ll help you and I’m pretty sure the others are going to join and help you too.” He pulls away and I smile at him and mouth thank you. After Conner goes to stand next to Jade Chad, Chase, and Max all do the same as Conner and submit in front of me.
Again I say “I Aria, Alpha of the Twisted Rose Pack, accept you Chad, you Chase, and you Max into our pack.” They all stand and one by one hug me. I look at Jack and I say “I am so sorry Jack I never meant to do that to you.”

“I know Princess. I would love to join the pack but I’m not ready to settle down just yet I mean I’m only 500 years young. But maybe when I do settle down you’ll have a spot for me?”

“Whenever you want to come join you are more than welcome. Even if it’s just to visit, which that should be often, you will always have a place with us” I smile at him and we hug.

“Well tonight was our last night here in Anaheim when were you guys leaving?” Conner asks.

“Well we were going to be here a week but I don’t know any more. I mean I don’t want to have a slip up” I say looking at the ground. Max walks over to my side and takes my hand.

“Don’t worry I’ll stay close to you so I can be there to help you every step of the way” he says.

“Thanks” I say shyly with a silly grin on my face and blush.

“So that means we get to stay right because there is still so much we haven’t done yet” Jade asks hopefully.

“Yeah we can stay as long as I have at least two people around me.”

“Done I’ll be the second person” Nick says.

“I’ll be the third” Chad says.

“And I will be the fourth” Chase chimes in.

“Thanks guys I really mean it” I say smiling at them all. Things have just gotten more complicated but it looks like our family has grown and is up for the challenge. “Well why don’t we go to your hotel get your things and move you to our hotel? That way we are all in the same one.”

“Sounds like a good idea” Chad says.

“Um not to be a buzz kill but Jack what is exactly in that poison you produce because you did scratch Aria and she did already have wounds. Though most of them are already healed but still” Sam says worried and I look down at my arm.

“Shit” Jack says reaching for my arm. “We need to get back to our hotel and fast I have some antidote.”

“Why”

“Because I’ve never known anyone to live without the antidote after having my poison added into them.” As we all start walking back to the cars this burning sensation hits me like a steel wall and I fall to the ground.

“Aria what’s wrong” Chase asks noticing I fell first since Nick wanted to talk with Max about my babysitting. They all stop and run to my side.

“It burns. Everything burns my blood, my bones, and my insides!” I scream.

“Get her in the car now we don’t have much time” Jack yells. Max picks me up and carries me to the car.

“Tell Nick and Cole I’m thirsty” I whisper to him.

“I have water Babygirl” Max tells me.

“No not water just tell them please they will know what I need” I say starting to slur my words.

“Nick, Cole, Aria said she’s thirsty I offered her water but she said you two would know what she wants” Max yells.

Max’s POV:

“Nick, Cole, Aria said she’s thirsty I offered her water but she said you two would know what she wants” I yell. They grab something out of their car and run over.

“Does anyone have a cup or empty bottle” Cole asks in a rush.

“Have an almost empty water bottle” I say going to grab it out the front seat of our car.

“If you want that water drink it if not dump it” Nick says. I quickly down the last of the water and give him the bottle. As everyone has now surrounded our car Nick gets in and puts Aria’s head on his lap and Cole gets in with putting her legs on her lap. “We should go to the hotel and get that antidote” Nick says while slicing his palm with the knife he got from their car. As the blood falls he grabs the bottle and puts some blood in there and then passes the knife and bottle to Cole. We all stare in shock not moving just watching. Cole then does the same as Nick and puts some of his blood in the bottle. He then closes the lid and shakes it a little opened it and put it to Aria’s lips. Nick picks up her head “drink Little One this will help a little” he coos. As the blood starts to pour in her mouth she drinks like she has not had anything in years that can’t be good.

“She needs more blood brother” Cole says looking at her and I notice she has turned pale.

“She can have some of mine” I say ready to give her anything she needs.

“I will too” Chase says.

“Okay you two get in we still need to get her to that antidote” Nick tells us and we all run to get into the right cars and take off to the hotel. We get to the hotel and Jack runs to our car “I’ll go get the antidote we will give it to her while on the way back to your hotel ok.” We all nod and run to get what we need and jump back into the cars and we are off again. Jack is now in our car so he can administer the antidote. He starts by getting a little more of my blood and mixing it with a little antidote, then does the same with Chase’s blood, Nick’s blood, and Cole’s blood. Finally she has had all of the antidote. We pull up to their hotel and we go up to their rooms and I lay Aria on the bed and sit with her. I don’t want to leave her side.

“Max why don’t you come down with us to get our rooms” Chad asks.

“Max is going to stay in here with Aria and I” Nick says. I look at Nick gratefully and it’s then Cole walks in with two room keys. “This is the key for Jade and Conner and this is the key for your rooms Chad and Chase.”

“You didn’t have to pay for our rooms” Conner says.

“It was no problem” Cole says.

“Yeah Aria would have wanted it that way” Sam says.

“This is true. Well I’m hungry now after all the events anyone want to join me” Jade asks.

“I could use some food before I leave” Jack says.

“Yeah I’ll go so I can say by to Jack” Chad says.

“I’m always up for food” Chase says.

“Then I think we are all going” Nick says.

“You coming Max” Sam asks me. I look at Jack and he nods his head knowingly.

“Be safe brother.”

“Keep her safe Max and treat her like the Princess she is” he says into my ear. After we say our goodbye’s they all go down to eat and I crawl back into bed with Aria. As I lay down I can’t help but think about how I feel about her. Since I first laid eyes on her I felt like I needed to protect her with my life. I haven’t felt this protective over anything since I left my best friend Xavier, who happens to be the prince of the vampires and demons of all Europe, and my mate who happens to be Xavier’s betrothed. I can’t blame Xavier because he doesn’t know she is my mate but I had to leave because I couldn’t take seeing them together every day. Anyway back to Aria. I feel like I need to protect her with my life and I feel a strong connection together. I know she is not my mate and I know that she doesn’t have a mate so maybe just maybe until she does find hers we could be together. And with the thought of making her my girlfriend I drift off to sleep holding her tight with a smile on my face. Tomorrow I start with my plan.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this story is unedited at the moment.