You Keep Me Safe and I Will Keep You Wild

Russian's Belong Together

Evgeni’s POV
There was always people around my house at Christmas but it never really felt like home unless my Russian friends were visiting and with them came Oksana but right now I was willing to do anything to get over myself.

“Hello Zhenya,” the gorgeous familiar woman strutted over to me with a dazzling smile on her face.
“Oksana,” I couldn’t help but smile as she lent up and kissed my cheek.
“How are you?” she put her hand on my arm and I felt my skin instantly begin to warm to her touch.
“I am ok, just looking forward to having a break tonight.”
“Well good, you deserve some rest.”

Sometimes I despised her so much I wanted to rip her head off and other times I pissed her off enough that I got a slap across the face but it was never much of a deterrent.

As much as we fought we always ran back to each other. We always managed to find comfort being together.

It was nice to have all my friends around for Christmas and oddly even nicer to have Oksana with me.

She helped me make dinner like we used to. We stood shoulder to shoulder cutting up vegetables, sipping wine and keeping up a small conversation.

“Relighting an old flame are we Zhenya,” my Russian friend Max nudged me and whispered in my ear as Oksana washed a few dishes.
“As always,” I smiled. But honestly I didn’t know what I was doing. You could say I was probably trying to fix my ego. No woman ever denied me like Kodi had and I didn’t take to losing well, ever. So if having a good time with Oksana was going to take my mind of everything then so be it.

“Are you ok?” Sergei sat down next to me at the table for dinner.
“Yeah why wouldn’t I be?”
“I thought you were too pre occupied with Kodi for this to happen this year.”
“What are you talking about?” I frowned turning my head in his direction.
“You have been staring at Oksana all night, what’s going on?”
“Nothing.”
“You are the worst liar.”

So I had been staring at Oksana all night, why does it concern him? I can look at whoever I want all night. I can be interested in whoever I want. It doesn’t concern him.

“Just be careful, don’t let this Kodi girl get to you.”
“She’s not,” I smiled as Oksana put her hand on my shoulder and let it slide over my chest.
“Merry Christmas,” she whispered in my ear.
"Merry Christmas,” I wasn’t sure if this was what I wanted or if what drunk, sex driven Evgeni wanted but I wasn’t passing up anything at the moment.

Oksana seemed just have that effect on me. She somehow managed to always make me fall ridiculously head over heels for her every time she was around.

But the main reason I was more than happy to have her around was because I wasn’t thinking about Kodi all the time. I was certain she would give in soon and maybe if I had Oksana with me it would help. Maybe as one last favor Oksana would help me with this.

“Is something wrong?” she came over and sat next to me on the couch as I stared blankly at the wall in the lounge room.
“Uh no,” I shook my head.
“Come on Zhenya don’t try and lie to me, I know you,” she placed her hand on my leg. That was the other problem. She could read me like a book, there was no escaping her.
“A girl, it’s nothing,” I shook my head.
“Oh I am sorry,” she pulled her hand away.
“It’s ok, she was just a one night stand. It really is nothing.”
“Zhenya,” she shook her head disapprovingly, “that never stopped you with me,” she reminded.
“Yeah but she isn’t interested,” I shrugged.

“I wasn’t interested at first but your persistence was hard to come by.”
“Really?” I rose my eyebrow at her as a playful smile tugged at her lips.
“You weren’t exactly my type, merely just a boy.”
“What about now?”
She sat down in my lap, “You are far from just a boy now.”

“Can I ask you a favor?” my hands found her hips.
“Anything,” she dragged her finger along my jaw and placed a soft kiss to my lips.
“You know what? I think it can wait until tomorrow,” I pushed her down into the sofa.

Life always felt like it made sense when I was with Oksana. She understood me, we had known each other for so long that things just seemed to fall in place when I was with her. After all Russian’s were meant to be with Russian’s.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok guys I am not exactly sure who you are supposed to dislike in this story but it's messy so stick with me on this