Making Up.

The Best Made Plans.

'That's some jacket' she smiled at her comic inspired jacket, 'I kinda made a standard for myself when I left university, do something that scares you everyday, this jacket is really brave' John laughed, 'I like it, and the philosophy and the shorts and converses, I really like it' 'well, summer's stiil here, just hanging on' John smiled, 'I agree, you look good' he blushed, she smiled, 'I think that's mutual' he smiled, 'you're English' 'I am, I moved here once I finished my degree' she smiled, 'so?' 'sorry, I just hadn't found that accent sexy before' she blushed, 'well, that's new' he laughed, 'I apologise' 'how does dating work in Arizona?' he grinned, 'dinner, myself you, bottle of something, take it from there?' 'slow then, is there a rule?' 'generally 5 dates' 'it wasn't in the citizenship test' John laughed, 'that's stuff you need to know' she nodded, 'I agree, who cares about dead presidents anyway?' he smirked, 'it's Arizona, far too many' laughing.

'So, you are?' 'I'm John' she leaned on the bar, resting her foot on the bar wall, 'and, you?' 'I'm Lucy, I'm doing a Phd here' 'wow, really? In what?' 'Music' he smiled, 'so, what kind?' 'well, it's Musicology, it's about the Rolling Stones production and sound engineering?' 'serious' 'I am an audio geek so to speak, I love production and everything like that, I ran a studio in England, but I am still looking for something here' he grinned, 'I'm in a band' 'hmm, that would do' he laughed, 'we just opened our own studio' 'better' he laughed, 'and, you should come and see it, in fact come and see it now, I'm heading there after this beer' she smiled, 'that's awesome, be quick' he laughed, 'alright, I'll take it with me, got a car' 'I do indeed' getting in her car, 'Lucy, you need directions' 'Lucy please'.

'Oh my god, this is beautiful' sitting down, John smiled, 'this is Lucy, she loves this stuff' 'eurgh, my spare room is filled with shit like this' Gare smirked, 'where did you find that Jacket?' 'it's awesome isn't it, and brave, very brave' John laughed as she slipped it off and put it on the back of the chair, 'may I?' 'are you good with direction?' 'of course, but I will offer advice if I think there's a better way' 'well, that's your job' 'indeed' John smiled, 'so, what is your sound' 'rock and roll' 'thank god' John smirked, 'I'll show you some examples' heading inside and singing Love & Drugs, 'you've not heard of The Maine?' 'I come from England, so if I haven't I apologise, but I've just become a fan, you have a crazy good voice' John blushed, 'thank you, you think?' 'I do think' he grinned, 'thanks' working with them, 'do you have twitter?' '@Lucycaswell' 'awesome' tweeting.

'If you try this? May I?' 'course' taking Gare's guitar and playing a chord down, 'video memory' Gare smiled playing the chords again, 'it might work better, maybe?' Gare nodded as he begun to play again, 'you have a good ear' 'my dad was in a big metal band in England, it's all I've ever known' John smiled, 'metal?' 'hmm, he was a drummer in a band called Poison Ivy in the eighties' Pat playing a drum section, 'that is what I've heard all my freakin' life' John laughed, 'how come you're so normal?' 'my dad was the eldest in the band, so most rational' 'good dad' 'legend, he taught me drums and guitar, I don't have issues' John smiled, 'so why leave?' 'cos my dad is in California these days, but it's not my scene so I came here to study' 'cool' John nodded, 'me too, you should hear in Birthday in Los Angeles' 'I met scientologists on mine, bonkers' 'you really should then' Jared added.

John walked with her, ‘I apologise, you have a really good group working with you, most of my dad’s band after seven years were dead I think’ John laughed, ‘sorry’ ‘it’s cool, I hope I get to work with you again, but I think you wanted to buy me pizza?’ ‘pizza, huh?’ he grinned, ‘or, we could do it your way’ ‘the English way’ wrapping an arm round her waist, ‘oh, I like this’ he grinned, ‘good’ ‘so you wanna be my boyfriend and get to know one another?’ he grinned, ‘I absolutely think that’ he smiled, ‘ok then’ she kissed his cheek, ‘I’ll see you soon for that pizza’ he laughed, ‘your number?’ ‘back pocket sweetheart, do like a magic trick’ he grinned, ‘thanks’ shaking his head with a grin on his face.

-x-

John smiled, ‘studio then pizza?’ ‘sure’ he smiled taking her hand, ‘darling, here you go’ spinning her into the seat, she smiled sitting down, ‘I bought all your music, you changed’ he laughed, ‘have you ever thought of going back to CSWS and you know seeing what you could do with them now?’ ‘hmm, maybe, which ones?’ ‘personally, not ever You Left Me’ he laughed, ‘I can certainly agree on that’ they laughed, ‘hmm, probably Everything I Ask For, I Must Be Dreaming, This Is The End, Whoever She Is, then probably Count ‘em, probably cos it means something to you’ he grinned, ‘not girls do what they want?’ ‘it’s really annoying after a few plays’ he grinned, ‘thanks’ ‘no problem, Whoever She Is, though, damn’ he laughed, ‘you like that’ ‘I hope you still think like that’ ‘I do’ he grinned.

John kissed her softly, ‘eager love’ ‘I just wanted to’ she smiled, ‘good to know’ she smiled, ‘I had seen you before, far more embarassingly, but I was a bit drunk’ he laughed, ‘what?’ ‘All Time Low, you played with them in Nottingham?’ he smirked, ‘it was my birthday’ ‘you were so drunk you forgot the support?’ ‘I can’t mosh if I’m sober, I get a headache’ he laughed, ‘what do you think you’re getting the next day?’ ‘well, then I have a good excuse for said headache’ he laughed, ‘mad’ ‘yeah, I guess it is’ he grinned, ‘you forgot’ ‘I’m sorry, by the time they got to Time Bomb, I was a little wasted’ he laughed, ‘amazing’ ‘well, student days’ ‘we can’t drink here until we’re 21 ‘cos you stick to the rules of course’ he smirked, ‘true’ they laughed working on some vocals and heading out to a restaurant.

'You're on Twitter?' 'I am indeed' John smiled, 'are you an addict?' 'no, not really just follow my favourite bands, I don't tweet much, more stalking' John laughed, 'so, what do you do in your spare time?' 'I normally read a lot of books, particularly philosophy and stuff like that, I think you do a bit too' he smiled, 'I do like Sartre' 'I'm a little more political, but I have read Sartre' he smiled talking about philosophy and life after ordering food, he smiled, 'no, I don't regret making you my girlfriend' she laughed, 'I'm really glad' she smiled, 'I am a feminist, I know in AZ, it's complex, so I will be splitting the bill' 'really, no, come on' she smirked putting the cash down, 'have no cash' he grinned, 'so, they do splits here' 'eurgh, just this once, you can buy next time' 'fine' he grinned, 'good, but I know I believe in equality, but I am no expert in feminism' 'you will be, stick around' he grinned.

'Why are you a feminist?' 'cos when I told people I wanted to be a record producer, they told I would never make it, and it's a man's job, five albums and and a tonne of EP's later for some of the best, I think I'm making it' he grinned, 'who have you worked with?' she reeled off bands, he smiled, 'The Replacements' 'just a little, my dad knew them and he put in a good word, I don't brag about it, cos I didn't earn it' John looked at her, 'well, you know, I have pride issues' he laughed, 'so if you did our record, you wouldn't be proud of it?' 'oh, I would cos it would kick ass, but you all have to choose me' he laughed, 'I'll bare it in mind' she nodded, 'kick ass?' 'well, you like to experiment more than some bands, also you're not so lechy, which is a good combination' 'lechy?' 'Jack Barakat' John laughed, 'amazing, you worked with them' 'I did on Don't Panic, I'm in the cover anyway' John grinned, 'fine' heading home.

-x-

a few months later:-

John smirked, ‘why you wear swimsuits in bed?’ she smiled, ‘I like them and when I’m lazy I can sling jeans over them’ he smirked, ‘fine’ removing it from her body, ‘though you are naked pretty quickly, ‘you’re making me feel self conscious’ ‘I love you’ ‘I love you too, but still’ he grinned, ‘you have a beautiful body’ kissing down her body, using his mouth, ‘fuck’ swirling his tongue, ‘you don’t wear a bra’ ‘they’re fitted John’ he grinned, ‘not I have much going on up here, why the hell do you even like me?’ he laughed, ‘because, baby, you’re perfect to me in every way, we work brilliantly’ continuing with his fingers and mouth, she shook in pleasure.

'You suffer don't you from SAD?' 'I do' 'season's change but people don't, Lucy, you'll still be the girl I'm in love with come March, when Spring comes darling' 'thank you' caressing his cheek, 'that's why I love you' he grinned, 'I love you too, you get better when I make you feel better' 'I think I'll ride that high all day' rolling on top, 'you;'ll be pleased' he grinned getting off thanks to her lips, 'I have interviews today after working with Of Mice And Men, so I'm going to go do those and then I'll come back and stay in bed, but I'll get chores done, while I have a modicum of motivation' he grinned, 'we can always go somewhere warm darling?' 'I'll be fine' she smiled kissing him softly, licking his lips, he smirked, 'you are filthy' 'I know you like it' they giggled, as she headed off.

Getting the interviews done and the chores, John leaned on the door frame, ‘I worry about you’ ‘it’s why I’m not letting you move in, cos you’ll mollycoddle, I love you, but I don’t like people constantly telling me to stop, it’s quite annoying’ ‘darling, I know how you work, I wouldn’t’ he smiled, ‘promise?’ ‘I promise, darling, if I recall on one of our first dates you said if you weren’t doing something, you felt like your life was going nowhere, I’m not going to make you feel worse than you do’ ‘I need a distraction, let’s do Christmas here’ ‘serious?’ ‘well, I can cook, and stuff, it’s a big place, and then I can do something, cos my hands are really itchy’ he smiled, ‘and, I wanna decorate the place a little, and shopping’ John smiled, ‘fine come on then, get a nice tree’ John kissing her softly, ‘exactly, we’ll have your parents over for Christmas eve or something’ she rubbed her head, ‘ok’ ‘ok’ she grinned.

'This is amazing Lucy' 'well, John helped a lot, he did the decorating, he's quite the designer' John smiled, 'it's much better sharing it with people though' leading them to the dining area, 'so have you had a good christmas?' 'really good' she smiled trying to keep her chin up, her birthday was in 4 weeks she had something to look forward to, and Valentines, she had a lot, she smiled, John grabbed her waist, 'stop thinking, and feeding these people' John grinned, 'I apologise, pumpkin soup, get the bread out would you' he grinned, 'course' taking it out of the oven, 'I apologise for the delay, got distracted' 'no problem' talking with his family over dinner, 'this is damn good food' 'I'm glad you like, I bake far too much' 'no you don't' John grinned, 'her cake is ridiculous, when I'm home it disappears quick' 'me and Tess swap recipes' she beamed, knowing she did have the best boyfriend in the world.

'John, thank you for being the best gift in the world' he smiled tangling fingers, 'any time darling, thank you for arriving too' she looked at him, 'I don't think you really know how rare and precious you are' he blushed, 'you do it for the people you love and care about darling, no one's perfect, and if telling you I love you a bit more is all it takes for us to be good, then it's an easy thing to do' she snuggled into him, he smiled, 'you'll be ok, my darling' 'I really like being your darling' he grinned, 'mutual' wrapping her up, he sung whoever she is in her ear, 'remember baby' she giggled, 'you are ridiculously perfect John O'Callaghan' he laughed, 'I am not, I'm just a cheesy goofball' 'but you're my cheesy goofball' he grinned, 'well, I waited a long time for a girl like you to arrive, now sleep, Christmas day' they giggled, falling asleep.

-x-

A year later:-

'Lightbox, huh?' 'indeed, it makes me better' he grinned, 'I'm glad babe' pulling her on his lap, kissing her neck softly, John grinned at her holding hi hand, Lucy smiled, 'you're tickling my neck with your breath and you're ruining my christmas present' he smirked, 'good' she smiled, 'I love you' 'I love you too, Lucy' picking her up and putting her on the bed, 'do you remember when we did Christmas because you needed a big distraction to stop you feeling sad?' 'yes, I do, good soup and how I ended up baking more' John grinned, 'I am so glad you did, but my god I work out more' 'fine with me' kissing him deeply running her fingers up his shirt and pulling it off, he smirked, 'well, I was thinking seeing as you planned that so well, you could plan something else?' 'and, what would that be Mr?' 'our wedding, to make you my missus' 'oh, my god yes!' he grinned, 'now aren't you glad we're in bed?' 'you will be more'.

John laid back, ‘I am spent darling’ she smiled, ‘well deserved’ he grinned, ‘glad you think so’ resting her head on his chest, kissing her cheek, ‘I’m really glad you wanna spend your life with me’ she murmured looking at him, he smiled, ‘who else? We work well together, look at the album’ ‘even Kerrang! Gave you a good review’ he smirked, ‘you take them personally’ ‘oh, yes I do, my friend’s enemies are my enemies’ he grinned, ‘you are weird, I’m in love with you, but I love you’ Lucy giggled, ‘thank you’ ‘we can have kids right?’ ‘course, I want them’ John smiled, ‘good, cos I think you’d be a great mum’ ‘you’ll be a great dad’ he grinned, ‘glad you think so’ John ran his fingers around her belly, she giggled, ‘you’ve makde me stupidly broody now, Lucy’ she laughed, ‘I’m 23, you can hold your horses, darling’ he smirked, ‘but we’re good’ ‘maybe, once we’re married, on our anniversary, in August?’ ‘sure, darling’ he grinned.

they lived happily.
♠ ♠ ♠
so it's a little dirty, apologies.