Making Up.

Oh My Gorgeous Arizona.

‘Hello?’ flashing her torch in the direction of the man on the canyon, she messaged the driver, ‘I’m finishing shift, you go home, and I’ll get home from here’ ‘good night, Lu!’ ‘night, Mike, out’ walking over to him, ‘hello, Sir, are you ok?’ he was very drunk, ‘leave me alone’ he slurred, ‘do you need me to drive you home, you’re inebriated sir’ he smiled, throwing a bottle over his shoulder he caught it ‘only if you’re staying with me’ ‘what would your mother think?’ he smiled, ‘I think she knows I’m no good darling’ she smiled, ‘what’s your name?’ ‘John Cornelius O’Callaghan the fifth’ she smiled, ‘well John Cornelius, that is an awesome middle name, O’Callaghan the fifth, why are you getting drunk in the middle of the desert at 3am?’ ‘why are you here?’ ‘it’s my job’ she smiled.

‘I am getting drunk, cos there’s no one to stop me getting drunk?’ ‘and, what would stop you getting drunk, personally I prefer drinking with music but whatever you like’ ‘what do you like?’ ‘all the music I like seems to be old to people, but I love Tom Petty, and The Beatles, and a lot of pop punk apparently’ he laughed, ‘I love Tom Petty’ ‘Wildflowers is my favourite, but Mary Jane’s Last Dance-’ he smiled, ‘good choices’ ‘have we met before?’ she asked, ‘I’m in a band’ ‘yes, course, I don’t recognise you with your shirt on, The Maine’ he laughed, ‘I had it off then’ ‘it was 2010 I think, you’re on tour with Rocket over the Summer?’ ‘indeed’ ‘gutted it’s their last tour but it’s the right thing to do for them’ he smiled, ‘can you drive me home?’ ‘be a honour’ he laughed.

‘Madam, can you ask him to put his shirt on’ ‘sorry Officer Steele, I’m the park Warden, found this guy drunk in the park, just driving him home’ showing her badge, ‘oh, go ahead Officer and good night’ slipping his shirt on, ‘that’s one hell of a badge you got there’ heading into Chandler, ‘I daresay’ he smiled, arriving at his apartment, ‘I don’t live far from here, so I’ll help you in, and let you sleep, I’ll pop round around 2, to ask how you are’ he smiled, ‘thank you’.



‘Thanks’ ‘Advil, hydration salts, everything for a good breakfast, bottles of water and orange juice, you’re gonna need it all’ ‘what cloud in heaven did you fall from?’ she smiled, ‘I just wanted to make sure you were okay, you seemed, morose’ ‘seems I’ll never be happy’ she nodded, ‘you needn't feel like that, you have everything you ask for’ ‘no, I don’t, I wanna fall in love with someone, to steal my heart, but no one does’ ‘so here is my guide on how to be alone, don’t get drunk on your own?’ he smirked, ‘thank you’ ‘no problem, I just was worried about you, I know, I just helped you get home but-’ ‘it’s fine, you’re an officer, it’s kind of you’ hearing the door knock.

‘this is officer Lucy Smith, she’s a park warden’ ‘howdy’ he laughed, ‘nice to meet you, whatcha doing?’ ‘I was just checking on him, he was drunk in the desert last night, with a big bottle of JD’ Jared nodded, ‘dude, again?’ she smiled, ‘I don’t know, I feel better out there, oh my gorgeous Arizona’ ‘here’s to getting caught with you right?’ he smiled, ‘exactly’ ‘I think your eggs and bacon are burning?’ ‘oh shit’ heading for the kitchen, as he just rescued them, ‘I should go’ ‘oh, don’t Lu-’ he smiled, ‘ermm, I have a lecture at 4 so-’ ‘I’ll run you in, promise’ ‘OK’ ‘what do you study?’ ‘3rd year philosophy’ she smiled, ‘how did you end up being in the park?’ ‘my dad, is head warden, and I love working there’ she smiled, ‘are you paid?’ ‘you do all nighters for free?!’ he laughed.

‘Lu?’ she looked a little tired, ‘yeah?’ ‘would you date me, I don’t know, I think I found the girl I want to steal my heart’ she smiled, taking his rough hands, ‘are you sure, I go camping, and I’m just not girly, I own a motorbike’ he laughed, ‘you've given me two more good reasons to like you’ ‘well, I’m down with it’ he smiled, ‘awesome, where would you like to go?’ ‘can we go bowling or something?’ he smiled, ‘absolutely’ she smiled, ‘the fries are really nice at the bowling lanes’ he laughed, ‘thanks, I’ll buy you some’ laughing, ‘do you wanna watch a film and then go?’ he smiled, ‘I think your survival kit did the trick, ‘it was mine for my night out at the weekend, I know’ John laughed, ‘I like your style’ laughing.



‘You look gorgeous’ she smiled, as he trailed a hand round her waist, ‘going in?’ ‘sure’ he smiled, ordering her fries and a couple of beers, ‘these are good’ ‘I know’ they giggled, Lu put her name in, and then John’s in, and began to play, ‘just popping to the bathroom, be right back’ she smiled, changing his name on the screen to big boy, she smirked as he came back he got a strike, she laughed as he looked up, ‘thanks Lu’ ‘I could have done worse’ ‘you could I like that one’ changing his name back, he changed hers to hot damn, she laughed, ‘why thank you?’ they giggled, finishing the game.

‘I really really like you, I like how much fun you are’ she smiled, ‘mutual’ John kissed her softly, ‘do you have butterflies?’ ‘I met a boy who makes me feel seasick’ he grinned, ‘good’ kissing passionately, ‘but you do have to steal mine too, you know’ ‘well, I think our next date, we’ll go to my favourite desert, knowing how much you like Wildflowers?’ ‘Sonora’ ‘dammit girl’ they giggled, ‘I know Arizona like the back of my hand, love’ he smiled, ‘fine, but can I?’ ‘surprise me’ he smiled, ‘I will, it’s a bit more than wildflowers’ ‘good’ she nodded, ‘I’ll be away a lot’ ‘I know, it comes with the territory, and I’m busy with my own’ he smiled.

John took her hand, ‘so I’ll see you when?’ ‘Friday you’re out right?’ ‘hmm, Saturday afternoon?’ ‘I like that’ she kissed him softly, he grinned against her lips, ‘see you then love’ ‘see you’ heading home she laughed, she had John O’Callaghan practically putty in her hand, and damn, she was putty in his hands too, he was gorgeous, and damn, he was awesome, he liked her for all things he did, and it was mutual.



‘You look amazing’ ‘I don’t feel it, my brain feels like wool, sleeping with sirens were loud’ he laughed, ‘what did you expect?’ she laughed, ‘well, I saw them on Warped, not the same’ he smiled, ‘anyway, it’s all good, we going?’ ‘absolutely’ getting in his convertible, ‘your Harley?’ ‘absolutely, it’s my precious’ he grinned, ‘I wanna be pillion’ she smiled, ‘park up, let’s go’ going inside, he smiled, grabbing his backpack from the back, and being passed a helmet, she tapped him ‘don’t worry boy, I’ll take care of you’ he smiled, grabbing her waist and heading off the to Sonora Desert.

‘Fuck that was awesome’ resting her helmet on the bike with his and locking them up, she smiled, ‘glad you think so’ shaking her hair out, ‘you’re beautiful’ pulling her close, and kissing her neck, ‘god, don’t, it’s like my zone’ he grinned, ‘oh, really?’ swirling his tongue, ‘stop it’ she pouted with a grin, ‘we can find a little spot, and eat and make out?’ ‘hmm, I like this idea’ they grinned, heading to find a nice spot looking at the wildflowers, she found one someone had pulled up and tucked in her hair, he smiled, ‘my flower girl, you got me in a whirl’ he pulled her close, heading for the trees, they sat under one, ‘champagne, and strawberries’ she smiled, ‘you’re amazing’ ‘thank you’ snuggling into him, he poured them cups, sipping, ‘cheers’ they laughed, feeding each other strawberries.

‘John-’ she sighed, as he stroked his jeans, ‘god’ he groaned into her neck, ‘babe, you don’t mind bites do you’ she smiled, ‘depends where?’ ‘shoulder alright?’ ‘not my neck, they look bad’ he smiled, ‘you might be annoyed with me’ they giggled, ‘well, I have 6 weeks to wait for you to come back, and do it all again’ ‘I leave in a week’ he sighed, ‘babe’ he blushed, as she caressed his cheek, ‘will you be my girlfriend?’ she smiled, ‘I will’ he grinned, trailing his hands up her skirt, ‘are you coming back to mine?’

Getting into her apartment, falling into bed and making love, ‘I think I love you’ she smiled, ‘I think I love you too, we’ll keep in touch right’ ‘darling, to get rid of me now, you’ll have to lose me in the desert’ she laughed, ‘never happen’ they giggled, making love again, John held her, ‘stay until you leave?’ he grinned, ‘oh, baby, this is where I wanna be’ they kissed softly, ‘you really are beautiful you know?’ ‘nahh, but thank you’ he grinned, ‘my life to prove it’ kissing, staying in bed.



‘John, get on the bus’ he pouted, she smirked, ‘oh my poor lost boy’ he blushed, ‘I wanna be your lost boy’ ‘you are, come on bus’ he grinned, as Lu tapped him on the butt, he smiled, ‘I am so going to miss you’ ‘I’m going to miss you too, but think of the weekend we’re going to have when you get home, and it’s your birthday’ she smiled, ‘oh, god, you’re going to actually kill me’ they giggled, John leaning her over and kissed her deeply, ‘well, one for the dramatics, huh?’ ‘A Rocket To The Moon are on the bus too’ she looked up, ‘oh, John PDA-ing all over the place’ they laughed, ‘I’m Nick’ ‘I know’ she smiled, ‘she was gutted when you said you broke up’ ‘thanks John’ they laughed.

‘So, you’re John’s girlfriend’ ‘we’re rare I know, it’s like getting a bulbosaur shiny’ Nick laughed, ‘you like Pokemon?’ ‘I had all the cards, bar that, it hurts’ they laughed, ‘so, what do you do’ ‘I’m a philosophy student and a park warden, I take care of the desert too, it’s how I met him’ Nick smiled, ‘you’re a park warden?’ ‘I am indeed, I work mainly in the Gabor, but I was in Superstition, and John was drunk, and I got him home, and yeah-’ she smiled, ‘did you know’ ‘I did, but I think it kinda helps when you have a badge’ showing it off, ‘so, you can go anywhere?’ ‘in anything, and on anything’ she smiled, ‘Lu loves wrestling and Harry Potter and you can’t steal her’ Nick laughed, ‘dude, you’re fucking lucky from what I've heard’ she smiled, ‘well, whoever has you’ ‘hey!’ ‘ever enough’ ‘so you want a song?’ ‘not yet?’ they laughed.

’Mine’ ‘of course darling’ she smiled, ‘I know, you never have felt like this, I wouldn't hurt you, it would fuck you up for life, I don’t like that thought, and I love you, no one like you’ he smiled, ‘good’ ‘and, you’re mine too?’ he smiled, ‘darling, if I hurt you, I’d be a fucking idiot, never go regardless, either’ she smiled, ‘I’m glad to hear it’ they giggled, he held her tight to him, ‘I just wanna feel you pressed up against me, so I can imagine it tonight’ ‘don’t, I can’t deal with you not being there yet-’ she gulped, wiping her eyes, ‘I love you’ ‘I love you, I’ll see you in Tucson’ ‘on your motorbike’ ‘absolutely’ he grinned.



‘I get my girlfriend back today’ John grinned, looking at Tucson, he heard her before he saw her, ‘I came as early as I could’ kissing him deeply, he was the first to cry, ‘I had no idea how attached I was’ ‘me too, we've been together before that 3 weeks’ he smiled, taking her hands, ‘so glad I met you’ hugging her tight, ‘I've missed you so much’ she wiped his cheeks with her lost boys shirts, ‘I was helping Tim with some stuff, I do a minor in maths’ ‘smartass’ ‘he paid me with shirts’ John laughed, ‘my lost boy was everywhere’ ‘oh, you did it now’ finding a quiet room with a lock they stripped, making love, ‘John, god, yes-’ holding on to him, climaxing together, ‘I've missed that, and that’s the beginning, ‘we are going to have so much fun, the things I've bought’ ‘don’t’ giggling.

Jared found her, ‘you and John, if you don’t get married and have babies, I will be fucking amazed, he talks about you a lot, and then he depresses himself cos he misses you’ she nodded, ‘well, I can’t tell anyone, cos the shit you get for dating him would be intolerable, so not even being able to admit you love someone that’s so much harder’ Jared nodded, ‘of course, but you do make him happy’ ‘and, I’m glad too’ she smiled, John took her hand, ‘you OK babe?’ she smiled, ‘definitely, I’m standing at A Rocket To The Moon’s last show, I feel sad’ Nick threw an arm round her, ‘you really like us don’t you?’ ‘I was friends with you on Myspace, I’m not Debby Ryan-’ John laughed, ‘you’re amazing’.

‘You good?’ standing outside as he smoked, ‘fine, it seems so weird you know, all through my important education years they were playing, and now they’re not, I’m glad you’e not going to stop, for a while’ he smiled, ‘the only time I think I’ll stop now, is when we’re beginning our family’ ‘I’m glad’ she kissed his cheek, ‘it means a lot to you’ ‘it does, music got me through some stuff’ he pulled her close, ‘you and me both’ Nick found them, ‘you alright?’ ‘I’m fine, just waiting for the fan girls’ ‘you’re staying right?’ ‘do I have to?’ ‘you do’ ‘fine’ Nick laughed, ‘what’s your favorite?’ ‘Wild & Free, I think off this album, and Ever Enough, but If Only They Knew and Fear Of Flying’ ‘she’s so honest about it’ ‘when you tell lies, you have to remember things, and when it comes to people I have an awful memory’ they laughed.

John held her on the Harley, knowing the girl he was attached to, he always was going to be attached to.



a year later:-

‘Lu?’ ‘hmm?’ she smiled, wrapping up in the blankets, ‘you’re so beautiful’ she tousled her hair, ‘I have a job I love, I have really sexy boyfriend who I’m in love with, and an apartment with him in it, damn right, I’m beautiful, cos good things make me’ he grinned, getting back in bed, ‘I love you too’ kissing passionately, ‘I love your tongue, it’s extremely talented’ ‘then let me use it baby’ ‘someone’s feeling generous’ ‘you are very giving, darling’ ‘being called darling by you, is what made me crush on you in the first place’ he smiled, ‘good to know darling’ she blushed, he grinned, going down her body.

‘Making love wasn't my plan, well, it was but not now’ ‘can we just do the plan in bed, or the garden then bed?’ he smiled, ‘fine, we’ll be back here anyway’ she smiled, ‘I was wondering you’d consider being my Mrs O’Callaghan’ ‘absolutely’ passing her an old ring, ‘it’s gone through the family’ ‘well, who had it before’ ‘my mum’ ‘oh good’ he smiled, placing it on, ‘it’s gorgeous, and I’m proud to be your fiancee’ ‘darling, the fact I met you drunk, seems to be a good excuse for a crazy reception’ ‘free bar?’ he grinned, ‘absolutely’ they giggled.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you like this.