Making Up.

Forever Young.

‘Where the hell is the guitar coming from?’ ‘ahh, well, the girl next door is a big guitar player but her parents don’t want it in the house, so she built a treehouse she can play in and listen to records, seems like a good way round the problem, and I’m used to it’ Jenny smiled, ‘the girl next door how old is she?’ ‘21, goes to ASU, wants to be an academic or something’ John smiled, ‘I want to meet this kid’ ‘well, you know where she is’ he laughed walking in, ‘hello?’ he heard rustling, ‘hello, John?’ she looked a little stunned, ‘what are you doing in my garden?’ ‘I’m your neighbour’ ‘I'm Lucy, I’m a fan, I promise I won’t creep’ he laughed, ‘thanks, can I join you?’ ‘sure’.

John smiled as she took his hand and helped him in, ‘where I used to live we were on the hurricane line, so never got one, making up for it’ he smiled, ‘big kid’ ‘it’s more to be honest, I like my own company, no one can criticise or condemn you, I think my parents think I’m a fuck up but I’m hanging in there’ he smiled, ‘I know the feeling, but my parents aren’t so bad’ ‘when I heard that song, I felt like someone had summed me up, you know? It didn’t make me feel lonely’ he smiled, ‘I’m glad’ he grinned, ‘can I hug you?’ ‘I now need one, thanks!’ he laughed, hugging her, ‘good?’ ‘good, can I borrow that?’ ‘sure’ making music.

‘I should get going inside, it’s 8’ ‘I think we should order pizza get blankets and listen to your records?’ he grinned, she looked at him with a grin, ‘if I didn’t know you slept with a lot of people, I would totally fall for you’ he smiled weakly, ‘good, cos I want you too’ he grinned, ‘be back in ten ordering pizza and getting blankets’ she smiled, ‘ok’ ‘good’ he came back, ‘they’re going to call when it arrives’ ‘you can put it on the pully’ looking down, ‘that’s awesome’ ‘I tried to figure out something’ he smiled, ‘you know you’re remarkable?’ ‘I just wanna live’ ‘what do you study?’ ‘politics and philosophy’ he smiled, ‘amazing, good, we can talk Sartre?’ ‘it’s my thesis’ talking all evening.

John threw a blanket over them looking up at the starry skies, she rested on his chest, ‘I feel at home’ he smiled kissing her head, ‘me too’ she snuggled in to his chest, ‘I don’t wanna leave this tree’ she giggled, ‘I have to, I’m a proof reader’ he smiled, ‘good money?’ ‘indeed, indeed, I do a lot of PhD’s and stuff during the summer, you smell good’ he laughed, ‘would you like a boyfriend, I sometimes don’t, at the end of tours?’ ‘I think if we can make it that far, I doubt I will care what you smell like?’ he laughed, ‘I sure hope so’ falling asleep.
-x-
‘Miss Caswell’ ‘Mr O’Callaghan’ ‘hello, I was wondering I could take you out before my Australia tour?’ ‘will it involve ice cream this week is an ice cream week’ ‘that week’ she nodded scrunching up her nose’ ‘come on, what’s your favourite?’ ‘mint choc chip’ ‘excellent choice, at least you can walk and not attempt to kill me’ ‘I always thought PMS was an excuse for women to do that’ he laughed, ‘I’m sure in some parts of America, they could get away with it’ he smiled, ‘where would you like to go?’ ‘dance in the desert?’ ‘sounds nice’ ‘with ice cream’ ‘even better’ he laughed.

John held her close, dancing with her, he spun her, she smiled, ‘you ok?’ ‘I’m on so much advil, I can barely feel a thing’ he laughed, ‘you’re incredible’ kissing her head, ‘are you a romantic?’ ‘I would be more if I wasn’t allergic to roses, awkward on prom night, all over the bed and the rash’ he laughed his head off, she giggled, ‘that happened, so I guess don’t buy me roses’ he kissed her deeply, she smiled against his lips, ‘ok?’ ‘yeah, I’d be happier if I could jump your bones’ he laughed, ‘they get me horny’ giggling.

John held her in the back of the car listening to Death Cab, ‘I’m no expert on this band, but I like this song’ he smiled, ‘I’m just glad you admit you aren’t, I met another girl, she just made it up I think’ she nodded, ‘you have August And Everything After though?’ he smiled, ‘you like Counting Crows?’ ‘yeah, I do, that album was the first I bought, I think they’re a good band to grow up with’ he grinned, ‘me too’ putting that on at the end, they sung a long, snuggling into him, eating melted ice cream.

‘Home, miss?’ ‘do we have to?’ ‘nope, blankets in the back?’ ‘awesome’ he smiled, passing her a bottle off JD, ‘your tipple?’ ‘indeed’ ‘hmm, I like Captain Morgan’ ‘she likes the taste of Captain Morgan?’ he grinned, ‘hmm, when you put it like that’ he laughed, ‘Give A Damn right?’ ‘I was just on tour with them’ she laughed too, ‘good point’ sipping from the bottle, he was a little surprised, ‘was I not supposed to?’ ‘I’m surprised you did’ ‘back where I used to live in Baltimore, there was a shed, and we used to drink and play stuff there’ he smiled, ‘sounds like 8123’ talking about their youth.

John kissed her softly, ‘I hope you feel better soon’ ‘I will’ he smiled, ‘you going to be ok while I’m away?’ ‘I’m sure I will be’ ‘good, it’s two weeks, then we have two together, then I’m on tour for a month across the US then two more weeks’ ‘ok’ she nodded, ‘ok’ he smiled, ‘good’ falling asleep holidng her.

-x-

John found her up in the tree house two weeks later, ‘John!’ he smiled, ‘hey babe’ kissing her deeply, she nearly fell backwards, ‘I brought things but you’ll have to pull it up’ pulling it up, she smiled, ‘aww, you sweetheart’ he grinned taking out blankets and a picnic, ‘I thought seeing as I just left you’ ‘I kind of expected it to be honest’ they giggled, John pulling the pretty little blonde on his lap, putting her guitar down, he kissed her neck, ‘thanks for letting me call Lucy’ ‘I’m glad you did’ ‘babe, I’m sorry with what happened?’ ‘my parents are my biggest critics’ ‘we’ll have a house sweetie with a big tree in the back’ she smiled, ‘thank you’ ‘no, you stole my heart, thank you’.

‘I stole your heart?’ ‘you didn’t have to do much?’ ‘I noticed, how?’ ‘just being yourself’ she smiled, ‘I’m just glad someone understand how I feel, and I just feel like I fit with you’ kissing her head, ‘I love you, that’s all I know’ John smiled, ‘I love you to Johnny’ he grinned, laying her on rug he’d brought, ‘no one can see us right?’ ‘nope’ she bit her finger grinning, ‘good, want to?’ ‘I think there’s not much choice, also is it weird I like the idea of getting caught?’ he grinned, ‘you’re a naughty girl, I like it’ making love in the tree house.

Lucy rested on his chest, as he twirled her hair with a smile, ‘man, you were worth the wait, you have some moves babe’ she smiled, ‘glad you think so, I watch far too much porn’ he laughed, passing her the bottle of jim beam, she took a sip, ‘I admire your experience’ he grinned, ‘I’m glad, you’re not fucked up to meet my friends are you?’ ‘not tonight?’ he smiled, ‘no, Lu, sometimes soon’ ‘that’s fine, tonight I wanna stay here’ he kissed her softly, ‘me too’.
-x-
A year later:-

‘I wish we were back in our treehouse’ she smiled, ‘me too, but we’re on tour mate’ he smiled, ‘I’m glad you can come with us to Europe, I really miss you when I’m gone’ ‘babe, that’s why Tim invited me, you kinda slip on tour’ she looked sad, ‘I really think you rely on me a lot to make you happy, it’s not healthy’ he smiled, ‘I know’ tangling fingers with hers, ‘I know, but I never fell in love until I met you, so I guess not quite used to it, and now I don’t have to cos you do all the communications’ she smiled, ‘indeed’ she nodded, ‘indeed, but it’s still not a good thing, but I suppose now I’m here you don’t feel crap’ ‘I love you Lu’ ‘I love you too’ kissing him softly, ‘it was a year ago we were in our tree house making love for the first time’ he smiled, ‘I’m glad we moved it into our garden’ ‘me too’ she smiled.

John smiled getting home ‘me, you treehouse now’ ‘oh, I love it when you tell me what to do’ ‘well, I am your boss’ he smirked, kissing her, ‘John, I love it when you’re like this’ ‘I know’ he grinned, ‘why do you love me Lu?’ ‘I’d be here all day, the colour of your eyes, the way you smile when you learn something new about me, the soft kisses on my head falling asleep, so many things’ he grinned, ‘I love you for the way you push your glasses up when the book gets interesting, and the way you brush your lips on mine to wake me up’ he smiled, ‘and, you’re always there for me’ she smiled too, ‘I always want to be’.

‘Lu?’ ‘hmm?’ ‘what scares you most?’ ‘snakes and death’ he laughed, ‘why snakes?’ ‘I don’t know, I just saw one look at me and knocked over my mother getting out of a reptile house’ resting on his chest in their tree, he chuckled, ‘and, death’ ‘cos I’d have to leave you, I hope you go first’ he smiled, ‘me too, to be honest’ he felt a tear hit his chest, ‘babe’ ‘sorry, I don’t like thinking about it’ holding her tight, ‘no need to apologise’ he sniffed, she smiled, ‘John, I wanna spend my life with you getting to know you, being your best friend’ he grinned, ‘me too, why I bought this?’ passing her a ring, ‘will you marry me?’ ‘I will’ making love.

‘What do you wanna do?’ ‘what do you mean?’ ‘like in the future, do you want a family, also, how? Cos there’s no way I can be on tour and be pregnant’ ‘we’ll time it right, so you can still do the work and you give birth during recording, take it with us?’ ‘and, when it’s old enough to go to school?’ ‘depends when you want them?’ ‘we’ll decide, we’re both kinda young’ ‘indeed, I do want one’ ‘I know, you want six surely’ tracing his tattoo ‘we’ll figure it out, I love you’ kissing him softly, ‘I love you too’ he traced her lips, ‘Lu, I promise you I’m good, I just need you around’ she smiled, ‘I need you too’.

‘You didn’t ask me to marry you so I wouldn’t leave?’ ‘no!’ ‘good’ he smiled, ‘I asked you cos I want my life with you, and wanna take care of you as much as you take care of me’ kissing her softly, ‘to be honest, I don’t wanna share this tree house for a while’ he grinned, ‘to be honest neither do I’.
they lived happily.
♠ ♠ ♠
it's ok.