‹ Prequel: Twisted Fate
Status: Not edited either sorry guys.

Twisted Fate 1.5

Chapter Four

Serenity’s POV:

“What have you done” I yell at Balthazar as he stands in his office with a few of his men holding 7 kids.

“This is none of your concern Serenity” he growls menacingly.

“Daddy please don’t hurt them” Amara says running into the office.

“Amara what are you doing in here” he says picking her up.

“I don’t want you to hurt them. I promise to train harder and they can train with me, please daddy” she says as tears start to form in her eyes.

“How about I make you a deal my little one, you promise me to train harder and have them train with you and you make sure they know the rules because if they mess up not only will they be punished but so will you” he says looking her in the eyes.

“I promise I’ll teach them Daddy and they can even share a room with me, Jason, and Jacob because they can help with the boys” she says readily.

“Fine but one wrong move Amara and you will be punished” he says as she grabs ahold of the kid’s nodding her head and dragging them to her room.

“She is really advanced for being almost 3 years old Balthazar” one of the men say.

“Yes she is” Balthazar smiles before turning to me. “You will be in charge of their care just like you are for Amara, Jacob, and Jason” he snaps and then dismisses me. Taking no chances I run out of the room and into Amara’s bedroom where I see all the kids playing and getting along.

“Amara, baby come here” I say picking her up and hugging her. “Please don’t ever do that again you know how he is when he is mad” I say looking at her face and smoothing her hair back.

“I’m sorry mommy but I couldn’t let them get hurt. I heard that he was gonna get some kids taken from their mommy’s and daddies and I couldn’t let him hurt them more” she says.

“I know baby” I say with a weak smile and looking down some of the kids look familiar. “Hey what are your names” I ask kneeling next to them.

“I’m Julian and this is my twin Cain” says a little boy with black hair and artic blue eyes. He pointed to a little boy that has blonde hair and emerald green eyes. I can’t believe they are twins. Letting Amara go Julian and Cain pull her to them and I smile.

“I’m Jeremiah and this is my sister Elena” says a little boy with dark brown hair and grey eyes. He points to a little girl with medium light brown hair and golden brown eyes standing next to Jacob.

“And I’m Blake and this is Crystal” a little boy says with black hair and forest green eyes. He is holding hands with a little blonde hair blue eyed girl.

“I’m Jessica” a little girl says with blonde hair and almond brown eyes, standing next to Jason.

“Well I am Amara’s mommy, Serenity, and those are her brothers Jacob and Jason” I say smiling and pointing to the boys. “Who are your parents” I ask them.

“Our mommy is Aria” Cain says.

“I know your mommy” I say smiling at the thought of my old friend. Now I know I will protect these kids with my life. Before any of the others can say anything the door opens and in walks Lydia and her daughter Sophia. Sophia is a human/vampire hybrid. Her mother was kidnapped and brought her to Balthazar as a peace offering and got pregnant by one of the vampires who used her.

“Serenity can you please take care of Sophia I am not going to last much longer” Lydia says limping into the room.

“Of course I’ll look after her till you get better” I say standing to take Sophia her. Putting Sophia with the kids Jeremiah instantly walks over to her like he’s going to protect her.

“I’m not going to get better not this time. They have been talking about my uselessness more because of my aging. I heard them saying they were going to drain me tonight and now I can die happy knowing she will be taken are of” she says looking at Sophia with the other kids.

“I will treat her like she is one of my own” I say and she gives me a sad smile and walks to Sophia to give her one last hug and kiss.

“They are going to kill my mommy huh” Sophia says crying after Lydia leaves the room.

“Oh baby” I say picking her up and hugging her. Amara walks over and puts her hand on Sophia’s leg and it instantly calms her. Looking down at my daughter I am completely shocked how is that possible.

“I’m tiered mommy” Amara says looking at me with her violet eyes.

“Okay baby I think it’s time for everyone to go to bed. Tomorrow I will get Daddy to give you a free day so you can all rest and you can teach them the rules. Now where will every one sleep” I say out loud looking around the room at the only bed in the room.

Without a thought Amara jumps up grabbing all the pillows off the bed along with the blankets. Laying down the two sheets side by side she puts the pillows down and looks at me. “Mommy can you please get us a few extra blankets and pillows”

“Sure baby, why don’t you all lay down and I will be right back” I say walking out the door and into my room.

“Where have you been” Balthazar growls as I enter.

“I was making sure all the children were settled. I need to take them a few more blankets and pillows but I will be right back” I say and he just nods. I quickly walk into the room with the extra pillows and blankets and give them all a kiss goodnight. Taking a deep breath I walk back into my room where Balthazar is waiting.

“I was wondering if the kids could have a free day. Well not technically a free day they will learn the rules but I was hoping that was all they had to do and maybe just an hour of training before bed” I ask quickly looking at him.

“It will cost you Serenity” he says smirking.

“And what will it cost” I ask trying not to show my nervousness.

“Doing whatever I want tonight” he says stalking over to me. As he kisses me I can’t help the single tear roll down my face as I think this is going to be a long night and he will be anything but gentle.