Blood Angels

Chapter Six

Melody’s POV:

After the bath Blade gave me and after Fang dressed me I was placed in the back of the SUV with Luther and Cole driving. Last night had been the best sleep I’ve ever had sleeping with the three of them. When I was wrapped up with the three of them I felt whole, safe, protected, and loved like nothing was missing and everything was complete. I don’t know why I feel like this I have only known these guys for a day and I feel like I can’t live without them and that scares me. I think I’m going to distance myself from them because what if my dad finds me if I keep my distance then they should be safe.

“Melody, you okay” Cole asks from front pulling me out of my thoughts.

“Yeah I’m okay why” I say looking at him.

“We were asking what you wanted for breakfast and you never responded” he says looking at me with concern.

“Oh I’m sorry I was in my own little world and as for breakfast I don’t eat breakfast” I whisper the last part and he frowns. Cole reaches into the back seat and I whimper and shrink into the corner with my head pressed against the window. “I’m sorry please don’t hurt me I’ll eat whatever you want me too” I whimper and can feel the tears running down my face.

“Pull over” Cole says and Luther does as he’s told. No sooner has the car stopped I hear a door open and slam shut. I open my eyes to see Cole pacing back and forth in front of the car. Luther gets out of the car to comfort him and I open my door quietly and hear Cole say “she thought I was gonna hit her Luth, I would never do that.” I get out of the car and walk over to Cole and wrap my arms around his waist.

“I’m sorry I reacted that way I’m just so used to being hit for everything it’s practically automatic. I didn’t mean to make you upset” I tell him still hugging him. He turns around in my arms and hugs me back.

“I would never hit you Little One please believe me because that is the truth. I know you’ve been through a lot but none of us here would ever hit you” he says into my hair.

“I know and I’m sorry but please be patient with me you’ve all only just rescued me a day ago I’m still not believing this isn’t a dream and that I’m going to wake up and everything is going to be back to the way it was” I say into his chest and he nods.

As we continue to stand there just hugging neither of us realizes that everyone else has come back to where our car is parked. I guess Luther told them everything that happened because the next thing I know we are in a group hug.

“This isn’t a dream Mel we are really out of there” Gem says.

“Yeah Mel we are all family now and we are never going back” Sam adds.

“They are both right we are all family now and the guys that are waiting for us in Cali are family too so get used to it Sweetheart” Gunner says and I laugh.

“Thanks guy’s now how about we get back on the road so we can get home” I say with a big smile and they all agree. I climb back into the car, well Slash put me back in the car saying I shouldn’t be walking yet since I still need to heal but whatever. I see all the guys climb onto their motorcycles with Gemma and Sam on the back. After everyone is situated and they all have their bluetooths in, and they are the expensive ones that block out all other noise, we get back on the road.

“Can we listen to some music” I ask Luther and Cole.

“Yeah hear is my ipod pick whatever you want” Luther says handing me a black ipod touch. Scrowling through I find ‘I Will not Bow’ by Breaking Benjamin and get it ready to play.

“Okay before I press play I am going to warn you that we will be listening to the music loud and I will be blessing you with my horrible singing voice” I say and laugh along with them.

“Well then let’s turn this up and see what you got” Cole says turning the volume up. He pulls out his phone to make a call and I just shrug it off and press play. What I know it’s rude but he didn’t say I couldn’t press play yet. The music starts and I get lost in it immediately and start singing.

Fall

Now the dark begins to rise

Save your breath, it's far from over

Leave the lost and dead behind

Now's your chance to run for cover

I don't want to change the world

I just wanna leave it colder

Light the fuse and burn it up

Take the path that leads to nowhere

All is lost again

But I'm not giving in

I will not bow

I will not break

I will shut the world away

I will not fall

I will not fade

I will take your breath away

Fall

Watch the end through dying eyes

Now the dark is taking over

Show me where forever dies

Take the fall and run to Heaven

All is lost again

But I'm not giving in

I will not bow

I will not break

I will shut the world away

I will not fall

I will not fade

I will take your breath away

And I'll survive, paranoid

I have lost the will to change

And I am not proud, cold-blooded fake

I will shut the world away

Open your eyes!

I will not bow

I will not break

I will shut the world away

I will not fall

I will not fade

I will take your breath away

And I'll survive; paranoid

I have lost the will to change

And I am not proud, cold-blooded fake

I will shut the world away

Fall!

At the end of the song I open my eyes and realize we have stopped driving again and the guys are staring at me like I’ve gotten another head. I could hear voices coming from the phone that was still on the call in Cole’s hand but couldn’t make out what they were saying.

“What” I ask looking at them.

“I thought you said you couldn’t sing” Luther says looking at me in awe.

“I can’t” I say with a shrug.

“Are you kidding us right now” Cole says shocked. “You can sing like an angel and all these guys agree” he says motioning to the phone.

“Oh” was my smart reply. Just as Luther was about to say something there was a knock on his window and I see everyone looking at us worried.

“Hey guys, what’s up” Luther asks rolling down his window.

“What’s up? Why the hell have you three stopped again? What’s wrong” Snake asks annoyed.

“Oh Melody was singing and she warned us she would be horrible and Cole was on the phone with Max, Tank, and Slade when she started singing” Luther says.

“Yeah okay and why did you stop” Blade asks.

“She sings like a fucking Angel that’s why” Cole says.

“Yeah I couldn’t drive with her singing I was amazed and then the guys were going crazy too” Luther says and nods toward the phone that is still on the call. “But now I know what to expect and can drive again sorry guys.”

“Okay” Gunner says looking at them like they are crazy.

“So we are good to get going again right, I want to get as far as we can by midnight” Blade says and they nod their heads. I think I should keep my mouth closed from now on Blade, Fang, and Slash don’t seem too happy with me.

“Don’t worry about him he is just grumpy” Cole says looking at me.

“Yeah well all three of them don’t seem too happy with me. They seem mad and all I keep doing is causing problems. So do me a favor and don’t stop again till they stop. I’ll just sleep so I don’t distract or upset anyone” I say laying down and covering up with Luther’s jacket and using Cole’s jacket as a pillow. I drift off into a fit full sleep.

Fang’s POV:

‘What the hell is wrong with you guys’ Luther’s voice comes through the mind link.

‘What do you mean what is wrong with us? I want to get as far as we can because I wanna get home so I can get to know our mate’ Blade growls.

‘Yeah well that’s not gonna happen’ Cole scoffs.

‘Why do you say that’ I question them getting irritated.

‘Because she thinks that you three aren’t happy with her because you keep looking at her like you are pissed off that’s why’ Cole explains.

‘What she has done nothing wrong tell her that. Tell her we just want to be home that’s all’ Slash roars.

‘She won’t listen to us she told us not to stop unless everyone was stopping and that she was just going to sleep the rest of the trip so she doesn’t distract or upset us’ Cole answers.

‘I have to put the music up loud because her whimpers are too much. You guys should’ve been calmer you know a little of what she’s been through and now she thinks you are mad at her. I can only imagine what she must be dreaming about’ Luther sighs.

‘Fuck’ Blade and Slash roar in unison.

‘Pull over’ I tell them.

‘No she will only think she is going to be punished. Let’s just go a few more hours and then stop for lunch’ Cole says reasoning with us.

‘Fine’ all three of us growl blocking the others out.

‘Did we really come off that rough to her’ I ask baffled.

‘I don’t know but with what she’s been through I’m not surprised she thought she made us mad. I mean we didn’t even say anything to her all we did was look at her and that was it. I didn’t even smile at her did either of you’ Slash asks.

‘I didn’t’ Blade answers.

‘Neither did I’ I sigh.

Great now we have really messed up I just hope when we stop for the night she will still sleep in the same room with us.

(Midnight)

Melody ignored us all day today. She would only let Cole, Luther, Gemma, and Sam near her or help her with anything. Blade is barely keeping his temper in check with everyone and Slash well he is no better he is keeping his distance because whatever hold on his temper he has is by a single thread because Melody keeps turning them down. Now we are stopped for the night and we sent Gunner and Snake to get the rooms while we talk to Melody.

“Hey guys give us a sec please” I ask everyone and they leave us to talk to her.

“What did I do now” Melody asks shrinking away from us.

“Please don’t do that. We would never hurt you why do you keep pulling away from us” I ask her.

“Because I keep making you guys mad and I don’t want to get hit” she whispers looking down at her hands.

“Angel we are not mad at you and we would never hurt you on purpose” Blade tells her.

“Yeah Kitten we were just worried. We hate being away from you and then when we saw that the car wasn’t behind us we got scared something happened to you. We were never mad at you we swear” Slash tells her pulling her out of the car to carry her.

“Will you share a room with us again” I ask looking at her. She nods her head and we walk to our room.

“You want a shower Angel, or do you want to wait till the morning” Blade asks her.

“Bath please, my back and legs hurt” she whimpers.

“Sure I’ll get the water ready okay” he says walking into the bathroom.

“Fang can we talk for a second” I hear her ask.

“Sure Princess” I say taking her from Slash.

“I’ll go and get us some snacks from the vending machines” Slash says walking out the room.

‘Can you leave the link open so we can listen’ Slash asks.

‘Yeah sure just be quiet till she is finished talking’ I tell him.

“So what did you wanna talk about” I ask looking down at her.

“Why do I feel like this” she asks.

“Feel like what” I ask confused.

“Like I can’t be without you three and I want to make you guys happy. I get sad and depressed when you guys get mad at me. I feel like I can’t live without you and it scares me. I’ve only known you for what 2 days. I shouldn’t be feeling this way” she says and starts shaking.

“Hey calm down its ok. There is a reason you feel this way we were just waiting till we got to California to tell you” I say trying to calm her down.

“Why do you have to wait? It’s not like I can leave or anything, and to be honest I wouldn’t want to leave. Like I said I feel like I can’t live without you guys and I trust all of you. I just want to understand why that’s all” she says looking into my eyes.

“Why don’t you take a bath first and then all three of us will tell you together okay” I say handing her over to Blade.

“Okay” she whispers and I turn and leave her and Blade alone.